Must haves for the DLC/Huge Patch January/March for Panam, Judy, River

+
Imagine January and February patches will be bug fixes and nothing more. Because they literally have only two months for anything.

I mean it's literally teaching you that not everyone thinks you're 'hot', just like in reality. You can't force or demand a lesbian to like you because you're attracted to her, and you don't like the hetero girl in your group. That's messed up. People say they like Judy, love her personality and respect her but then spit on the fact she's gay because they can't bone if they're male.

There should have just been more romance options, that's it. That's the line.

You might not have realized, but this is a game, not real life. The same conventions do not apply, specially if you consider what's around you in this game. What, exactly, does having her as a homosexual achieves that having her as a bisexual wouldn't? What do you gain from locking out a romance option based on gender, aside from alienating players?

You might not have realized, but this is a game, not real life. The same conventions do not apply, specially if you consider what's around you in this game. What, exactly, does having her as a homosexual achieves that having her as a bisexual wouldn't? What do you gain from locking out a romance option based on gender, aside from alienating players?
I'm fully aware that it's not real life. But considering right now the LGBTQ+ community is still fighting for equal rights, do you think it's morally okay to do that?

You're literally arguing that you want a character who was built to be Lesbian to be bisexual so you can romance her because you don't like it that you have been 'alienated and punished', which is ridiculous. It's like you haven't been catered to since the dawn of RPGs with romance options and just can't take the small hit.

I don't see any of the LGBTQ+ community writing a darn manifesto on how Panam or River should be bisexual.

Also, what does it add? It adds the fact a character has some depth and taste. She's Lesbian, she likes women. Let her like women.

The fact that people are doing this for Judy is darn sad. It screams that they don't actually care about all of them being available for either sex, they just want Judy.

Last edited:
I liked the dynamic relationship Judy had with my Male V. I saw nothing wrong with that friendship. We didn't have any romantic awkwardness, it just was a meaningful bond shared between Judy and V and that story was pretty rewarding.

Anyways, that was the goal I had for both Judy and Male V.

I'm fully aware that it's not real life. But considering right now the LGBTQ+ community is still fighting for equal rights, do you think it's morally okay to do that?

You're literally arguing that you want a character who was built to be Lesbian to be bisexual so you can romance her because you don't like it that you have been 'alienated and punished', which is ridiculous. It's like you haven't been catered to since the dawn of RPGs with romance options and just can't take the small hit.

I don't see any of the LGBTQ+ community writing a darn manifesto on how Panam or River should be bisexual.

Also, what does it add? It adds the fact a character has some depth and taste. She's Lesbian, she likes women. Let her like women.

The fact that people are doing this for Judy is darn sad. It screams that they don't actually care about all of them being available for either sex, they just want Judy.

What a nice gaslight you got there!
So the character solely exists for pandering, then? Lovely. This discussion is asinine, you'll actively be searching for reason as to why she should exclusively be lesbian, regardless of whether it results in positive impact on gameplay. To you, it revolves solely around representation, anything else is irrelevant or secondary.

I hope you're having fun with your game. Have a good day. (y)

What a nice gaslight you got there!
So the character solely exists for pandering, then? Lovely. This discussion is asinine, you'll actively be searching for reason as to why she should exclusively be lesbian, regardless of whether it results in positive impact on gameplay. To you, it revolves solely around representation, anything else is irrelevant or secondary.

I hope you're having fun with your game. Have a good day. (y)
Pretty sure you don't know what gaslighting means if you're using it here.

She exists for the story, she was created also to be homosexual. That's how she was written. Why do homosexuals have to be written out of games for the sake of some? They exist. Let them exist.

Can't believe I'm actually having to defend how a homosexual character should be allowed to stay homosexual. This is scary.

Eh, I don't (completely) agree. Yes, ALL the LIs (Kerry included) should have more contenent. Adding 2 quests after V get together with them and having them help someway in the ending (Plus adding the chance to sleep in their house. Really, it's an easy change, they could add it right now) would make things better.
The problem is that it doesn't make sense to have so few LIs and making them straight and gay. I don't like having Playersexual LIs but now the choice of the player is very limited. I hope that they'll add two new LIs (ideally Takemura and Meredith, I think they're the ones that would fit better, and I think they both had probably cut contenent) and make them bisexuals.

[...] And even if they don't make more scenes, more texts, i love getting texts from Judy or Panam, especially when you are in romance with them and they send cute texts :p
This! I don't know about the rest of y'all, but for me something as simple as a text conversation added so much to the game (especially Takemura's, for me, personally). It's just this little reminder that the person is thinking of you, or gives you something to smile about when you're out there wiping out every gang member in night city - well, something else to smile about, anyway. lol. How about an option to be able to pick from some pre-selected text choices for V to start a text conversation with that person, too?

And even when you're with them, just having some additional conversations, everyday stuff, maybe even being able to tell them about something that happened to you or whatever, would be so good. I'm sure it would make the existing romances feel a lot more full. And of course, being able to sleep at their place, wake up next to them, and do the dirty with them whenever you feel like it (might also be cool to occasionally have them be 'not in the mood'/'too tired', or just in the mood to talk about something that's bothering them or whatever). Not that I have anything against new scenes/quests being added - the more the better, really. Hell, I'd like for V to just be able to have a card game or do a bit of drinking or gambling with a friend. Go clubbing. Out to eat. Or take one of them out for a roller-coaster ride.

Personally I'd really like to take Takemura and Misty on the rollercoaster. :)

Wow people ...just go and develop your own game and you can do ALL that. Some requests make sense but come on.. most of the stuff in here is personal preference.

Wow people ...just go and develop your own game and you can do ALL that. Some requests make sense but come on.. most of the stuff in here is personal preference.
Besides changing the sexuality of existing characters (which probably wouldn't be so much of a talking point for people if they actually gave us some choice in the first place), I don't think too much of what is mentioned here is particularly unreasonable. Especially in light of what we were actually promised.
Post automatically merged:

Judy is lesbian. We don't know about Goro's sexuality so asking for him to be bi is fine. Not a character who has a set sexuality.
I believe Goro is meant to be straight, or was before his content was cut out, but that's just the impression from the difference between how he talks to female V versus male V in what was left. BUT considering that content was taken out, if he were to be made an option again, I don't see anything wrong with him being made bi. I don't really agree with erasure of any sexuality, even hetero, but I can certainly understand people wanting more choice, and Takemura is pretty damn irresistible. Hopefully the devs will consider adding him (back in). :)

Besides changing the sexuality of existing characters (which probably wouldn't be so much of a talking point for people if they actually gave us some choice in the first place), I don't think too much of what is mentioned here is particularly unreasonable. Especially in light of what we were actually promised.

I believe Goro is meant to be straight, or was before his content was cut out, but that's just the impression from the difference between how he talks to female V versus male V in what was left. BUT considering that content was taken out, if he were to be made an option again, I don't see anything wrong with him being made bi. I don't really agree with erasure of any sexuality, even hetero, but I can certainly understand people wanting more choice, and Takemura is pretty damn irresistible. Hopefully the devs will consider adding him (back in). :)
Had no idea he reacts different to a male or female V, interesting. Still, yeah as far as we know, we don't know his preferences 100% so he could easily be bi.

I certainly wouldn't mind more romances added in, even the briefest of 'one-night-stands'. It does honestly feel that there's a certain lack of 'romantic/sexual' content in the game that V can take part in.

Communication and ongoing conversations with your romance is something that should be a must. Even if it's just texts or a few calls. But even then I see no reason why you can't ask your romance to spend the night or get together somewhere. This isn't exactly something that blows the budget. Texts, calls, asks for spending the night - romance/sex scene play. Someone is probably going to mod this in any way, but still.

One night stands that don't include joytoys, barring a certain corpo. We're told that in this world people have little humanity and kind of hypersexualised. Sex is just an everyday thing. We don't get that either. We see it, but we don't get to indulge in it ourselves. Going further than that, there's like what. Four joytoys in total in this game? Give me a break, how is that even remotely realistic even in terms of 'the game', again someone is just going to mod this too.

It just feels lacking, like we're missing so much - and that's because we are. But this certainly doesn't mean that we should just blank slate characters and make them bisexual. We just need more flavour, more options.

I agree characters s
I certainly wouldn't mind more romances added in, even the briefest of 'one-night-stands'. It does honestly feel that there's a certain lack of 'romantic/sexual' content in the game that V can take part in.

Communication and ongoing conversations with your romance is something that should be a must. Even if it's just texts or a few calls. But even then I see no reason why you can't ask your romance to spend the night or get together somewhere. This isn't exactly something that blows the budget. Texts, calls, asks for spending the night - romance/sex scene play. Someone is probably going to mod this in any way, but still.

One night stands that don't include joytoys, barring a certain corpo. We're told that in this world people have little humanity and kind of hypersexualised. Sex is just an everyday thing. We don't get that either. We see it, but we don't get to indulge in it ourselves. Going further than that, there's like what. Four joytoys in total in this game? Give me a break, how is that even remotely realistic even in terms of 'the game', again someone is just going to mod this too.

It just feels lacking, like we're missing so much - and that's because we are. But this certainly doesn't mean that we should just blank slate characters and make them bisexual. We just need more flavour, more options.
I agree characters shouldn't be bi, it just takes away from the realism.
Attleast both male/female V have a nice female romance option, so that's great for me as straight dude.
But i would like them to add more romance options in general maybe with story expansions.
Also gay/lesbian/bi, i think kerry is a cool dude but his romance starts so late in the game.
Also i find it strange there are no options in quests to offer sex for bargaining etc. (i don't wanna sound like i want my V to be absolute sl*t) but there are lots of games where this is an option, and in a hypersexualised reality as cyberpunk i find this kinda weird not to be present.

We're told that in this world people have little humanity and kind of hypersexualised. Sex is just an everyday thing. We don't get that either. We see it, but we don't get to indulge in it ourselves.
I don't think the game goes anywhere near far enough with sexual content, drug content, etc for the sort of world it's trying to portray. Not just what V gets to partake in, but what she/he sees. In many ways Night City feels too much like a major city that exists these days, just with more technological advancements. It feels way too tame. I want them to really go all out for the rating the game has, make use of how hard they fought to get the rating in order to make their vision of this world feel real. I want to feel shocked from my 2020 mindset at what these people consider 'normal' and 'everyday'. I want it to be dirtier, grimier, and more corrupt in every fashion.
And in the same vein, I want there to be romances that offset that, offering something truly precious and genuine against the dismal nature of the rest of society - an oasis, some respite. That already exists in some capacity, as well as friendships, but not enough, and I feel like making the rest of the city and society more extreme would only work in its favor.

I don't know. I personally felt there was more chemistry between Goro and V than for example Kerry and V.

I don't think the game goes anywhere near far enough with sexual content, drug content, etc for the sort of world it's trying to portray. Not just what V gets to partake in, but what she/he sees. In many ways Night City feels too much like a major city that exists these days, just with more technological advancements. It feels way too tame. I want them to really go all out for the rating the game has, make use of how hard they fought to get the rating in order to make their vision of this world feel real. I want to feel shocked from my 2020 mindset at what these people consider 'normal' and 'everyday'. I want it to be dirtier, grimier, and more corrupt in every fashion.
And in the same vein, I want there to be romances that offset that, offering something truly precious and genuine against the dismal nature of the rest of society - an oasis, some respite. That already exists in some capacity, as well as friendships, but not enough, and I feel like making the rest of the city and society more extreme would only work in its favor.
Agreed. In many occasions, especially drugs, the game is just telling us, not showing.

Judy is lesbian. We don't know about Goro's sexuality so asking for him to be bi is fine. Not a character who has a set sexuality.

Eh. Sexuality in cyberpunk is a pretty mixed and fluid thing, the fact that Judy would go for a V with junk in the trunk but a fem body is proof of that (feels a bit like cheating, tbh). I don't really expect it to change, though. Would i have liked her to be bi? Yes. Does it bother me she's not? Not really. Ultimately, she is whatever the devs want her to be (even traditionally conflicting, like the example i mentioned).

Going maybe a bit offtopic but highly agreed on the tame world. It really doesn't feel very dystopian though I get the vibe it's supposed to. Not nearly enough explicit material, disregard of humanity in general, morals, drugs, violence and so on. Really it could be almost a modern day metropolis with a few added tech gadgets and risique ads.

NC is supposed to have the highest crime rate and voted as worst place to live if I recall. Massive inequality and the whole cyberpunk theme of low life, high tech. Mostly untapped, I feel.

On topic actually. Agreed with most, more in depth exploration with your love interest would be great. I wanna go on a date with Panam and pop a beer together watching the sunset in the badlands. I wanna take her to the city and have a shooting competition. I wanna sit down for a lunch. I wanna ride a motorbike together with her. I wanna bang her from dusk till dawn. I wanna have interesting discussions about her past, future, hobbies, skills, beliefs, friends, conflicts and so on. Drop in a few more quests, give us an ability to have her as a follower maybe if only in the city as a "date mode" so we can grab a snack from a street kitchen together.

What we can do now? Eh..

Definitely DLC potential there.

And Judy? I mean, let's see those mod tools first :ohstopit:

Eh. Sexuality in cyberpunk is a pretty mixed and fluid thing, the fact that Judy would go for a V with junk in the trunk but a fem body is proof of that (feels a bit like cheating, tbh). I don't really expect it to change, though. Would i have liked her to be bi? Yes. Does it bother me she's not? Not really. Ultimately, she is whatever the devs want her to be (even traditionally conflicting, like the example i mentioned).
For some people sexuality isn't fluid. They have preferences. We all have.

Also pretty sure genitalia was added later. Mainly because her sex scene doesn't involve penetration with you junk, compared to Panam's. Therefore, makes no sense. A V with a male body, voice and vagina won't do anything to Panam's sex scene. It's laughable.

Top Bottom