My biggest bother of this game [Spoilers]

+
Pawel Sasko hinted during one of his streams that one of the endings is cannon for the studio. He was asked by the chat which one and he said something like "There is a ending we prefer but we're not ready to talk about that yet"

So there must be a plan like TW3 for dlc or sequel narrative.

I assume this is meant to say a game with a compelling narrative offering meaningful choices/consequences and branching is unrealistic. Let alone one using voice-overs, motion capture, etc. The reason I don't agree with this is because I've played a number of games incorporating both. None of them had garbage tier graphics either.

In fact, sections of CP provide both. The Pickup immediately comes to mind because the quest has meaningful choices/consequences and branching. As soon as I recognized it for what it was offering it was exciting. I thought this is a good quest. I sure hope the rest of the game plays out this way. Unfortunately the majority of the rest of the game didn't play out that way.

It's difficult to hold back disappointment when you see part of game done extremely well, and providing exactly what you were hoping, then see the rest fail to deliver the same level of quality. The fact this one section of content did so tells you it's possible. It places on full display the potential of the people putting it together. The rest of the content being as it is tells you they either didn't have the time or didn't care to build it up to the same standard.
My thoughts exactly. Plus having read testemonies about the game development, the stages at which it rebooted, it is a fair critissism to point out resources should have been alocated for more story content (branches). So if this final version of the game took 2-3 years of hard development one more year should be enough to add this content (or having started on this final version of the game one year before).
Pawel Sazco explained this on his chat. That with what they learned and having the systems and assets created it is much faster now to add content. The Red 2.0 concept also seems to accept the criticizm at their development practices and aims to correct them.
So I agree, they have the talent and resources to create branching narratives as in the pickup but didn't implement it on this title. And as Restlessdingo points out the beggining of the game suggests this will be the case, also with Evelyn asking us to cross Dex, (...) I felt like a detective merc that needed to pay atention to body language and text subtleties (and I do pay attention to enjoy the story more) in order to make the best "people choices", and that this would be an incredible game to replay. But as the game plays out these things matter less and less and we can see through the bluff/lack of implementation.

What I expected first time playing CP was that, there was actually a timer of the thing in my head so maybe I only had so and so many days before I would die, but no it's just for show and not real.

There is a system like this in Final Fantasy 13 - Lightning Returns where u just have 13 days to complete the game... the pressure is high to get quests and optional items/etc. in time cause the clock is ticking and ticking.... if u dont play with a guide you surely miss half of the content because you feel the need to rush the game to stay in time... not much fun at least for me. It strongly fights the exploring and grinding character of the RPG genre in general. As for Cyperbunk that even wouldnt work at all... cause noone really knows if we die in the end or not... the storywriting itself caused the problem... the you "gonna die" component just doesnt fit.... one of my Vs lifed for years yet alone skipping time for vendors rng clothes....

There is no way to make this story-element even close to believable.... nor a system which would make it better in anyway without rewritting the whole storyplot imo.

Pawel Sasko hinted during one of his streams that one of the endings is cannon for the studio. He was asked by the chat which one and he said something like "There is a ending we prefer but we're not ready to talk about that yet"

So there must be a plan like TW3 for dlc or sequel narrative.
If so, while I'd be sad to see my personal "canon" ending lost, I think it's the right direction for any major expansion they might make.

It's hard to see how they can give V this immense, unresolved story arc and then say "but for the DLC we're just going to concentrate on something that -- almost by definition -- is completely trivial by comparison that happened before the endings".

Top Bottom