My beef with the story

+

Crudeo

Forum regular
After approaching the 200h mark, playing, replaying, testing, exploring and talking the game apart I can say, the game is mislabeled and misleading.

If I would ask you, as CDPR what is the CP2077 I have got the answer: "It's about you, your V and your experience!"

But that's wrong.

It's about the time that Silverhand got stuck in the head of a merc.

That's the main story.

Even side missions directly or indirectly are commented by Johnny.

I enjoyed the 3-5 side missions where your Rep did something, but for the most time you are just the cart from a rollercoaster called Cyberpunk 2077.

And honestly, how the game turned out I wish the devs would have made a clear decision.

Tell the story of Silverhand stuck in a Mercs brain or let it be an open RPG in the setting of Cyberpunk, Night City.

Because if we would play as the Merc, we could cut the life paths, make one linear good story with some easter eggs and side missions to fill in the gaps and done. Good game. Not what I wanted. But if this is what someone wants, go for it.

I personally wanted an open Roleplay Game. Where I can play my personalized persona called V.
I want a game where my actions matter and have lasting, world changing consequences.

If I fuck someone over, a gang, they will have beef with me, until I am dead, they are dead or we all come to a truce. We have one such side mission ffs.

I think...they left the beginning inside the game, because it was done years ago, they had the assets and there were some promise made.

But now we have a game, Johnny's trip with V, and the rest is more or like "technical".

I would love for CDPR to speak up and explain what has happen. Why they changed and blindsided us much.

Not for revenge or liability, but for my peace of mind.

I just want to understand.

Btw, there are no 3th person clips of V because the game doesn't render your head.

That's also the reason that your shadow is so silky looking and never displays any big hats.

It was RPG but then CDP landed Keanu Reeves, and have to rebuild a game around him, which made the game linear.

Crudeo

Forum regular
Cyberpunk 2077 : The Ballad Of Johnny Silverhand

A Cyberpunk Silverhand Action Adventure.
Amazing Title!

Personally I am more into Shadowrun, but if I grew up with CP2020 I would definitely play the game and would have an amazing time.

Could play as/with my idol and even be a little Character myself!

Would be cool for a CP2020 fan.

After approaching the 200h mark, playing, replaying, testing, exploring and talking the game apart I can say, the game is mislabeled and misleading.

If I would ask you, as CDPR what is the CP2077 I have got the answer: "It's about you, your V and your experience!"

But that's wrong.

That's the main story.

I enjoyed the 3-5 side missions where your Rep did something, but for the most time you are just the cart from a rollercoaster called Cyberpunk 2077.

And honestly, how the game turned out I wish the devs would have made a clear decision.

Tell the story of Silverhand stuck in a Mercs brain or let it be an open RPG in the setting of Cyberpunk, Night City.

Because if we would play as the Merc, we could cut the life paths, make one linear good story with some easter eggs and side missions to fill in the gaps and done. Good game. Not what I wanted. But if this is what someone wants, go for it.

I personally wanted an open Roleplay Game. Where I can play my personalized persona called V.
I want a game where my actions matter and have lasting, world changing consequences.

If I fuck someone over, a gang, they will have beef with me, until I am dead, they are dead or we all come to a truce. We have one such side mission ffs.

I think...they left the beginning inside the game, because it was done years ago, they had the assets and there were some promise made.

But now we have a game, Johnny's trip with V, and the rest is more or like "technical".

I would love for CDPR to speak up and explain what has happen. Why they changed and blindsided us much.

Btw, there are no 3th person clips of V because the game doesn't render your head.

That's also the reason that your shadow is so silky looking and never displays any big hats.
The game was rewritten (they expanded his role) to be about johnny silverhand
Changing the game from 3rd person to first places added barrier to connecting with your V - who is dying/dead at the end.
Nearly every side quest is about Johnny once the chip is reaping V's body and mind. It's the story of Johnnys redemption and closure. Not V's sadly.

Its why the game wont let you go beyond starting area until he chip is reaping V's body - the game and story isnt about V.

Icinix

Forum veteran
Amazing Title!

Personally I am more into Shadowrun, but if I grew up with CP2020 I would definitely play the game and would have an amazing time.

Could play as/with my idol and even be a little Character myself!

Would be cool for a CP2020 fan.
100%

The story is cool, the characters are cool, the themes and morality are cool.

....just...not in an RPG about forging your character and their relationships. This cool story and character slams the breaks hard on your character, your relationships, and your story.

But that's wrong.

That's the main story.

Honestly I want to hear from Mike Pondsmith since supposedly he was heavily involved. He seems like an honest person. Maybe he will be transparent on what seems like many rewrites to yes the ballad of johnny silverhand or maybe even have him give us his general review of the game as well? I think that would be an interesting video. The creator's opinion would be cool. Re reading this I realized it sorta sounds sarcastic, but no seriously I feel like he could be the person to give us some info.

It was RPG but then CDP landed Keanu Reeves, and have to rebuild a game around him, which made the game linear.

I wish you are wrong and they just made a mistake. Wish.

I personally wish that they had a cool concept, then had to finish TW3 had some intern management shenanigans and ended up crunching for over a year to shit out this little mess.

Due to the stress and time restrictions...for whatever reason, maybe the manager needs new shoes? They had to publish.

You, can clearly see through the entire game that more was planned and then scrapped at the last moment. You find textures not polished, despite other maps are almost handcrafted perfection.

Many things that they were even talking about in November got totally scrapped. (Car trailer).

They had to have something at that point, because the game was already delayed and why would you promote new features of they aren't in the final game?

Something terrible must have happen in the meanwhile...

But well...in the end I just wish...

Top Bottom