My character is weak, gets constantly one-shotted by MODERATE level enemies

+
I suspect the people who call the game easy are playing cheese quick hacks builds or wall shot snipers or haven't done Fear The Reaper Ending where mobs are scaled up to max lv50 and high threat, or haven't fought the exoskeleton cyberpsychos without the knockdown immunity perk on body or by not cheesing them from roofs they can't reach.

90% of the game is truly easy, and the balancing is pretty terrible, but the game does have some points of challenge. CDPR just needs to spread them more evenly instead of creating uninteresting mob swarms.

Encounter design is definitely a weak area of the game for a good portion of it.

and I've never found the dark souls games particularly difficult

If this was even remotely true you would be complaining that the game is far too easy.
Post automatically merged:

I suspect the people who call the game easy are playing cheese quick hacks builds or wall shot snipers

This is just flat-out not true at all. I have yet to come up with a build that doesn't completely trivialize the game once you get everything levelled up. I actually had to install a mod that levels all the mobs in the game to max just to give my character more of a challenge, with having 400+ health and less than 1k armor.

Last edited:
If this was even remotely true you would be complaining that the game is far too easy.
Post automatically merged:

This is just flat-out not true at all. I have yet to come up with a build that doesn't completely trivialize the game once you get everything levelled up. I actually had to install a mod that levels all the mobs in the game to max just to give my character more of a challenge, with having 400+ health and less than 1k armor.

what build are you using

I suspect the people who call the game easy are playing cheese quick hacks builds or wall shot snipers or haven't done Fear The Reaper Ending where mobs are scaled up to max lv50 and high threat, or haven't fought the exoskeleton cyberpsychos without the knockdown immunity perk on body or by not cheesing them from roofs they can't reach.

90% of the game is truly easy, and the balancing is pretty terrible, but the game does have some points of challenge. CDPR just needs to spread them more evenly instead of creating uninteresting mob swarms.

Encounter design is definitely a weak area of the game for a good portion of it.
The people that call any challenging game easy sometimes forget that they were once in the same shoes of the people that might be struggling a little bit.

Heaven forbid if they ever admit that though.

Not all folks can play a game at the highest level. Thats why they come here in the first place. If they seem to ask for help, then get mouthy then let them learn on their own, simple as that.

you try brawling only with 700 armor on level 50 enemies?
stealth no guns?

There are no level 50 enemies. The main thing is to play on Very Hard because you get more exp and level up faster. The first 4 levels are rough because you don't have the stamina regen to fight more than 1v2 and enemies with guns are scary. But once you get flight of the sparrow (6 reflex) and shifting sands (8 reflex) you can heavy attack repeatedly to chain stagger and not run out of stamina mid combat. Use reboot optics and cripple movement to buy time to kill and move onto the next target so you can heavy attack stagger them. But really you just want to remain undetected and go 1v1 and 1v2.

As long as you are above the maximum level of the enemies you are fighting, you will be good since you get more and faster exp killing maelstrom gangers in Watson at Low Threat than you will the Militech guys in Corpo Plaza at Very High Threat. You can even farm groups of them standing around outside since their detection time is so long, you can have 1 of them killed and 1 of them blinded before the last guy even goes hostile.

I took advanced datamining as the first 2 perks because you can farm mad cash from access points in Kabuki where some gigs have as many as 6 of them. This lets you get borged up really early. I had the cash for double jump legs and Raven Microcyber MK4 before I even had the 14 street cred I needed to equip the damn thing.

Once you reach act 2 and have:

1) double jump legs
2) air dodge cyberware (14 reflexes) and
3) Legendary Short Circuit (obtained from any of the 6 access points in Gig: Serial Suicide, no combat required),

You become a god. Just don't fight anything above neutral threat level. Takes too long, scaling coefficients massively debuff your damage and the exp is bad anyway. Enemies just can't hit you if you move fast in the air.

Just load up on Legendary quickhack passives and if you really struggle, breach protocol with Optics Jammer, upload Cripple Movement and wade in. The AoE is huge. Everyone on the subnet will be blinded upon detecting you, they cant move and they cant attack so all you need to do is just bunny hop from statue to statue and one tap them.

There are no level 50 enemies. The main thing is to play on Very Hard because you get more exp and level up faster. The first 4 levels are rough because you don't have the stamina regen to fight more than 1v2 and enemies with guns are scary. But once you get flight of the sparrow (6 reflex) and shifting sands (8 reflex) you can heavy attack repeatedly to chain stagger and not run out of stamina mid combat. Use reboot optics and cripple movement to buy time to kill and move onto the next target so you can heavy attack stagger them. But really you just want to remain undetected and go 1v1 and 1v2.

As long as you are above the maximum level of the enemies you are fighting, you will be good since you get more and faster exp killing maelstrom gangers in Watson at Low Threat than you will the Militech guys in Corpo Plaza at Very High Threat. You can even farm groups of them standing around outside since their detection time is so long, you can have 1 of them killed and 1 of them blinded before the last guy even goes hostile.

I took advanced datamining as the first 2 perks because you can farm mad cash from access points in Kabuki where some gigs have as many as 6 of them. This lets you get borged up really early. I had the cash for double jump legs and Raven Microcyber MK4 before I even had the 14 street cred I needed to equip the damn thing.

Once you reach act 2 and have:

1) double jump legs
2) air dodge cyberware (14 reflexes) and
3) Legendary Short Circuit (obtained from any of the 6 access points in Gig: Serial Suicide, no combat required),

You become a god. Just don't fight anything above neutral threat level. Takes too long, scaling coefficients massively debuff your damage and the exp is bad anyway. Enemies just can't hit you if you move fast in the air.

Just load up on Legendary quickhack passives and if you really struggle, breach protocol with Optics Jammer, upload Cripple Movement and wade in. The AoE is huge. Everyone on the subnet will be blinded upon detecting you, they cant move and they cant attack so all you need to do is just bunny hop from statue to statue and one tap them.

the enemies scale based on your level +- some number with a minimum value based on area. Once they spawn, I don't know if they change until respawn.

It depends on your character build and where you've pumped points into as well. That aside, basically your problem is that 700 armor and 400 dps is nothing. Especially if you're playing on hard mode.

If you want to one shot kill on hard or very hard your dps needs to be 1k+ and armor at least 3k plus to avoid much damage. Get your armor to 6k+ if you want to be invulnerable.

People can play how they like, personally I like making OP Builds, so my armor is 6500, I use a fully modded and upgraded comrades Hammer which can basically do anything from 350,000,000 minimum to 500,000,000 damage, my perk stats are so that i've got 100% crit hit chance. Meaning I can one shot kill everything in the game even without head shots, including Adam Smasher on V.Hard. I like being the terminator.

If you don't like the idea of being that OP then just get your armor stats higher and get hold of some legendary weapons.

I personally always play low armor builds (I recently graduated from the default HARD to VERY HARD). It just gives the game more flair. There's that moment of pysching up before you kick the sandevistan on, sprint across the room, chop down three guys with a katana and then fling a grenade into the onrushing mass, knowing that if you get caught out in the open when the sand wears off...it's bye bye V.

From what I've seen, on HARD/VERY HARD there comes a point where the weapon set you've invested in becomes pretty lethal, but those that you haven't drop off significantly. That doesn't mean you need to create a god, but that if you're in the 20s as a pistolero, you likely need to be killing things with pistols.

Pulls out two marshmallow pistols.

1. (Fires a sticky round into the floor for effect. It hits with a startling SPLUT!) The discussion is about combat balance and clarity of the data the game provides about armor, damage etc.

2. (Fires the other pistol repeatedly into the wall for increased effect. So much goop.) The conversation is certainly not about, "That I got skillz at this game, bruh, and you jest need ta git gud!!!" If that nonsense appears again, it will be ended with sticky-sweet silence.

(Indicates a sniper on a catwalk above. Indicates another on a neighboring rooftop. Continues to hold both pistols. Marshmallow slowly oozes down the wall.)

That doesn't even matter really. I'm level 45 with 784 armour and do melee strikes for less than 50k. You can still one shot everything. On my second playthrough I just didn't bother updating my armadillos or even upgrading my weapons other than Satori but I still carry around a level 1 Black Unicorn and unequip legendary short circuit for when sandbagging = more fun. The biggest difference you can make is simply out leveling the enemies you are hitting and who are hitting you.

Even if you go base armour and everything 1 or 2 shots you, it still doesn't matter because the control effects in this game are so strong. If you engage with Optics Jammer + Cripple Movement, all enemies in a huge AoE will be unable to see, move or hit back so you can one tap a bunch of statues.
Overkill is merely bragging rights. Personally using smart assault rifle that clears entire rooms in seconds, and I was "helped" by yet another pretty game breaking bug; in which placed firearms didn't have any critical chance/damage. Still one-shot everything and killed cyberpsychos before they could respond.

Having that weak armor still matters outside specific broken builds (let's call 'em "netrunner wizard", "tech wall-hacker", "perma slow-mofo"), or simply tight/careful gameplay. You can be virtually immortal with armor though and this is even worse than killing everything instantly. Roleplaying and actually going after the "bad guys" is second only to running pure xp farms in things that break your game (overlevelling). Cyberpunk really is a hot mess. Amazes me that so many threads pop-up complaining about the game being too hard.

They just need to smooth out the difficulty curve. Balance out the early game difficulty on Very Hard while bringing up late game opponents against full builds. Admittedly, you SHOULD feel more powerful by the end of the game where you've acquired everything and have grown as a merc, but the difference shouldn't be this drastic where the initial mission 2 bullets= instant flatline vs. being impervious to damage in the hardest mission of the game, the secret ending.

Top Bottom