MUST HAVE faster animations for 8 seconds turn!

+
They should not do it because of the seasonal, you should consider not taking decks with a lot of actions per turn there. Although i guess it wouldn't be bad there.

I agree tho that they should be faster, Gwent games take a little too long a lot of the time and it would be one way to make games faster without shortening thinking time.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Did you try these ?
  1. disable vsync in-game
  2. update your monitor driver
  3. update your gpu driver
  4. go to your gpu control panel (in this case nvidia control panel):
    1. set your display to the highest available refresh rate, then go to 3D settings
    2. low latency mode: on
    3. vsync: disabled
    4. texture filtering quality: performance
    5. max frame rate: either uncapped or a multiple of 60 (Use 360 fps for a gtx1080ti or rtx2070)
    6. monitor technology: fixed refresh
    7. power management mode: prefer maximum performance
    8. preferred refresh rate: maximum available
    9. shader cache: "on" when using a SSD, "off" when using a HDD
  5. Windows 10 settings:
    1. disable Windows Game Bar
    2. go to advanced display settings to check if refresh rate matches the settings in your gpu control panel
  6. Windows Control Panel: Power options: Set power plan to High performance
  7. if possible, set your mouse to the highest available polling rate
  8. right click on Gwent.exe and disable fullscreen optimization
  9. restart your computer (don't click "shut down")
  10. have a cup of black tea or coffee. cheers!

Yeah, too much is unplayable due to both the animation speed and the delay in eg selecting the leader for abilities.

I would even take extending turns to 12 seconds - still fast, but enough time to make up for the animations and delays.

So many mistakes otherwise and frustration rapidly clicking on things and having them stall, then randomly do something you didn't intend...

Spare me. You've learned that you cannot use that card in seasonal mode. Adjust to the season.

You want to feel pain, there are a few of us who went from playing the previous dragon season on console to playing the current one on mobile. If i get a call or Amber Alert it's an instant loss.

Best season that ever existed in history of Gwent, yet unplayable on the platform (mobile) the whole game was redesigned for, with project Homecoming.
Weird.

CDPR won't make some leaders quicker for speed gwent to force you to play differently but has no problem with fucking 3 moves being auto played by the computer. I understand that certain leaders should be unusable but Death's Shadow into Auberon still works. My opponents turn last about 12 - 16 seconds because the computer auto plays the interaction. They should make up their mind. If a card is tutored or created after the 8 seconds it should be destroyed. people are playing double ball for christs sake. There's no way that's doable in 8 seconds but every poison hits its mark!

Why not just increase turn time a little bit? go from 8 seconds to 10 seconds?

Bam, problem mostly solved without bringing back those lovely people who'd grief by explicitly waiting the turn timer down every game.

Spare me. You've learned that you cannot use that card in seasonal mode. Adjust to the season.

You want to feel pain, there are a few of us who went from playing the previous dragon season on console to playing the current one on mobile. If i get a call or Amber Alert it's an instant loss.

Haha those damn amber alerts! I feel your pain, happened yesterday!

I agree, certain leader and card animations are problematic. Realistically, I don't expect that the developers are likely to tweak the game to change this, just to suit players that want to use abilities with lengthy animations attached to them.

If they could, however, rather than shortening the animations, which are part of the fun of the game, and sometimes provide useful information, or lengthening the time limits, which would not really fix the issue and lessen the challenge of the match format, I would suggest suspending the timer whenever the game has taken control away from the player.

In the meantime, I am avoiding cards and abilities with long animated effects (yes, I am looking at you Skellige damage deck).

I agree, certain leader and card animations are problematic. Realistically, I don't expect that the developers are likely to tweak the game to change this, just to suit players that want to use abilities with lengthy animations attached to them.

If they could, however, rather than shortening the animations, which are part of the fun of the game, and sometimes provide useful information, or lengthening the time limits, which would not really fix the issue and lessen the challenge of the match format, I would suggest suspending the timer whenever the game has taken control away from the player.

In the meantime, I am avoiding cards and abilities with long animated effects (yes, I am looking at you Skellige damage deck).

That's a great middle ground option; when the player is literally not in control as animations are played; the timer doesn't count down.

That's a great middle ground option; when the player is literally not in control as animations are played; the timer doesn't count down.

I agree that it's a good middle ground but I would just put an option in the settings to disable leader animations all together. You'd still get the poses and animations for round loses and wins but the leader animation for using the ability would be disabled and they would just stand therein a pose. They can still have a voiceline when doing the ability or whatever.

I would like to provide a feedback about seasonal games in Draconid Season.
I am not sure if it meant to be this way or not.
But the animation takes time. The allocated limited time doesn't count for animation time.
And it causes problems. It can shift the course of the match.
Allocated time is to short with all the animation in place. It really annoying.

How on earth can you deactivate the leader ability, if its an ability with multiple charges? I have lost multiple games now due to the game not responding and spending all leader charges at once :(( I play on ipad, so the animations are clunky anyway, but the screen is a decent size, and still I cant figure out how to do it.
The first charge typically hits the unit I intended, and then it just keeps going targeting random units.
It cant be possible the only viable leader ability is lockdown. And yes, I am playing a deck with minimal orders, mostly deploy abilities, but this leader charge issue is game breaking.
sorry for the rant, I have been working towards the win 40 rounds in seasonal quest the whole night and its just such a chore. Cant wait to go back to normal play:disapprove:

How on earth can you deactivate the leader ability, if its an ability with multiple charges? I have lost multiple games now due to the game not responding and spending all leader charges at once :(( I play on ipad, so the animations are clunky anyway, but the screen is a decent size, and still I cant figure out how to do it.
The first charge typically hits the unit I intended, and then it just keeps going targeting random units.
It cant be possible the only viable leader ability is lockdown. And yes, I am playing a deck with minimal orders, mostly deploy abilities, but this leader charge issue is game breaking.
sorry for the rant, I have been working towards the win 40 rounds in seasonal quest the whole night and its just such a chore. Cant wait to go back to normal play:disapprove:
There isn't a way to disable the leader ability. Definitely something that should be available, especially for mobile platforms.

Unfortunately, the only fix, is to play the cards/leader abilities quicker....pretty difficult in this seasonal mode.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Yea on iPad / iPhone it's really hard, almost unplayable.
Here's where it gets problematic:
  • iOS uses a variable refresh rate, which can cause input lag variance. Beside of that Vsync cannot be disabled.
  • Opening the Control Centre while Gwent is running can cuase extra latency that stays until you close the app in the app navigater / task manager.
  • A bad WiFi connection probably increases the input buffer size on the game server
There are simple solutions to this problem by CDPR:
- Stop the counter while the leader ability is being played
OR
- Let the players turn off animations completely. I'd rather have a playable than animated season.
I think animations in standard mode actually help the servers to process information more accurately, because the next action always has to wait until the previous action is finished, which is probably preventing players from making use of exploits, or simply from being disconnected. Not the best solution for Battle Rush tho...

Top Bottom