My 2 cents on the MM meta thus far (rank 3)

+

Guest 4404014

hi, i am new to the forums, i just wanna say from a newbie perspective is that SK's most troublesome combo comes from the Pirate which repeatedly damage units with boost until damaged. That card wrecks all and any of my decks especially tall decks, which i think needs to come back more :D

That's Morkvarg. And Greatsword/Dagur can leech all those points. But that is not a new thing. What really wrecked SK is what the new cards brought to this already overpowered table.

Going tall is not a good idea. But neither is going wide (especially if they held on to Wild Boar, but also Hemdall). Nothing really works vs. SK. It's busted.

But many SK decks in ranked got so cocky they don't even use Gremist (purify) anymore, just go all out with Donar or something. And most of them dropped Hammond (movement) because of the provision nerf. So, defender can work. "Work." As in "maybe work if they don't draw their golds and you draw all of yours."

Guest 4404014

Donar doesn’t seem that great. What am I missing?

I also don't like conditional removal you can't use for full value in the first few turns, and I prefer my trusty Gremist (especially vs. mirrors with Turggvi and locks from NG). But Donar is used a lot. That extra removal value gives a deck even more flexibility. And even without bloodlust, it's still 7 for 7. Plus it's fully tutorable with Eagle. Eagle already guarantees one bloodlust on an unboosted unit, so it's like 6 removal with only 1 bloodlust condition. And Skjordal is not fully tutorable anymore. And ofc it's a warrior so +1 to Harald, +1 to Blacksmith.

This is another card that on its own doesn't look impressive but is kinda broken in how it can contribute to the package.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom