My biggest problems with CP2077 right now (PC)

+
Hey so after Patch 1.2 I thought reinstalling and check back into the game would be a good idea.

However I noticed that somehow my gaming experience changed to the worse because of the following things I noticed:

- Ryzen 9 3900X CPU + 32 GB Ram + RTX 2070 Super, graphics on medium with Raytracing only for reflexions and DLSS 2.0 on quality but the frames are still dropping from 90 to 40 depending which area im currently in. With such a hardware the overall game performance is ridiculous and is sometimes really annoying. I actually thought patch 1.2 would boost the performance.

- The open world feels empty. This is something that is actually the worst that can happen to an open world rpg since those games exist to simulate a living, dynamic open world. It feels like since patch 1.2 there are less people on the streets (and yes they still despawn when passing you). I tried changing the crowd popularity to high from medium but it didnt change a thing. I went to the city center to check if it really depends on the area Im in but even in such areas where one would think there are tons of people there are almost noone. The fact that we have brainless NPCs walking up and down the streets if we finally see any of them makes it even worse. Immersion is broken and compared to the witcher it is really frustrating to see its not even the same level.

- Balancing is the third point of it. Playing on hard difficulty most enemies are easy to kill as a netrunner. I even got mods for more resistance and armor. Yet when having a quest whichs difficulty is suggested as "medium" I talk to 3 cops that beat up a stranger and ended up fighting them to save the stranger. One shot by one of their guns and Im dead. Having legendary mods and clothes, much armor and resistances makes it hard to understand that. How would it be to play the hardest difficulty then? Lol.
Those 3 different side activities also feel like the questionmark grind from witcher 3 except the fact that they have 3 different icons. Same for the fixer quests which are actually the exact same just with some unique targets we have to kill, steal from or kidnap.

Aside of that I just the see huge potential of the game, the awesome voice acting, graphics and good written main/side quests and whish to see a game that is at least on witcher 3 level. I really hope they will get the time to work on major problems with the game but also be able to make it the game they dreamed of.

For now the game is still unenjoyable for me so I will wait for the next big changes.

Guest 3847602

- The open world feels empty. This is something that is actually the worst that can happen to an open world rpg since those games exist to simulate a living, dynamic open world. It feels like since patch 1.2 there are less people on the streets (and yes they still despawn when passing you). I tried changing the crowd popularity to high from medium but it didnt change a thing. I went to the city center to check if it really depends on the area Im in but even in such areas where one would think there are tons of people there are almost noone. The fact that we have brainless NPCs walking up and down the streets if we finally see any of them makes it even worse. Immersion is broken and compared to the witcher it is really frustrating to see its not even the same level.
I've noticed since 1.2 patch is that it takes some time (5-10 seconds) for NPCs to fully spawn even at smaller, closed spaces like Megabuilding H10. It is noticeable, it is distracting, but probably a necessary change to help with optimization. I just hope it's temporary fix.

I've noticed since 1.2 patch is that it takes some time (5-10 seconds) for NPCs to fully spawn even at smaller, closed spaces like Megabuilding H10. It is noticeable, it is distracting, but probably a necessary change to help with optimization. I just hope it's temporary fix.
It ain't temporary fix, i bet. It's for old standard PS4 / XBox units, which lack CPU power to handle peak CPU loads "instant crowd / scenery generation" routines of the game.

From what little i remember about PS4 rather unusual CPU architecture, it got 8 cores but quite a few of those are sort of "always busy" doing behind-the-scenes things, and then at times few more cores get busy with something else than scenery / crowd generation (like physics), and then if in the same time player's field of vision suddenly expands to include areas where any big crowd / new scenery is to be rendered (with all the required textures, meshes, effects), which can happen if you quickly turn or simply go around a corner, etc, - that's it, CPU bottleneck, lags, FPS drops (as GPU _must_ wait for complete data from CPU to render any frame), etc. Possibly even crashes.

i run a Nvidia 2080, the rig was built around my 1080. I have a i5-9600

I started CP77 on my 1080, - performance was not smooth (everything up, no rtx) - for example COD Warzone, pretty smooth for me
second play-through on 1080 upgraded to 2080 part way through - frames the same (everything up, but now I am rtx man)
Second play-through got the patch, and the game feels cleaned up, runs way better (everything up, and Rtx, same settings just betterer)

I noticed the game added some more presets, I would toggle through those, maybe play 10-15 mins on each setting and see how your perforamnce goes. Then look where your biggest difference is between presets and review the settings.

SSLR is a thing I read people disable, and depth of field

If you haven't I would let nvidia optomize your settings automatically
Also are you on an HDD or an SSD? There is a setting for "slow hdd" not sure what it does
I normally play games off an HDD and boot off my SSD, but I did install CP77 to my SSD

i run a Nvidia 2080, the rig was built around my 1080. I have a i5-9600

I started CP77 on my 1080, - performance was not smooth (everything up, no rtx) - for example COD Warzone, pretty smooth for me
second play-through on 1080 upgraded to 2080 part way through - frames the same (everything up, but now I am rtx man)
Second play-through got the patch, and the game feels cleaned up, runs way better (everything up, and Rtx, same settings just betterer)

I noticed the game added some more presets, I would toggle through those, maybe play 10-15 mins on each setting and see how your perforamnce goes. Then look where your biggest difference is between presets and review the settings.

SSLR is a thing I read people disable, and depth of field

If you haven't I would let nvidia optomize your settings automatically
Also are you on an HDD or an SSD? There is a setting for "slow hdd" not sure what it does
I normally play games off an HDD and boot off my SSD, but I did install CP77 to my SSD
Experience tells me to go even higher with settings. ultra rtx and ultra/psycho shadows.

As for open world. could disagree more. I'm noticed numerous improvements to overall immersion. There're completely brand new NPC types, conversations, things added I've never seen or witnessed. 2070 Super here with an i7 so this could be why I'm seeing an improvement while others are getting a downgrade?

Doesn't feel empty to me, but I will acknowledge that they've fixed some bugs but introduced several annoying new ones (persistent vehicle damage, Lizzy firing inconsistently, missing icons on loot, tech weapons sometimes not charging without a game reboot, mods sometimes randomly changing quality when stashed and unstashed, visual bugs with certain gear, etc. are all things I've encountered).

I run CP77 on i7 6820HK and GTX980m, 28-35fps...but I have fun with this game about 350 hours...
The open world feels not so empty...but...
This game needs new kinds of enemies, I thought...

Last edited:
I am getting downed in one shot too. How much armadillo mods I have equipped, don't matter. And it's always by the person with smallest gun in the group. Meantime, all the higher caliber weapons do damage but take a bit to bring my V down. Very annoying.

you run higher and it runs better? interesting i havent tried im new to my card
No. Im going almost full medium but geforce experience tells me to optimize by changing from medium to ultra. so it tells me to even go higher in settings which I guess will end up in even lower fps.

I'm sure they are very aware of the NPC's and cars not spawining when driving making the city feel empty ive seen a lot of people dropping feedbacks under Pawel tweet when he asked for 1.2 Patch feedbacks so hopefully that will be adressed

No. Im going almost full medium but geforce experience tells me to optimize by changing from medium to ultra. so it tells me to even go higher in settings which I guess will end up in even lower fps.
that indicates a different issue, your system should be able to do more then it can. Maybe overheating? But I would guess its probably alittle optimization is needed for your Ryzen (not on your end, but on their end) your in that classic ryzen rut, like apps that release on iphone 1st, androids gotta wait. My unfortunate guess is that the game will get smooth for everyone else one patch before it gets smooth for you - youre running a strong ryzen, im running a good intel but we have different experiences since last patch - maybe start searching for your hardware in cyberpunk forums and on the web see what people suggest.

Top Bottom