My audio seems broken after the most recent ray tracing update

+
I'm running a GeForce RTX 3060 with 16 gigs of RAM and although I haven't played Cyberpunk in a month or so until yesterday when I updated it to the new ray tracing overdrive update, I noticed that my audio had a lot of static sound in it and wasn't clear and clean like it used to be. I've unplugged my headset and plugged it back in, same results. I've restarted my computer, same results. I've restarted the game, same results. I turned off ray tracing entirely in the game, same results. The other night when I updated it, I was going to stream it to some friends over Discord and that's when I first noticed the sound issues, but I figured it must have been that my connection was being strained. But it's doing the same thing when I don't stream the video. It's really frustrating. I love this game and was really looking forward to playing it again, but the sound issue makes it way less enjoyable.

Also, depending on the headset and software used in conjunction, make sure the options are set up appropriately to how you remember them. For myself, whenever I update my NVidia Drivers through GeForce Experience it always messes with the audio output, assigning my monitors speakers in place of the headset so I need to fix it every time. Likewise the software (this is all SteelSeries) creates a virtual copy of the headset for playing through, so that might be an issue if I ever tried switching that at all. Past that, just review your windows sound settings.
I know it’s a long shot any of this applies or even helps, I’m just throwing it out to see if it gets other thoughts popping. Good luck, it can get infuriating dealing with what should be simple fixes that suddenly become so arcane.

Guest 4561861

I assume you have the latest drivers from Nvidia?

I appreciate all the help from everyone on here. It turns out that the problem was really simple. Under my PC's audio settings, it was set to my Hyper X headphones but as soon as I set it to "Speakers Hyper X". I'll have to see if I can still use my mic on Discord while playing, but at least the static audio problem is gone.

Guest 4561861

Thanks for reporting the fix. That helps people searching the same issue.

Top Bottom