My biggest annoyance with combat

+
My biggest annoyance with combat

When you attack an enemy with a fast attack FIRST but they just instantly hit you while in the animation.

Take wolves for example... I'll be holding block, wolf attacks, I block or dodge then go for a counter attack. Why did they build a system where Geralt does a kart wheel into a back flip into a hand stand before the attack actually lands. The wolf literally bites me in a millisecond using a REALLY quick animation. Am I missing something here? This adds a layer of luck involved in combat where even if you attack first you can still be hit by their ridiculously fast attacks.

This isn't just with wolves. I have seen many enemies like humans and nekkars do instant attack animations while I was in the middle of my second pirouette. It's not even an attack pattern issue, it's a "I hope when I attack this time he doesn't just flick his wrist and hit me in mid attack" issue.

If I attack first, I want to hit first... unless it's part of the enemies attack pattern where they do a certain attack that involves multiple, delayed hits. Not get hit by some cheap lightning quick arm movement by random thug#465.

Hit dodge?

I've never had to block a wolf on death march. Infact the only time i block is to counter humans.

I'm guessing because Geralt as a trained swordsman uses his body to deliver the full blow, his acrobatics increasing the power and precision of his attack.

looking at what i'm attacking usually allows me to see whether attacking is a good idea. I thought that the attack animations were pretty good and you can just dodge out of it and then fast attack.

I've noticed that certain human enemies can chain attack me with a sword, striking pretty quick and for a lot of damage but then it was death march and I'm in light armor.

If I've ever attacked an enemy and it has attacked me at the same time either we both take damage or one of us hits first and the other staggers and I'd say its been more likely I've hit first.

If i were to initiate the attack the only time I've noticed that i can be hit mid attack is with the strong attack.

Top Bottom