My Dream for Multiplayer.

+
You create a unique character from scratch too in sp beside of your codename everything is up to you.I would like to import my character for mp as a sort of continuation of the main story but what is canon....i still don’t know if cyberpunk 2077 is canon or if it is just fan fiction like the witcher

In my dream there is a one life rule....but I suppose you could make the same character over and over again.

I'm almost positive 2077 is canon since it's being made very closely with Mike Pondsmith the original Cyberpunk 2020 creator. There is also the new Cyberpunk Red pen & paper, which I think is sort of a prequel between 2020 and 2077. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike pondsmith was also involved in the development not the same
In my dream there is a one life rule....but I suppose you could make the same character over and over again.

I'm almost positive 2077 is canon since it's being made very closely with Mike Pondsmith the original Cyberpunk 2020 creator. There is also the new Cyberpunk Red pen & paper, which I think is sort of a prequel between 2020 and 2077. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah the witcher creator doesn’t like video games at all but the games made the franchise real popular so maybe he changed his mind

2077 is definitely canon. As for Witcher, that's a whole other deal- The Witcher author doesn't consider the Witcher games canon, but that doesn't really matter much tbh.

I would love to see Cyberpunk 2077 to follow the idea of Neocron in Multiplayer Modus.
So that the Multiplayer of Cyberpunk 2077 would be a real MMORPG in a Cyberpunk Setting with real interactions between the Players. That Cyberpunk 2077 takes the chance to create a cyberpunk world with implanters and hackers and drugs and to hire Killers etc etc....

Some of you are talking about mechanics that are far more in depth than the main game. I expect MP to be pretty shallow as it's their first stab at it

Hate or love the game, but I think Star Citizen is the best example or approach based on my utopia preferences in how an ideal MP environment would look like. Alternatively, some open world sandbox games or those "Life mods" or "Life game modes" you see in some ARMA games, G-Mod, etc.

Of course I don't look for a huge universe or planet to run across in an ideal MP version of Cyberpunk, nor do I look for voxel based building blocks like from sandbox games.

My point is that you basically get the SP experience in MP; it's not a limited map you play classic game modes on like TDM, ideally it's the same big world you get to enjoy in SP. That you can create a character and amass wealth while possibly being hindered or assisted by other players in the open world. That you can feel a progression. And that you avoid classic MMORPG "tab targeting" mechanics and rather look for an FPS based approach, because I feel that this is usually more immersive.

Of course it "might" be foolish to hope for something that picky or vast esp. if CDPR is just exploring MP options. I think we'll get something more limited or adapted aimed at certain audiences. Maybe coop, maybe classic game modes in limited world spaces. No idea.

But hey, above is basically my ideal multiplayer world I could spent countless or hundreds of hours in. Maybe more.

To recap:
+ Ideally same experience in MP like in SP or something close to it if it's an RPG or so
+ Big open world or something akin to it
+ Character progression
+ Immersive / persistent approach letting you enjoy the whole world, not just force you into a match on a smaller map
+ Ideally more FPS than MMORPG based mechanics in terms of combat or interactions
+ Sufficent player amount per 'server' or 'instance' if it's not limited like a coop based approach
+ Possibility of unprovoked PvP within a certain framework and eventual consequences if players escalate too much
+ Many (social) activities so things do not become stale

Yes, all these things might possibly be a lot to chew on for a studio if you're just exploring MP and it would be lots of work, no doubt. But personally, that's what I like the most so you'll usually find me in sandbox games or the like where I can have something like an RPG SP experience but online with other people. A mild to medium RP experience (in natural or organic fashion) is surely also part of it. Perhaps something like above could be interesting to try or assess for CDPR later down the line for MP in the next or following Cyberpunk game in many years and after experience and tests.

In my dream, multiplayer doesn't exist at all and any resource that would have been wasted on that would be used to make the singleplayer game even better instead.

Since none of my dreams ever come true, I am just hoping they will manage to make the multiplayer fun, so I wont be annoyed that one time I will try before never using it ever again.

Some of you are talking about mechanics that are far more in depth than the main game. I expect MP to be pretty shallow as it's their first stab at it
Always keep in mind CP2077 multi-player IS NOT and MMO.
Don't expect MMO style functionality.

I just hope local cooperation can be an option for the console version of cyberpunk multiplayer, like Borderlands.
I'd love to play the game with my wife. :LOL:

It would be great to be able to be a mission GIVER as much as a mission taker in multiplayer.

You could make it so that some missions are like the initial state of scoping out something to steal or getting intel on the next stage of the mission

And then you could hire someone or do it yourself. If you do it yourself you would have to spend in game resources involved in prep and execution of the mission. If you hired it out you had to risk them stealing it and then you’d have to go after them possibly expending more resources.

You could see how some people would accept a mission on behalf of someone else instead of fulfilling the same one in their own game so that they could get paid AND keep the item - but they would risk being hunted down, having the item recovered and being looted. So there’s risk/reward on both sides of it.

Coop could also involve asynchronous gameplay elements, so I could ask for help from a friend while not even in the same game at the same time. I could deliver things to a locker you would be able to pick up no matter what game world you were in. Our characters can e-mail one another in game. I can set up missions for you to complete and vice versa that can be done whatever game I’m in.

And of course friends could also take missions in the same world together. They could even prepare missions asynchronously (you get this vehicle and park it in a storage space, I interrogate someone for intel, you hack some server for security access, etc) that we then execute in the same game when we are ready

Guest 4211861

play the game with my wife. :LOL:
you have a wife?:sad:

on topic: yeah, it would be pretty hardcore, but they would probably add an easier game mode for us casuals, in addition to the hardcore one

but who knows really, CDPR tends to surprise

I like the single life idea quite a lot, but I would want it to be a separate hardcore multiplayer mode. I could see myself playing it a lot, but I get that it's not for everyone.

I honestly dislike most multiplayers - there was one exception: Mass Effect 3. I liked the co-op defense, so something like heists, assassination, hacking and so on might be working.

If I died in multiplayer and had to start over but worked hard on my character and bought stuff... I just... I couldn't, this isn't a survival like DayZ.
I'm not sure what multiplayer will be like but I'm fine if it is similar to GTA Online, somewhat. I don't want just instanced quests or something.
I want to be able to still have the whole world, some activities to do (racing for example), missions, etc. Customize an apartment maybe (since that isn't in singleplayer anymore, from what I heard). I also want to play with my S.O. so it be more ideal that I can keep my character and explore the world with her together.

If the online version has something like mmorpg style, or if there will be a living night city but gangs and corps are operated by players and you can play as anything you want like a gang member or corp member or just someone who is living in the nightcity like normal guy or some market owner or a brothel owner or like mercenary who does any kind of job. If online version can be like this im pretty sure that will be something spectecular and everyone plays it. But if were going to be realistic, Cyberpunk 2077 online = GTA V Online or something like left or dead 2 co op like online.

Top Bottom