Music from The Witcher series of games available soon on Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play Music!

+
Music from The Witcher series of games available soon on Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play Music!

We are delighted to announce the release of The Witcher series soundtracks in popular streaming services and digital music stores all around the world. Spearheading the release of the entire 132 item catalogue, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt extended 56-track soundtrack is available now on: Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play Music, and other services. The remaining tracks containing music from The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher will become available for streaming and purchase within two weeks.

The tracklists for all the soundtracks consist of 29 items for The Witcher, 47 items for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, and 56 items for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The just-released soundtrack for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt additionally features 25 tracks previously unavailable anywhere else, and two special singles -- The Wolven Storm (also known as “Priscilla’s Song”) and Lullaby of Woe, known from the “Night to remember” launch cinematic.

“Fans asked and we did everything to deliver,” says The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Music Director, Marcin Przybyłowicz. “We’ve prepared special extended versions of our compilations that contain never-before-published tracks and singles, and I sincerely hope that gamers use this opportunity to once again dive into the mesmerizing sounds of Geralt’s world,” Przybyłowicz adds.

Will extended edition be for free for those who bought W3 on GOG or we have to pay for the full soundtrack which sounds strange because we had to had it at game launch?

Will there be a multi language option? I'm looking for the English, Polish and Japanese version of "The Wolven Storm", and the English and Polish (if available) version of "The Lullaby of Woe" :)

Will there be a multi language option? I'm looking for the English, Polish and Japanese version of "The Wolven Storm", and the English and Polish (if available) version of "The Lullaby of Woe" :)

There's multi-language of Wolven Storm, but only one Lullaby of Woe.

Will extended edition be for free for those who bought W3 on GOG or we have to pay for the full soundtrack which sounds strange because we had to had it at game launch?

Good question. Since we've already paid for one soundtrack (either with the physical edition, the digital, or both), should we have to buy these additional tracks?

Will there be a chance to get those tracks on CD that are not on the official soundtracks sold with the witcher games for those who don't like streaming music but want to collect the music on disc instead? I would appreciate that very much and maybe more witcher fans would...

Good question. Since we've already paid for one soundtrack (either with the physical edition, the digital, or both), should we have to buy these additional tracks?

Especially agree, as the poor excuse for a soundtrack we've received doesn't even have the exact music from the game. Example: in game it's instrumental, in ost it's vocals. Missing songs example, Wolven storm. And so on.

Feels like we are owed the tracks as they are in the game, with songs as they are in the game.

I should probably expound a bit, lest I appear overly guilty of claiming too much entitlement as a customer. (We saw enough of that during the Collector's Edition affair!) I'd rather pose the question of whether they will make the additional tracks available to players who've the soundtrack already, or if these tracks will only be attainable through use of these music services? I leave judgement of this plan's respective merits to others.

I would like to know as well, if these tracks become available to those who already have the TW3 game/soundtrack.

(Ofcourse only receive the sountracks of the games you own :p )

The tracklists for all the soundtracks consist of 29 items for The Witcher, 47 items for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, and 56 items for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The just-released soundtrack for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt additionally features 25 tracks previously unavailable anywhere else, and two special singles -- The Wolven Storm (also known as “Priscilla’s Song”) and Lullaby of Woe, known from the “Night to remember” launch cinematic.

I think I am blind or something. Cannot see either of these two tracks on Play Music?

@Marcin Momot: Are you going to add it to Bandcamp too? They sell music DRM-free and also provide FLAC versions. I suppose it's also available on GOG where one should be able to get the DRM-free FLAC, but it only comes as an add-on to the game and you can't buy it separately.

Or there is some DRM-free store from the listed above (that includes FLAC)? It would be useful to know where it is.

Last edited:
I'd add my voice to those enquiring about whether the new tracks will be added to the existing soundtrack available on GOG. I personally don't use streaming services (internet can be a bit flakey) and prefer to play the mp3s.

Maybe I'm missing something. The very mention of Google store and apples store made me think we have to pay for it.

Since you seem to understand these services better, can you tell us if we're able to obtain the tracks in mp3, flac or some other format on to our computer hard drives?

I'm traditional and avoid installing services just for one OST. It's almost like DRM.

Checked Google Play and the album does cost money, with an option to buy individual songs. No idea if you can store them afterwards or in what format they come in though. You can listen to the songs for free on Spotify, but that's it, you can only listen.

Honestly I'm fine with it, since CDPR has no obligation to offer the extended version for free as a download, it would be nice if they would, but I don't feel entitled to it. The OST I got for free via physical copy/GOG is already pretty extensive and I'm grateful for that.

Ay, 'twould be very nice to see them on GOG.com, but I don't think we need make too great an issue of their absence.

Honestly I'm fine with it, since CDPR has no obligation to offer the extended version for free as a download, it would be nice if they would, but I don't feel entitled to it. The OST I got for free via physical copy/GOG is already pretty extensive and I'm grateful for that.

I don't mind paying, as long as that will be a DRM-free purchase, and FLAC preferably. I.e if GOG would offer it as a paid add-on, it would be fine.

Top Bottom