"Multiplier + Wolf + Promote" Unbalancing...bug?

+
"Multiplier + Wolf + Promote" Unbalancing...bug?

I played many match and in the last one my opponet used a strategy that in my humbe opinion is a bug (too unbalanced).

He used a chained multiplier to create 3 unit with value 72 each, that he has keep with "adreanline rush".

In the last round he started with 72x3 = 216 points. He made the first move and played "promote" to transform the 3 cards to gold.

I played a "dimeritium bomb" but the 3 cards stayed on 74 point value.

With the new patch the dimeritium bomb affect the gold card too. I think that this is a bug that sneaky people use as a glitch to win.

This issue need to be evaluated from CDPR. I will open a ticket if this post will have no visibility

bye.

EDIT: I cannot change topic title anymore. Maybe a better title is: "Dimeritium bomb does not work after -Multiplier + Wolf + Promote- in next round: bug?"

Last edited:
It's not a bug. Promote to gold changes the base str of the unit. Lets say you promote a 45str unit. 45 becomes base str. The only thing Dimeritium does is removes +2 they gain by the NR ability.

They said they will address promote on a future patch.

First off it was a bad move or bad luck of you that you didnt take care of those cards fast enough before they got out of hand (lacerate, weather cards, d-bomb when they werent gold etc.)
About the gold cards tho I dont know if its intended or not. From what I've seen so far when cards are converted to gold their current strength they had is considered as the normal strength they have thus the d-bomb only resets them to that value (and removes the buff from the NR passive what you describe I assume).
What bothers me more is that gold cards and weather effects cant be countered that much but about that the devs already said they are planning to add more counters so I guess we have to be patient :D

Title is missleading:

Him doing his combo thing is fine, d bumb bugging is the issue.

I can't confirm the bug, but if d bomb indeed doesn't work correctly with gold cards, they need to take care of that bug.

edit:
Vaishar;n7031980 said:
It's not a bug. Promote to gold changes the base str of the unit.
Right, "Convert all instances of a non-Gold unit on your side to Gold and set base strength to current.", so I was wrong.
But imo that last part should be removed the card, because that is not what base strength means.

Last edited:
ccv123;n7032030 said:
Him doing his combo thing is fine, d bumb bugging is the issue. I can't confirm the bug, but if d bomb indeed doesn't work correctly with gold cards, they need to take care of that bug

Not a bug, working as intended. See promote mechanics;

Strollin;n7032000 said:
First off it was a bad move or bad luck of you that you didnt take care of those cards fast enough before they got out of hand (lacerate, weather cards, d-bomb when they werent gold etc.)
About the gold cards tho I dont know if its intended or not. From what I've seen so far when cards are converted to gold their current strength they had is considered as the normal strength they have thus the d-bomb only resets them to that value (and removes the buff from the NR passive what you describe I assume).
What bothers me more is that gold cards and weather effects cant be countered that much but about that the devs already said they are planning to add more counters so I guess we have to be patient :D

Was not a bad move because he prepared all cards after I passed. The match before the pass was a normal match with two simple 3 value cards. In that situation I have no control and there is no card that can compete. It's unbalanced. I hope they will address this in next patch.

Killduke;n7032250 said:
Was not a bad move because he prepared all cards after I passed. The match before the pass was a normal match with two simple 3 value cards. In that situation I have no control and there is no card that can compete. It's unbalanced. I hope they will address this in next patch.

Well in that case my point still stands. Promote and wheather needs more and better counters but like I said devs are working on it ;)

Top Bottom