Must haves for the DLC/Huge Patch January/March for Panam, Judy, River

+
Eh. Sexuality in cyberpunk is a pretty mixed and fluid thing, the fact that Judy would go for a V with junk in the trunk but a fem body is proof of that (feels a bit like cheating, tbh). I don't really expect it to change, though. Would i have liked her to be bi? Yes. Does it bother me she's not? Not really. Ultimately, she is whatever the devs want her to be (even traditionally conflicting, like the example i mentioned).
I've said this in another thread but genitals are nothing more than cosmetics in the game. If you have a female body + female voice, you're a woman and will be treated as such by the characters. You will also have sex like one, hence why you simply can't use your "junk" in her scene. This applies to other characters.

Sexuality isn't a "fluid" thing either in cyberpunk since we have gay, straight and bi characters. And neither the straights nor gays can be turned/fluid.

I've said this in another thread but genitals are nothing more than cosmetics in the game. If you have a female body + female voice, you're a woman and will be treated as such by the characters. You will also have sex like one, hence why you simply can't use your "junk" in her scene. This applies to other characters.

Sexuality isn't a "fluid" thing either in cyberpunk since we have gay, straight and bi characters. And neither the straights nor gays can be turned/fluid.
You pretty much said what i've tried to say previous post but much more well put. Lol, curse my english.:giveup:

i wish we get something along with bug fixes, but i doubt devs want to add stuff to increase chances for more bugs.

They can't keep making new scenes, but i think just some generic scene for every romance character, where if you sleep where they live, so judy's appartement or panam's nomad camp,etc...Screen fade to black and you open your eyes next to romance character and they say something cute to you, and you get up would be quite cool. And even if they don't make more scenes, more texts, i love getting texts from Judy or Panam, especially when you are in romance with them and they send cute texts :p
The texts were soo good. There were some moments by chance where I had just done some pretty dark and depressing quests, the kind that make you nearly change your non-kill playthrough, and texts would come through that were these warm, cute, funny, hopeful messages that were completely unrelated but so uplifting. This game leans tok much into the johnny / v relationship - its strengths are in the V / everyone else relationship.

Yes, we know now after playing that the game treats them as "cosmetics", which is absurd, whichever way you look at it. On one hand, they expect us to take romances seriously but on the other hand: a dick between two lesbians? Oh, no problem, don't mind that, they certainly don't! Pretty ridiculous and devaluing to their own writing. Meh.

Of course it is. They've pretty much openly said so and advertised it as such through ingame ads and their character editor.. What they didn't do was actually embrace it and write something truly unique, instead choosing a safer, half-hearted route. Probably due to time limitations. Though the marketing has been, overall, really bad so fault could lie there as well.

Some ppl like women, some men and some both. Also applies to genitalia. It's completely normal. Not everyone is fluid.

i wish we get something along with bug fixes, but i doubt devs want to add stuff to increase chances for more bugs.
We will get new content with January and February patches. We dont know what exactly though. According to witcher 3 (they added free dlc's there too) we will get a few new quests and new game + mode. I expect that we will get basic things like barber and car customization too. The reason we don't have this now is that the devs were in hurry. A few days ago 2 cdp devs told us that in january 2020 the game was barely playable and it was impossible to release it in 2020, but the CEO keep pushing them and the commercials were saying that the game is already complete, and all the devs do is polishing it. That was a Lie unfortunately :/ Even working 6 days a week without any pause or vacation couldn't help the game(they worked in that way from August to December). It's so sad when the devs that have passion and want us to play the best game they can create are not given enough time. That's why they had to cut out many things that were told to be in game like car customization. I hope that now they will have enough time to deliver patches that will give us the missing elements.

i would rather take either entirely new NPC to romance
If they aren't going to give fem-V a Panam romance then yes I would agree, new characters. Or even bring back Meredith as the central figure in the DLC story, whatever it is.
Post automatically merged:

I don't see any of the LGBTQ+ community writing a darn manifesto on how Panam or River should be bisexual.
/waveshand You aren't really paying attention then. ;)

that game need the "side quest" as procedural / respawnable / scallable content, as an "option"

I understand somes players want to "finish" and be done, but somes players also want to be able to just go back, or just repeat somes content again & again just because they consider that fun.

If they aren't going to give fem-V a Panam romance then yes I would agree, new characters. Or even bring back Meredith as the central figure in the DLC story, whatever it is.

/waveshand You aren't really paying attention then. ;)
We're writing manifestos? Eugh.

Personally for me it was Judy that defined the entire experience honestly. When you ask yourself what did the story take you up on as your personal goal while going tru it, idk maybe for some it was collecting, gunplay or insane dps numbers or fashion for any customization or main story or achievement/completionist hunt, etc.... For me it was just Judy and all the bits of story she got with my female V, time would freeze when she called and texted and it all turned to Judy 2077. Pretty soon into the game too and am at 130 hours without haven't done all there is to do. I would be very disappointed if Judy is anything less than what she is currently, it would water down her character and ruin it.

And by far nothing else will i be carrying with me further in my memories than that romance and story told with those 2 characters. So you can imagine the sadness when you realize that the start of your relationship is the end of it essentially as it stands now. I will get lovely messages from her and gifts as well as a line of dialogue and lovely ending but it feels so unfulfilled. Even her apartment turned into no more than a cute adorable gesture since all it does is just for the stash that you can have at any moment with your car. Can't even take a nap on couch... Needless to say in a dark city where violence is daily on the table and morals are far gone with lost souls wandering aimlessly tru their days you find the one person that loves you. And after a day of blowing heads off random duds on streets you come back and can't even hug or kiss that person let alone take them out or do more with them. Am sure things i said were said many times before and they should be repeated and passionately pushed for and hammered down to make it clear.

Therefore ill list a few things i feel would give us all a more fulfilling experience:

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindences she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

All these are within reach and not unreasonable. If at least some of the upper ones aren't met then please don't start introducing new romance options. "Quality over quantity, V." All the aforementioned can simply exist easy outside of the main storyline and simply build on the side. I'll tell you now that any new additions and changes that expands the romance of my character of choice will have me easily play tru all of the game again. And a separate multiplayer game without them as romance choice or extension of the main game will get no real interest from me. Build on your strengths, don't be a Destiny or Warframe that will get boring and beg for play tru simple grind. Build on story and dialogue and relationships that is what will make your audience sing praises.

I think judy shouldnt be bisexual. I know she is fan favourite and People who made male V are disappointed. But female V cant romance Panam so something for something. Judy definetily have the most appereance time u can Learn about her past, where she used to live etc. And after u start relationship with her she will write u a nice message sometimes( after Reading every message she will give u her shogun) but still i think that this relationship is made in a bad way. It ends with sex and then u dont see Judy until the end of the game. U can of course visit her but she has only 1 new dialogue line after u get into relationship with her so there is no sense in it
Thank you, I love your take and I completely agree Judy should stay as she is and so should Panam and others. Doing otherwise would undermine who they are and break their character building story. If there is a demand for bisexual characters they should be introduced separately but as you said, the relationship shouldn't end at the start of it. There has to be way more interactions and quests and things to do once in a relationship!

Last edited:
Judy should be allowed to be bi sexual. She's a genius tech person IRL she'd be a pansexual and should love the V with intelligence regardless of genital. Out of the three we get to see her the most which we appreciate but you missed potential *SPOILER* what if instead of the lousy turn out to the club you run it with her for a little? Drive a drunk who's had too many home, Stop a club shoot out, Go pick up girls for the club [I Repeat how haven't you guys thought of this]

I think it would be very harmful for Judy to be anything else than what she is now. She is beautiful in her own way and wanting her to be anything that she isn't, I can tell you already wouldn't get you far with a girl like that. Just flip-floping her character traits diminishes everything that she is and stands for and makes no sense. Now to take that out of her realm into ours and champion the change for benefit of people playing male V breaks any world and character integrity within her space. I wouldn't want Panam to be any different nor Kerry or Rivers and certainly not Judy and the way they are immovable in their orientation is what makes them real and relatable within their space. If you look at what Marvel and DC are doing, flipping characters to accommodate some virtue signaling trend they basically insult anyone who is LGBT while at the same time watering down their characters to the point of no integrity at all. Instead of making new characters that would accommodate those traits some people wish to see they just pander with established ones. It ends up looking very sad and severs any relationship you personally had with a certain character. I can tell you now that if Judy or Panam were flipped to bi i would feel scared that it only opens door to even worse character assassinations in future. Please don't advocate this.

I feel you. I miss Judy something fierce. Here's to hoping for more content. :giveup:

(for all LI's of course)

l feel i need therapy after all I've been with Judy, or maybe its normal to cry and smile at same time in a weird twist of chaotic emotions when you see someone....Its all mostly due to the endless feeling of unfulfilled desires and abrupt end at the start of the relationship essentially. I don't ever take time to post or type on reddit or anything but am on a damn crusade to get us more Judy relationship!

Last edited:
What i think could be also a cool addition to the game with the romance stuff and more sidemissions with them
would be the fact that besides the activities, companion mode etc., that there are some side events with your romances like minimissions. For example when u are with Panam (Aldecaldos), u get a call that they need supplies for the camp and ask if u can help them steal them from another clan or there is a Militech convoy leaving NC and you have to hijack it that they get new weapons. Another one would be that the camp is under attack, and u could come and help them out. Something like that, I am pretty sure is possible for every romance in the game. Like I know u would be able to do it with Judy and clouds for example. Not every 20 minutes but in like 4 hours realtime or so that it don't feels like the same thing over and over again but still have missions to do with you romances. If u don't want/have time to do it rn, you could just reject it and move on. That way u have events (missions) beside dates, etc. that you can do with your romance/friends from time to time. Something that lets the game be more alive after u finished quests, etc.

What i think could be also a cool addition to the game with the romance stuff and more sidemissions with them
would be the fact that besides the activities, companion mode etc., that there are some side events with your romances like minimissions. For example when u are with Panam (Aldecaldos), u get a call that they need supplies for the camp and ask if u can help them steal them from another clan or there is a Militech convoy leaving NC and you have to hijack it that they get new weapons. Another one would be that the camp is under attack, and u could come and help them out. Something like that, I am pretty sure is possible for every romance in the game. Like I know u would be able to do it with Judy and clouds for example. Not every 20 minutes but in like 4 hours realtime or so that it don't feels like the same thing over and over again but still have missions to do with you romances. If u don't want/have time to do it rn, you could just reject it and move on. That way u have events (missions) beside dates, etc. that you can do with your romance/friends from time to time. Something that lets the game be more alive after u finished quests, etc.
Great points! Like you after the romance bit end, I felt there was nothing really to look forwards to since nothing had such impact for me.
Here is a thread that sums it up further.

There are dozen of threads like this, in short, I agree, with all of them and yours.
I believe the community should all mass up in one thread however just like how people did with Triss petition so that devs can get a thorough look without looking around too much.
So how can we start a petition? Just creating a massive thread with all the fans? I think there is a small chance that everyone will participate tho.

Preface this by saying my apologies for the long post, but rarely do fully fleshed out thoughts fit a Twitter character limit, when it comes to such sensitive topics. I have not played a Female V yet, so I cannot comment on this experience, nor will I try.

I'm a hetero male, and to be honest, I wouldn't change a thing about Male V's relationship with Judy. I understand the gaming community ranges from teenagers to those of us older millennials (and even older now), so I can also understand that perspectives of relationships in games differ. I also understand some people have yet to experience the world, or have not been forced outside of their comfort zones, and therefore their opinions on very real world matters (like human sexuality) may be a bit... unrefined, to say the least.

But for real - anyone demanding Judy's sexuality be changed - did you stop to actually get to know the character as she is written? Judy's love life has been a cycle of attraction to women who seek power and use her to further their own goals. Despite knowing this, Judy wears her heart on her sleeve and continually sacrifices bits of herself for these women. You see it with Maiko, you see it with Evelyn, and you even get a glimpse of this when you visit her hometown and hear about her struggles as a pre-teen, discovering her sexuality, after she realizes she likes the popular girl who never even glanced at her. Judy is forever chasing someone who will just - for once - not use her, but love and accept her for who she is. Its all there for you - spelled out quite clearly - you just have to listen (or read).

Let me be clear here: while you cannot be that someone for her as a Male V in a romantic sense, you are the person she really opens up to in the story. Judy wears thick emotional armor because she has learned that she has to! And for once, she met someone who didn't want anything from her! Male V is there for her, gets her back during some significantly traumatic events, and never once asks her for anything in return (including sex) - as a real friend should. The moments you share with her at the dam are some of most intimate moments I have ever experienced in a game. She opens herself to you in a way that she never does with anyone else, because she trusts you and you've shown you're a loyal companion; not some sleaze ball who wants to fuck her, and Night City is full of those (*cough* Woodman *cough*).

By demanding Judy's sexuality be changed so you can experience some 5 minute "sex scene" as a Male character, you are completely spitting in the face of the platonic intimacy that was written in the story between Male V and Judy. It's a pure, loving friendship. To change it for some man-child's inability to grasp that women are not there to be their plaything would be a complete disrespect to what the writers intended, and to the LGBTQ community who feel represented by these characters.

Truthfully, it's painfully obvious that many gamers have never been actual friends with a woman who has identified as lesbian before (or perhaps anyone in the LGBTQ community), because if they did, they'd understand the bullshit these individuals have to constantly put up with from hetero men who think they can "change" them by just being annoying and creepy enough. Women, in general, have to deal with this type of behavior. However, the LGBTQ community gets the added caveat of risking ostracization from their loved ones and social backlash for something they cannot change about themselves.

If anything - the story between Male V and Judy could be a teachable moment, if only we're receptive to the lesson. Judy shuts you down hard if you make suggestive quips (such as commenting how good she looks in the wet suit) or when you ask if meeting up is a date, and you can hear disappointment in her voice when she shuts down your comment about the wetsuit. And that disappointment (amongst other emotions) is something women (of all sexual orientations) feel throughout their lives whenever some dudebro once again turns out to be some thirsty man-child who befriended them for insidious and selfish reasons.

AAA Video games are becoming more mature with their content. The days of female characters being designed to tickle male gamers' sexual fantasies is ending - and rightly so. You can kick and scream all you'd like, but if we want to see gaming being taken seriously as an artistic medium, we must accept that these stories will approach real-life issues, and that may require a more mature view on the world, in general. It is imperative that the gaming community embraces its LGBTQ members, and accepts the fact that their representation in these games matters, because they are very much a part of this world and equal to their heterosexual or cis-gender neighbors. It's time to grow up and understand that life is rarely painted in terms of black and white, and that what makes us human is a complex spectrum.

That being said, while I found the Panam romance to be endearing, and that her character was very easily likeable, I didn't get the same feeling of bonding between Male V and Panam as I did Male V and Judy. I have a feeling this is because you are present for some seriously traumatic shit in Judy's life, whereas it's not quite the same with Panam. Yes, Panam does watch some of her Clan die, but it doesn't feel as personal as walking in on a post-suicide scene with just you and Judy or rescuing Evelyn from a literal Hell on earth basement full of rapists and murderers.

I do wish they had fleshed out the romance with Panam a little further. I also agree that having more romance options could be great, especially if they're done at the same quality that Judy and Panam's stories were. I even don't think having more Joytoys is such a terrible thing, given the setting and society our story is taking place in. Lastly, I'm all for additional interactions between your V's love interest being included in further updates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom