My choices from TW2 and their consequences (SPOILERS)

+
I mean, it´s okay that the characters don´t appear in the game, it´s a shame but we can´t have everything. It also makes sense that neither Iorveth nor Saskia are located in Velen, they have no interest there.
But seriously, how come they did not dedicate at least one single line of dialogue to these 2 characters?! (Haven t finished the game yet though, but after 61 hours of playing, so far nothing).
There are just too many things that do not make sense such as Zoltan never mentioning Vergen or Saskia, he was a big fan of her and free upper Aedirn.
Even him saying something like "Yeah Vergen fell and almost everyone died, I managed to escape (Saskia and Iorveth went to...blahblah)" would be very satisfactory.
Or Roche at least not being so friendly, could have reminded us that we decided to leave Flotsam with Iorveth and it wasn´t very nice of us.
But I guess it´s too late now to add at least one sentence of dialogue about them, all the voice actors went home : ( : D
So pretty pretty please, REMOVE THE ROSE OF REMEMBRANCE FROM TRISS´S HOUSE FOR THOSE WHO WENT WITH IORVETH IN THE NEXT PATCH!
No need to break the story like that.

Crap, I forgot, only her father is a Golden Dragon, that's why she can only polymorph into a human. Thanks I'll edit that out.

---------- Updated at 03:04 PM ----------

there is one mistake in your book start, saskia is not a golden dragon :)

i do think though that vergen has fallen, in my personal head canon saskia is either dead or searching her papa. since she isnt part of the book i can understand not bringing her back. Iorveth on the other hand is still alive in the books, so here is my head canon that he gathered what was left of the elves and brought them either to the south following isengrim or brought them to francesca. But otherwise i am with Frank.

Yeah my example wasn't at all what I expected the events to have been if they had adhered to a Iorveth path canon (or given an option to). The ultimate result will always be Nilfgaard conquering and that is fine, it's necessary to set up an amazing sequel both with themes and atmosphere, the foreshadowing was always clear. But like a lot of people keep mentioning, it's the complete lack of information about these awesome characters we got attached to in The Witcher 2 and how easy it would have been to acknowledge their existence and give us closure or information on their situation. The biggest flaw however is when they deal with characters that were specifically involved in major events (such as Philippa or Triss) but don't even mention them, especially when you specifically have an option to import your game. What is the point of that feature (fluff or false advertising). Anyways I really hope they come out with an explanation rather than just some DLC or an expansion (though that would be better than nothing) because the problem lies in the details missing in the base game which ultimately break immersion. Anyways my previous post was long enough. This is a minor gripe in a very, very awesome game, just close to my heart given the context and the really great characters that aren't present.

No, though the Eternal Fire is a big-big deal in this game.

Which is strange as you'd think the Witch Hunters would just be the Order.
I tought they will be present considering previous two games and radovid givin them lands, and now they nowere to be seen, at least i expected to see them with radovid

Updated the "Síle escaped" consequences.
Do not read if you didn´t let her die and haven´t finished the game yet!
For those of you who let her die in W2 and are still curious, feel free to read!

Also updated the "Saved Triss" consequences with a new dialogue.

Last edited:
Updated the "Síle escaped" consequences.
Do not read if you didn´t let her die and haven´t finished the game yet!
For those of you who let her die in W2 and are still curious, feel free to read!

Also updated the "Saved Triss" consequences with a new dialogue.

Letho's prediction in the Witcher is true, we should let her die instead of save her :D
Also Letho appear again if you save him in the Witcher 2. If you xhoose the right dialogue, he will fight along side you in Kaer Morhen

Have to agree, that apart from sparing Letho in Witcher 2, the consequences were not so big. BUT Aryan was mentioned, Saskia was mentioned, Letho appeared, and letting Sile live also mattered.. And you shouldn't forget that they changed the place completely, I don't see how anything that happened in a small town in upper Aedirn could affect the war between Redania and Nilfgaard or the wild hunt storyline..

Have to agree, that apart from sparing Letho in Witcher 2, the consequences were not so big. BUT Aryan was mentioned, Saskia was mentioned, Letho appeared, and letting Sile live also mattered.. And you shouldn't forget that they changed the place completely, I don't see how anything that happened in a small town in upper Aedirn could affect the war between Redania and Nilfgaard or the wild hunt storyline..

My sentiments exactly, but I am afraid most of complaints are missing that point completely.

Did you just forget Loc Muinne? You basically decided the fate of entire countries sadly it was all rendered meaningless and simplified to attract more players

Did you just forget Loc Muinne? You basically decided the fate of entire countries sadly it was all rendered meaningless and simplified to attract more players

No, I remember :)
But I think the impact of Loc Muinne wasn't that big.. Aside from Radovid's witch hunt, nothing that happened there could affect Novigrad, eastern Redania and Velen, which was a part of eastern Temeria..
Just look at this map, Loc Muinne is somewhere at the river head of the pontar, and Kaedwen and Aedirn are far away.. And the fate of those countries? Kaedwen is conquered by Radovid, Upper Aedirn is a free country (at least at the end of my playthroughs), Aedirn itself got conquered by Emhyr. The only unknown thing is if the new upper Aedirn got also conquered.
I see that you can say that your decisions (I don't know exacly what happens to Aedirn if you chose Roche instead of Iorveth and kill Saskia) are rendered meaningless, but that's how things work usually.. you do your things, and then happens something with greater impact, and suddenly what you did before doesn't matter anymore.. well, atleast this is how things work when a great impire invades your own little country.

Besides, I don't understand the problem of all of this, looking back at witcher 2, we only got our armor and weapons and a few extra lines of dialog from the witcher 1..

My sentiments exactly, but I am afraid most of complaints are missing that point completely.

None of us are missing that point, at all. It's not about completely changing the story line. We don't want Saskia and Vergen to somehow take on both Redania and Nilfgaard and the Wild Hunt at the same time and alter the game. We just want Saskia and Vergen. We want Iorveth. We want any of our decisions to matter. The Witcher 2 was built up as a game of consequences - heck, the entire 2nd chapter was different depending what side you chose. Even more so, W2 was practically one giant cliffhanger for the Witcher 3.

So putting those two together, a developer that prides itself on having real consequences and specific content for specific decisions as well as having those decisions lead up to the next game in *the series*. It's nothing but a massive disappointment that nothing you do in W2 matters - that entire characters, locations, and story lines are completely forgotten or excluded.

Like some have said before - The Witcher 3 is a great standalone game, but it is an abysmal sequel.

I get that CDPR isn't Bioware, but for them to have absolutely no fan service for their customers is pretty insulting.

Okay guys I have changed my first original post and I intend to make an overview of all the choices and the consequences.

Please check it out and feel free to contribute!

I only played the game once so the question marks is where other players need to put their experiences from their decisions.

Also if you noticed anything else regarding to the consequences I have already posted or if you came across any more story breakers, feel free to let me know!

As I said, my decisions were - Aryan dead, Iorveth, Saved Triss, Spared Síle and killed Letho.

Don´t know about the outcomes of all the other decisions.

I let Roche kill Henselt in my TW2 save. At Roche's camp one of his soldiers says something along the lines of "I hear you kill kings, you and our leader".

I've only played through the game once so I can't confirm it's choice dependent.

I let Roche kill Henselt in my TW2 save. At Roche's camp one of his soldiers says something along the lines of "I hear you kill kings, you and our leader".

I've only played through the game once so I can't confirm it's choice dependent.

Its not I got the same line even though I went with Iorveth in TW3
Or maybe they really just made Roche's path canon

Top Bottom