music using the original w2 ost

+
music using the original w2 ost

Okay, I know there's a wiki page and a forum post about this already, but the wiki has been down for a month now and it's driving me crazy that I can't figure this out. I've done everything I could remember to make the music work; put l02_music (and made sure to also try l02_music.fev and l02_music.fsb for good measure) in the world tab, placed a sound ambient area, went to the music.csv to look at the names of the cues, and typed one in the "playmusiconenter" tab under the properties of the sound area... nothing, no matter how many songs I tried. :/ please, can someone help me out? Am I leaving something out? I don't know what I forgot, or if it simply won't work.

Hi,

Did you cook the mod? I had the same problem. I didn't hear music in editor, and when I wanted to test newly added cues, priorities of sound areas or distances I needed to cook my mod. Every single time.

No, I've only ever cooked my mod once to try testing a few things, but it didn't show up in the user content menu in the game.. But that's a battle for another day. I'm not entirely sure what I did differently, but my editor crashed earlier today and when it reloaded all the music worked.. and has been since then. Maybe it just needed to restart? If it cuts out again though, I'll try that though. Thanks for such a quick response! :smiling:

However, if you don't mind my asking, I would like to know if there's any possible way to make it so that I can use two level's soundtracks on my map? If not, I'll manage just fine, but having more looping music to work with would be nice. Thanks.

Ok, I'm using the l03 and was wanting a song from l02, but I found a decent enough replacement. Thanks for all your help and quick responses.

Top Bottom