my cars don't de-spawn

+
1.2 patch on PC, when getting out of one vehicle and calling/driving another the first stays and is tracked on the mini map and the first never goes away, and they are building up (mini map showing 7 vehicles simultaneously).

That's not new, and I thought this was how they are supposed to behave, since realistically cars don't vanish into thin air right before your eyes. They should despawn when you leave the sector or enter a building.

oh never happened until 1.2 for me...I agree they should de-spawn when leaving the sector or entering a building but they aren't, I've drove around the entire map and they don't, entered buildings and completed missions and came out and there still there.

Really hoped that the latest patch would've fixed this issue, but it still happens.

All my cars & bikes are on the mini map & it's really annoying that they won't despawn anymore :giveup:

Yeah, this is a new thing for me too. I'm used to just leaving cars in the street and them disappearing, but as of 1.23 I'm causing traffic problems all across Night City.

Edit; I don't particularly mind it, but it is weird. But it also just added a slightly realistic "find parking" element to the game. XD

Last edited:
I was hoping that this issue would have been fixed. I hope it will be in a near future update.

I hope they won't fix it, as I parked all my cars in the garage of Megabuilding 10.
I also hope they keep them persistent, I've done the same thing to gather them in the garage.
BUT! Many times when I summon them now they wont repair the damage they have, which is quite annoying.

"MY CARS DON'T DE-SPAWN"

If I were to guess, this seems intended. Though, they don't de-spawn, after a certain amount of restarts of the game, they do. still observing exactly when. Preferably, would like it better like this, but if all of them de-spawn after some restarts, then it's no use driving them all to the garage.

Noticed that there's a limit of 10 cars being simultaneously on the map. Don't know about vanilla, but using a mod, try to spawn an 11th, will not come. Unknown whether or not this limit has anything to do with it.

Yeah, this is a new thing for me too. I'm used to just leaving cars in the street and them disappearing, but as of 1.23 I'm causing traffic problems all across Night City.

Edit; I don't particularly mind it, but it is weird. But it also just added a slightly realistic "find parking" element to the game. XD

You took the words out of my mouth!

I found it rather funny in a way. I had 'my' vehicle parked everywhere in NC as it turned out. So there I was running through Pacifica for a while 'educating' some scavs.
I wanted to go back to my car but I was boxed in so I though... "that direction there I left it ... right?" After running for several blocks it turned out I was running to my bike that was apparently parked somewhere in Westbrook :LOL:

Sometimes however, it helps when they get used as cover for a short while and destroyed, whats 100 eddies to clear your map from time to time :p

I hope they won't fix it, as I parked all my cars in the garage of Megabuilding 10.

Oddly, that's the only spot I can get the vehicles to reliably despawn... I ended up parking all of mine on Kerry's patio/AV pad. I'm sure he'll enjoy the higher-end ones, and maybe he'll get the Caliburn fixed...?

It's not a bug, your vehicle will always stay where you left it and then spawns near you if you use the "call vehicle" feature.
I actually think it's quite a cool little detail and I always try to park my vehicle in a "natural" way if I'm not in a hurry.

It's not a bug, your vehicle will always stay where you left it and then spawns near you if you use the "call vehicle" feature.
I actually think it's quite a cool little detail and I always try to park my vehicle in a "natural" way if I'm not in a hurry.
Not sure before, but in 1.3+, I have "multiple" Quadra V-tec :(
(the original didn't despawn and a "new" one spawn when called)
In this playthrough, I didn't touch it, this "second" quadra stay there until the end of the game :)

the original didn't despawn and a "new" one spawn when called
I don't recall having this duplication issue myself even in the current version. Occasionaly after I come back and load a save though my vehicle has dissappeared but after I call it back, everythings works normally.
Just today I found my starter car in front of Judy's place even when I hadn't been there in a long while and haven't used the starter car equally long time and done several exits and re-enters into the game.

Having this issue now all of a sudden. Even have a few copies of the Quadra Type R V-Tec as the other user above.

Destroying the cars makes them go away, and sometimes they do repair if you call them, but not always. There are ~15 of them all around the map now.

Top Bottom