My biggest complaint since 1.23

+

XianeX

Forum regular
They patched out some of the original audio in the game. I honestly miss the original Orgiatic advertisement audio. It was funnier than the newer ones! I have NO idea why they would remove content rather than just keep adding it. Considering that most of the patches before 9.14.21 were all like 50gb a piece.

PUT IT BACK! LMFAO!!!!

I don't know for english version, but in 1.3 in french, all the ads were translated (and not replaced/modified).
If you count all the available languages, it represent a good amount of work :)

Last edited:

XianeX

Forum regular
In the US English version, they replaced it and added an additional one that I think is in Japanese. The advertisement is so auspicious and obnoxious that it was hard not to notice its absence.

In the US English version, they replaced it and added an additional one that I think is in Japanese. The advertisement is so auspicious and obnoxious that it was hard not to notice its absence.
Yes, I was used to hear ads in English and it seemed weird to hear them in French when 1.3 came out (they were better in english if you ask me). But I don't even pay attention to them now :)
(for those who really don't understand english, I suppose it's way better now^^)

XianeX

Forum regular
C'est vrai! :p:ROFLMAO:
Speaking of/in French, what I think would be really interesting is if CDPR picked up Enki Bilal's Immortel Ad Vitam and make a game out of that world. I'm pretty sure that they can do a better version of Nikopol.

Yes, I was used to hear ads in English and it seemed weird to hear them in French when 1.3 came out (they were better in english if you ask me). But I don't even pay attention to them now :)
(for those who really don't understand english, I suppose it's way better now^^)
Don't you hear them in English when you select the English language?

They patched out some of the original audio in the game. I honestly miss the original Orgiatic advertisement audio. It was funnier than the newer ones! I have NO idea why they would remove content rather than just keep adding it. Considering that most of the patches before 9.14.21 were all like 50gb a piece.

PUT IT BACK! LMFAO!!!!
Please god no keep the new one and burn the old one. It was unbearable.

ROFLMMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was AWESOME!
Please god no keep the new one and burn the old one. It was unbearable.
Post automatically merged:

@LeKill3rFou I noticed how you jumped right past my mention of Nikopol and Enki Bilal. That's French Culture. I'm in awe that you didn't give any indication that you're aware of it. Depending on how one looks at the story, Nikopol and V are similar. V with Johnny in his head, Nikopol with Horus in his. Panam and/or Judy are adequate parallels for the blue woman. Bleu? *shrugs* Excuse my French LMFAO!

Even more interesting is that the Blue woman had a guy named John as her retainer of sorts. Rather, woman with the blue "hair?" LOL

1641478690873.png

There are several parallels and twists on the theme of Nikopol and Johnny Silverhand. Ironically, I've yet to find an easter egg to suggest that this movie and the illustrated novel had any influence on Cyberpunk 2077. I think the most interesting easter egg that I've found was Iria and Zeiram. It's easy to give a lot of credit to Ghost In The Shell, but obviously, the developers were pretty eclectic in their cultural references.

What I expected from Holt. And, he's a pretty good fit for holt as well!
1641479718412.png

Last edited:

PUT IT BACK! LMFAO!!!!
They changed some of the actors in regards to the commercials, I think it was that big update maybe. Orgiatic was perfect beforehand! His delivery made me smile every time I heard it. I also prefered the old Mr. Whitey commmerical voice. Idk, he sounded shifty, his voice just suited the product better, to me. I noticed Vargas changed, and the ad for Watson Whore. I wonder why they did that.

They changed some of the actors in regards to the commercials, I think it was that big update maybe. Orgiatic was perfect beforehand! His delivery made me smile every time I heard it. I also prefered the old Mr. Whitey commmerical voice. Idk, he sounded shifty, his voice just suited the product better, to me. I noticed Vargas changed, and the ad for Watson Whore. I wonder why they did that.
Same. I've lowkey been bummed about the change ever since it happened. Like... why was this necessary? They were really good before.

Why I would select english language ?
I'm french, so obviously I play in french :)
Before 1.3, ads were in english even in french version (in english whatever the version, I suppose)

This is not obvious at all. In my opinion, everything should be consumed in its original language. Subtitle if need be. I am french and I would never put an english media in french.

This is not obvious at all. In my opinion, everything should be consumed in its original language. Subtitle if need be. I am french and I would never put an english media in french.
If you want ;)
But Cyberpunk as all CDPR games, english is not the original version/language. English is like French, Japanese, Spanish, Russian or others, it's a translation. So if you don't want a "translation" but rather the true original version/language, you have to play their games in Polish :)

Same. I've lowkey been bummed about the change ever since it happened. Like... why was this necessary? They were really good before.
Part of the problem with it is that it's funny the first two or three times. But after a hundred hours or more, like a real ad in real life, it just gets really wearing because it's so incredibly loud and intrusive (the orgiatic advert specifically).

You're stealthing a mission and suddenly it screams "orgiatic". You walk into a bar and characters are talking and suddenly you can't hear what they're saying because "orgiatic". Like, FFS, just *SHUT UP*. It doesn't help that it's so absurdly juvenile.

It may be true to life, but I don't want to be ground down by horribly intrusive irritations in a computer game. A computer game is supposed to be an escape, not an unpleasant chore.

And it's that ad specifically that was a real problem because the levels were completely different from other ads -- combined with the actor's crazily OTT delivery from quiet all the way up to screaming, it was at least half as loud again if not twice as loud as any other ad.

I had the same problem with Jackie's screaming during the heist. The levels weren't balanced and he was shouting. My priorities shifted to wanting to shoot Jackie and dismember him so that he'd just shut up. That, and Roach Race.

Last edited:
And it's that ad specifically that was a real problem because the levels were completely different from other ads -- combined with the actor's crazily OTT delivery from quiet all the way up to screaming, it was at least half as loud again if not twice as loud as any other ad.
Okay, but that doesn't require completely replacing the audio.

Okay, but that doesn't require completely replacing the audio.
My guess : the "original" ads should have been replaced before the release of the game, but due to lack of time (or they were not finished), all were replaced afterwards in all languages (as a "ads pack" in the language folder). So the original version of ads was some sort of pre-release version, that in theory we should never have had/listen :)

C'est vrai! :p:ROFLMAO:
Speaking of/in French, what I think would be really interesting is if CDPR picked up Enki Bilal's Immortel Ad Vitam and make a game out of that world. I'm pretty sure that they can do a better version of Nikopol.

ROFLMMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was AWESOME!

@LeKill3rFou I noticed how you jumped right past my mention of Nikopol and Enki Bilal. That's French Culture. I'm in awe that you didn't give any indication that you're aware of it. Depending on how one looks at the story, Nikopol and V are similar. V with Johnny in his head, Nikopol with Horus in his. Panam and/or Judy are adequate parallels for the blue woman. Bleu? *shrugs* Excuse my French LMFAO!

Even more interesting is that the Blue woman had a guy named John as her retainer of sorts. Rather, woman with the blue "hair?" LOL

View attachment 11272627

There are several parallels and twists on the theme of Nikopol and Johnny Silverhand. Ironically, I've yet to find an easter egg to suggest that this movie and the illustrated novel had any influence on Cyberpunk 2077. I think the most interesting easter egg that I've found was Iria and Zeiram. It's easy to give a lot of credit to Ghost In The Shell, but obviously, the developers were pretty eclectic in their cultural references.

What I expected from Holt. And, he's a pretty good fit for holt as well!
View attachment 11272633
This Ad Vitam is the same of which they made a miniseries in 2018, right? I just started watching it

PUT IT BACK! LMFAO!!!!
I don't like when they add with one hand and take/change with the other either, it's a very George Lucas thing to do :coolstory:

Top Bottom