My choices from TW2 and their consequences (SPOILERS)

+
CONFIRMED: Dialogue about Saskia DOES NOT appear if you save Triss on Iorveth's path and I believe it should story-wise. "sigh".

Did you test this with the simulated save import ? I think that does not enable the Saskia dialogue under any conditions. Otherwise, it seems to depend on whether Saskia is alive, rather than whether she has been freed. Or at least it checks a fact named "import_saskia_alive". That may explain some inconsistencies.

I don't think there will be any. I'm pretty sure the Lord of Light No stupid gamez, Marcin Blacha already confirmed this.

There may still be some small references to those games, but it was indeed said that imported choices from them will not matter in Blood and Wine. By the way, I found no particularly interesting changes in the patch either, other than some fixed typos and more BaW spoilers (which do not matter much since the expansion will be out in a few hours).

Last edited:
Nope, I tested it by importing choices directly from W2, not simulated via the dialogue.

About the references, we know that choices from previous games will have no impact in the expansion but that doesn't mean there won't be some sort of input choice like there was in HoS with Shani, and a reference to something that happened may pop up later.

I am not very confident this will happen but still, keep your eyes open folks : )

What references? I am imterested.

A few I can think of, there might very well be more I forgot:
- in There Can Be Only One, the Lady of the Lake, Aerondight, and Geralt saying that "We've met before…" (TW1 reference)
- the journal entry about the Lady of the Lake mentions that Geralt's "search for what had been stolen from Kaer Morhen took him to the village known as Murky Waters" (TW1 reference)
- in Beyond Hill and Dale..., Geralt has a line saying that "Compared to the time I fought a zeugl in Vizima's sewers, this… Ah, never mind. Don't feel like telling that story again" (TW1 reference ?)
- in La Cage au Fou, Geralt losing his memories and recovering them is mentioned in a conversation with Regis (TW1 and TW2 reference)
- there is a notice posted on one of the notice boards by Odrin (TW2 character)
- another Odrin reference is in Till Death Do You Part, where a madman always shouting "Odrin, Ooodrin!" is mentioned

Those are very vague and do not reflect any major events or choices made at all so I did not even count them LOL.

Those are very vague and do not reflect any major events or choices made at all so I did not even count them LOL.

I agree, and the imported choices indeed do not matter at all. But that was already said in one of the developer posts on the forum before the release of the expansion, so it is more or less as expected. Interestingly, it looks like the expansions even reference TW1 more than TW2.

I'm just pissed off at the missed opportunities.

For example,

There is a short conversation with an innkeeper about Aedirn and Vengerberg. A perfect place for a reference via dialogue to the war in Aedirn that was going on in W2.

So they should have done something like this:

if iorveth_path == false and roche_path == false then dialogue = default (for new players)

if iorveth_path == true then dialogue = reference to how the free state of upper aedirn could not defend the territory without Saskia as it's leader and was eventually annexed

if roche_path == true then dialogue = reference to how Henselt's forces weren't able to defend the newly annexed territory because they were fighting Radovid's armies

PLUS each path could have further reference to Henselt being alive or dead (Roche) and Prince Stennis being alive or dead (Iorveth).

I know this is a stupid detail but it's the attention to detail like this that would really make me happy : )

This could have been easily done and yet again, they just ignored it.

I'm just pissed off at the missed opportunities.

For example,

There is a short conversation with an innkeeper about Aedirn and Vengerberg. A perfect place for a reference via dialogue to the war in Aedirn that was going on in W2.

So they should have done something like this:

if iorveth_path == false and roche_path == false then dialogue = default (for new players)

if iorveth_path == true then dialogue = reference to how the free state of upper aedirn could not defend the territory without Saskia as it's leader and was eventually annexed

if roche_path == true then dialogue = reference to how Henselt's forces weren't able to defend the newly annexed territory because they were fighting Radovid's armies

PLUS each path could have further reference to Henselt being alive or dead (Roche) and Prince Stennis being alive or dead (Iorveth).

I know this is a stupid detail but it's the attention to detail like this that would really make me happy : )

This could have been easily done and yet again, they just ignored it.

Youp, sometimes small dialog lines here and there is all that would have been needed. But no, they decided to rather pretend like one half of the Witcher 2 never happened.

Hi, I recently started my fourth playthrough on PS4 and simulated my witcher 2 choices (sided with Iorveth and lifted the spell from Saskia) and I noticed this :
View attachment 72540
Not sure if it only happens if you chose Iorveth but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Attachments

• Vizima.jpg
    Vizima.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 106
Hi, I recently started my fourth playthrough on PS4 and simulated my witcher 2 choices (sided with Iorveth and lifted the spell from Saskia) and I noticed this :
View attachment 72540
Not sure if it only happens if you chose Iorveth but I thought it was worth mentioning.

That happens no matter what. For common folk Geralt is not a human so it's logic that the soldiers thinks that he was a scoia'tel

The simulation of your choices it's the biggest fake of the whole game. It's meaningless

Last edited:
I never noticed this line! Interesting.

Sure it happens all the time?

Anyways I just remember one more thing.

When I examined Yeneffer's megascope in Skellige, Geralt made a reference to a line Philippa mentioned about megascopes being like toothrushes in Witcher 2.

However, you could only hear this line on Iorveth's path.

I'm sure that it appears no matter what as well.

The attention to detail is so bad with this game :( :D

Remembered something else.

During the side quest Tower full of mice, you can examine the test tubes in Alexander's lab and geralt says something like "This would not have been allowed if the conclave was still in charge",Actually conclave is in charge if you saved Triss but i suppose this happens no matter what.

Yeah that too.

Like, how did they think they would be able to get away with all these plot inconsistencies :D :D

I don't even understand what the point is on having and bragging about the choises and concecuences system in place, when the next game is just gonna ignore them all regardeless...

One would have hoped they had learned, and would not make the same "mistakes" again when they got all the backlash they got for Shani and Taller's treatment in TW2, but no... TW3 was twice as painfull in this regard, almost as if they were trying to mock the players on purpose for caring about narrative consistency and immersion.

One more reference to Iorveth's path I just remembered!

Upon investigating Yennefer's megascope in Skellige, Geralt mentions that megascopes are like toothbrushes as Philippa Eilhart once said....

This is a reference to a conversation Philippa had with Triss in Witcher 2 via Sile's megascope which Geralt could only witness if he sided with Iorveth. (If he sided with Roche, he witnessed the conversation with Dethmodl instead).

I'm pretty sure this line appears even on Roche's import in which case it should be a story breaker since he couldn't have known Philippa said this.

Top Bottom