Must haves for the DLC/Huge Patch January/March for Panam, Judy, River

+
Why does anyone even care about relationships in a game? Seriously, I'd rather see vendors with a UI that didn't come straight out of the late 90s, world interactions and mini games, factional awareness in the AI, cops not teleporting in randomly, proper driving AI similar to GTA5, car customization, apartment customization, the trains put into the game, a fix for first person driving and POV the camera is mounted between your collar bones and needs raised quite a bit to be eye level. Yet Judy being a lesbian is at the very bottom of the pile as far as I am concerned. There are way more pressing issues than "I can't get Judy naked... herpdy fucking derpidy".
There are bad game design choices everywhere in this game, and yet all we can worry about is Judy not being into men. Yes I understand she is far better than Panam in every way. Panam is a immature hot head, and her personality makes me not care about her at all. Judy is probably my favorite character in game, yet I care more about the fact that a tech weapon round happens to go through a wall in a firefight and pegs a pedestrian I now have cops that trained with Goku to learn instant transmission technique. I care way WAY WAY more about the GIANT freaking plot hole where the biochip can change your DNA into Johnny's because of the engram, yet another chip with your own can't fix it. The minuscule interaction with Jackie, the utter lack of a 3rd person camera, no warnings in the UI attached to iconic weapons when disassembling, the micromap that needs to be zoomed out another 6-7 more steps while driving, the fact that life paths do nothing and that 98% off all dialog lines in the game have absolutely NO effect on mission outcomes.
The DLC needs to deliver at least a TINY grain of what was promised by CDPR as a token of good faith and not just have it be some fluff shit like another witcher themed cosmetic for your in game character you will never see unless you are on motor cycle.

Last edited:
Why does anyone even care about relationships in a game? Seriously, I'd rather see vendors with a UI that didn't come straight out of the late 90s, world interactions and mini games, factional awareness in the AI, cops not teleporting in randomly, proper driving AI similar to GTA5, car customization, apartment customization, the trains put into the game, a fix for first person driving and POV the camera is mounted between your collar bones and needs raised quite a bit to be eye level. Yet Judy being a lesbian is at the very bottom of the pile as far as I am concerned. There are way more pressing issues than "I can't get Judy naked... herpdy fucking derpidy".
There are bad game design choices everywhere in this game, and yet all we can worry about is Judy not being into men. Yes I understand she is far better than Panam in every way. Panam is a immature hot head, and her personality makes me not care about her at all. Judy is probably my favorite character in game, yet I care more about the fact that a tech weapon round happens to go through a wall in a firefight and pegs a pedestrian I now have cops that trained with Goku to learn instant transmission technique. I care way WAY WAY more about the GIANT freaking plot hole where the biochip can change your DNA into Johnny's because of the engram, yet another chip with your own can't fix it. The minuscule interaction with Jackie, the utter lack of a 3rd person camera, no warnings in the UI attached to iconic weapons when disassembling, the micromap that needs to be zoomed out another 6-7 more steps while driving, the fact that life paths do nothing and that 98% off all dialog lines in the game have absolutely NO effect on mission outcomes.
The DLC needs to deliver at least a TINY grain of what was promised by CDPR as a token of good faith and not just have it be some fluff shit like another witcher themed cosmetic for your in game character you will never see unless you are on motor cycle.
Because people like the characters? It also adds a lot to the dynamic of the story. I am not actually suprised people like the sidestories more than the main story.

There are some well written characters in this game and people just want to see more of them.

Because people like the characters? It also adds a lot to the dynamic of the story. I am not actually suprised people like the sidestories more than the main story.

There are some well written characters in this game and people just want to see more of them.

I'm sure someone will mod it eventually, until then I'd rather see them fix all the other stuff that is busted, outdated, or is just the result of laziness like disappearing pedestrians, placeholder NPCs, horrid UI, bad physics, teleporting police officers and brain dead AI.

It is not the same to want your male character to discover more about her than to want to change her sexuality.

[QUOTE = "Noah_Egges, publicación: 12620981, miembro: 4525619"]
¿Porque a la gente le gustan los personajes? También agrega mucho a la dinámica de la historia. En realidad, no me sorprende que a la gente le gusten más las historias secundarias que la historia principal.

Hay algunos personajes bien escritos en este juego y la gente solo quiere ver más de ellos.
[/CITAR]
No es lo mismo querer que tu personaje masculino descubra más sobre ella que querer cambiar su sexualidad.

It is not the same to want your male character to discover more about her than to want to change her sexuality.
I am talking purely about expanding the current Romance stories tho. Said nothing about changing sexuality.

Why do so many other topics care about all the improvements and gripes you listed? And while they do, why would it be out of place for some threads to care about the romance aspects of the game and characters involved in it?
Kinda feels like going to a football game and telling people around you that they should cheer for a basketball team. Its the simple topic of the thread. And really nothing weird about it.

Many of us are aware of the bugs and issues, missing features and loads of ways of making things better. But we will not go list those out just to start talking about the one most important aspect to us, which are the characters, relationships and their impact and quality. For most of us it is the entire driving force atm in Cyberpunk 2077, far more memorable than any car customization or UI improvements could be. That doesn't mean we don't want those too. It just means we limit our focus on the things we wish to stay on top of the list of discussions for sake of transparency and so the team knows its very important to us. Furthermore, many of us feel its pointless to hammer on what will be said anyways in vast majority of YouTube videos, tweets, reddit posts and in this forum. You are there to represent these points in other topics that focus on it on the forum and more power to you in doing so.
Bugs, UI, QOL, missing features, trust me all of them are first in line on the list for implementation for the devs. But we want to show that we won't accept character development and romance quality to be pushed on the wayside because of other issues.

I apologize to OP since my post is not directly involved with discussing DLC, I feel it had to be said, and it will be repeated many times probably still, why this topic is important to us. We are aware at this point we can't avoid the ever wise and endlessly insightful comments like This isn't a dating sim....

Last edited:
Why do so many other topics care about all the improvements and gripes you listed? And while they do, why would it be out of place for some threads to care about the romance aspects of the game and characters involved in it?
Kinda feels like going to a football game and telling people around you that they should cheer for a basketball team. Its the simple topic of the thread. And really nothing weird about it.

Many of us are aware of the bugs and issues, missing features and loads of ways of making things better. But we will not go list those out just to start talking about the one most important aspect to us, which are the characters, relationships and their impact and quality. For most of us it is the entire driving force atm in Cyberpunk 2077, far more memorable than any car customization or UI improvements could be. That doesn't mean we don't want those too. It just means we limit our focus on the things we wish to stay on top of the list of discussions for sake of transparency and so the team knows its very important to us. Furthermore, many of us feel its pointless to hammer on what will be said anyways in vast majority of YouTube videos, tweets, reddit posts and in this forum. You are there to represent these points in other topics that focus on it on the forum and more power to you in doing so.
Bugs, UI, QOL, missing features, trust me all of them are first in line on the list for implementation for the devs. But we want to show that we won't accept character development and romance quality to be pushed on the wayside because of other issues.

I apologize to OP since my post is not directly involved with discussing DLC, I feel it had to be said, and it will be repeated many times probably still, why this topic is important to us. We are aware at this point we can't avoid the ever wise and endlessly insightful comments like This isn't a dating sim....

Point is the one likable character is the game is a lesbian and every gamebro and his reject friends are bent because they can't dick her down. "Make her bi" is like saying send her to one of those "conversion therapy" camps so I can bang her, and if you don't I am going to have a internet riot with me and my 700000 other friends who don't comprehend static sexuality, and binary gender preference. She is a lesbian, she is likeable, relatable, and attractive, but SHE IS A LESBIAN. So get over it and move on. Not like relationships in the game mean anything anyway, after a cut scene all it adds is 1 dialog line to them. 1. Only 1. You can't go on dates, your interaction with them consists of phone call or one convo with the same 2-3 dialog lines. You can't even request backup on a mission, or for a ride somewhere. Just another example of the braindead AI and lazy programming that is this game.
A Free DLC? Gauging from CDPR track record it'll be armor, 1 or 2 bug fixes or a weapon. They screwed the pooch so bad that expecting them to flesh out NPC interactions or relationship systems with the first DLC release is pretty dumb. It wont happen. Odds are it will never happen. So focus more on pressuring them to fix things in the game that actually matter first then worry about the fluff like can you bone a npc.

Last edited:
Point is the one likable character is the game is a lesbian and every gamebro and his reject friends are bent because they can't dick her down. "Make her bi" is like saying send her to one of those "conversion therapy" camps so I can bang her, and if you don't I am going to have a internet riot with me and my 700000 other friends who don't comprehend static sexuality, and binary gender preference. She is a lesbian, she is likeable, relatable, and attractive, but SHE IS A LESBIAN. So get over it and move on. Not like relationships in the game mean anything anyway, after a cut scene all it adds is 1 dialog line to them. 1. Only 1. You can't go on dates, your interaction with them consists of phone call or one convo with the same 2-3 dialog lines. You can't even request backup on a mission, or for a ride somewhere. Just another example of the braindead AI and lazy programming that is this game.
A Free DLC? Gauging from CDPR track record it'll be armor, 1 or 2 bug fixes or a weapon. They screwed the pooch so bad that expecting them to flesh out NPC interactions or relationship systems with the first DLC release is pretty dumb. It wont happen. Odds are it will never happen. So focus more on pressuring them to fix things in the game that actually matter first then worry about the fluff like can you bone a npc.
At what point did I argue about Judy being anything else but who she is, or any other character for that matter? At what point did I address your point in any positive light that would support the strawman argument that you seem to project onto people that are invested in relationships in Cyberpunk? And I call it a strawman argument since I never argued for such a point. And as if somehow the only topic at hand here we discuss is changing characters sexuality. Your first paragraph is a rant that is misplaced, you are talking to someone else and telling them to move on, sorry that isn't me.

I get that you are passioned about that particular topic but seem annoyed by people pushing that single issue in regards to it. Many of us are annoyed of it too so we ignore it and argue our points for a better more meaningful relationship and more time with the characters we care for. Ofc that means more interactions and dialogue. I've read all the threads I can on it and I've written an extensive one on it as well. Since its the single most important thing to me personally and I know where I place my time. I don't need to join the army of others that already will call for fixes in bugs or missing features etc. These things are obvious and all the birds on every tree already sing about it.

The point I made in my first response was specifically addressing your sentiment that you again seem to hammer down in your last paragraph. And that is that it's out of place to care about relationships, and at this point pointless to push for their improvement is misplaced time and lastly telling me where my focus should lie. I think I answered such a sentiment already in the first post in the 3nd sentence. This thread allowed itself to talk about the DLC expansions for the existing relationships and that is the point of it. It has a right to exist as does any thread that pushes for bug fixes and missing features. If you want my take on those however I'll tell it simple: bug fixes and missing feature inclusions as well as QOL improvements shouldn't be DLC, those should be a common courtesy on part of the CDPR team. Past that, DLC has every right to include more Judy, Panam, River and Kerry. And people have a right to ask for it and share ideas on it.

And lastly here are my points on relationships as I mentioned in 2nd paragraph here:

At what point did I argue about Judy being anything else but who she is, or any other character for that matter? At what point did I address your point in any positive light that would support the strawman argument that you seem to project onto people that are invested in relationships in Cyberpunk? And I call it a strawman argument since I never argued for such a point. And as if somehow the only topic at hand here we discuss is changing characters sexuality. Your first paragraph is a rant that is misplaced, you are talking to someone else and telling them to move on, sorry that isn't me.

I get that you are passioned about that particular topic but seem annoyed by people pushing that single issue in regards to it. Many of us are annoyed of it too so we ignore it and argue our points for a better more meaningful relationship and more time with the characters we care for. Ofc that means more interactions and dialogue. I've read all the threads I can on it and I've written an extensive one on it as well. Since its the single most important thing to me personally and I know where I place my time. I don't need to join the army of others that already will call for fixes in bugs or missing features etc. These things are obvious and all the birds on every tree already sing about it.

The point I made in my first response was specifically addressing your sentiment that you again seem to hammer down in your last paragraph. And that is that it's out of place to care about relationships, and at this point pointless to push for their improvement is misplaced time and lastly telling me where my focus should lie. I think I answered such a sentiment already in the first post in the 3nd sentence. This thread allowed itself to talk about the DLC expansions for the existing relationships and that is the point of it. It has a right to exist as does any thread that pushes for bug fixes and missing features. If you want my take on those however I'll tell it simple: bug fixes and missing feature inclusions as well as QOL improvements shouldn't be DLC, those should be a common courtesy on part of the CDPR team. Past that, DLC has every right to include more Judy, Panam, River and Kerry. And people have a right to ask for it and share ideas on it.

And lastly here are my points on relationships as I mentioned in 2nd paragraph here:

I am extremely annoyed by the fact that people are so focused on the relationships in game when we have so many other things in the game that are just bad. Yes would it be nice to have a actual relationship in game other than it starting and ending at the same time. Hell yes it would be, but it would be nicer IMO to have cars that didn't just spawn in in front of you, crowds that vanish as soon as you look away from them, perks in skill trees that you could actually use instead of "20% damage reduction to human shield" when you can't use one if not stealthed and can't fight back when using one, a first person camera when inside of cars that didn't feel like it was mounted in the middle of your chest, T posing enemies etc. Should the systems like relationships been more fleshed out? Yes. In fact every aspect of the game should have been. So yes I am annoyed by the thought of a DLC just dedicated to a relationship system before fixing basic things like UI bug me a lot more than they should.

[Edited -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is friendly reminder number one (...of probably one...) that we're not here to talk about our opinion of other people's opinions. Get back to the topic of the post.

If you want to discuss a particular thing, have at it. If you don't, post about something else instead.

If none of that is to your liking, simply find another discussion.

There are to be no more posts from anyone about what is "not worthy" of consideration.

Addendum (and separate issue):

Discussion of real-world gender / sexuality issues and political stances are off limits for the public boards. The discussion needs to remain on the game and how the issues affect the characters. I know that can be tricky, but don't let it bridge into, "...but in real life, I think..."

And let's not start getting too personal, overall. Primary focus: game. Talk about the game.

Honestly the ratio of girls wishing panam was bi vs guys wishing Judy was bi is super telling lmao

entitlement off the charts

edit: ok I think mod posted the above comment as I was typing this up so I hear ya and im done lol

I don't know if it's cut content or not, but apparently there are lines in the game if activated by console command that lets male V romance Judy

[...]

I'll say it again, I truly enjoyed my playthrough. As long as you have quests remaining (side jobs or main, even some gigs) your first playthrough will be awesome! Once the really good jobs are done, so is the game also.

There are many more important things missing in the game...
I'd like to have some consequences for killing hundreds of the Maelstormers for example. Random hitmen for example? ALSO how isn't every single mercenary in Night City actively looking for V after the Heist, or atleast Arasaka mercs? (like V is in the corpo intro) Is V the only person with retinal scan in Night City?

I also really thought Meredith Stout would be seen more later on, I really thought a Militech contact would actually be helpful later on. Instead we get to bang her once... And she's not the only NPC where your kind of left waiting for more stuff to happen and then to be disappointed.

Car chase with cops would be nice too, seeing the cops arrive in vehicles instead of just popping there would be huge.

Anyway, this is just my opinion. Have a good 2021 and let's hope we get the improvements CDPR promised!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom