My ending experience after doing all endings at my disposal

+
Disclaimer: I only had 3 endings (not counting the suicide one because f**k suicide).

I did all three endings (Johnny, Arasaka, Nomad) in my first playthrough for the sake of curiosity but I did the Nomad one (the best one IMO) last since I wanted to end with a bit of bloody positivity. Didn't really know how the Nomad one would pan out, but I knew it would be better than letting Johnny take the wheels or trusting Arasaka.

Since I had planned on going through all the endings in one playthrough anyway, I didn't want to do a good ending (Nomad), then a bad ending (Johnny), and then a super bad ending (Arasaka) in that order because that would have left me with a real crappy taste in my mouth. Wanted to avoid a bad final impression I guess.

Anyway after finally doing the Nomad ending I took a break and then reloaded back to the point of no return. I dumped another 10 hours into my character doing some side gigs just to forget about things for a little bit and guess what, I'm gonna do the Nomad ending AGAIN. A second time! I just feel so empty and I want to fight with the Nomads again. Just one last time. Then hopefully I'll finally put this playthrough down for good and truly end on a high note. And maybe put the game down and go outside. Or maybe I'll just end up feeling sad again.

In fact, in all future playthroughs I'm rolling with the Nomad ending permanently because of how bleak the Johnny and Arasaka ones are. Already experienced those ones once. Yeah...never again.

I believe that the underwhelming feeling of endings come from the main story being shorter compared to all side stories which can make a lot of people miss things or kill the immersive momentum, if you know what I mean.

I believe that the underwhelming feeling of endings come from the main story being shorter compared to all side stories which can make a lot of people miss things or kill the immersive momentum, if you know what I mean.

I think more the fact that you follow a bleak story since the end of the heist/Jackies death/V's death, constnatly see V in pain, and worse even, in fear of dying in agony. But you keep getting on and on and ... then the reward is ... you are at the same point as when you woke up and Victor told you you are going to die...nothing mattered what V did ... and that is why there is an empty feeling left for many...

To be honest it's more about how depressing the whole thing is. V said it best in the cyberspace area. "All of that work we did ....for nothing".

I genuinely want them to make DLC that expands up the endings and lets us find a cure. Maybe by 2022 they'll release a "Badlands" expansion pack where we spend 6 months with Panam working on a cure, then live happily ever after and buy a big ranch or something lmao. Or perhaps that's too corny.

I want closure but instead my brain is battling with ambiguity which makes it hard to actually move on from the game. It's probably the reason why I'm reloading my save and doing the Nomad ending a 2nd time, so I can relieve that glimmer of hope I first felt.

Yes, not sure if they aimed for a bittersweet ending, but if so they need to up the sharpshooting skill.

Only way for me is to head-canon the Nomad ending (was natural as I played a Nomad), even if it was not all positive (romance interest as a straight female annoyed me, part in lack of input on my V, part of the attitudes not meshing with how I played V when I did have a choice in it).

But in my head V found a cure, or will... Are (at least the chance for) a happy ending really that unthinkable in today's media? I am tired of the endless bleakness, at least give me bittersweet (Lord of the Rings got that one right)...

Yes, not sure if they aimed for a bittersweet ending, but if so they need to up the sharpshooting skill.

Only way for me is to head-canon the Nomad ending (was natural as I played a Nomad), even if it was not all positive (romance interest as a straight female annoyed me, part in lack of input on my V, part of the attitudes not meshing with how I played V when I did have a choice in it).

But in my head V found a cure, or will... Are (at least the chance for) a happy ending really that unthinkable in today's media? I am tired of the endless bleakness, at least give me bittersweet (Lord of the Rings got that one right)...

The tarot cards imply things work out well in the end. DLC will make or break this theory.

Played a straight V male and romanced Panam. She felt a bit lifeless to me to be honest but was all there was. The Nomad ending wasn't really for me. I don't see what's wrong with either going with Al behind the Black Wall living in cyberspace or waiting to see what Arasaka can do down the line. I liked these better then just living out 6 months and dying in pain.

Played a straight V male and romanced Panam. She felt a bit lifeless to me to be honest but was all there was. The Nomad ending wasn't really for me. I don't see what's wrong with either going with Al behind the Black Wall living in cyberspace or waiting to see what Arasaka can do down the line. I liked these better then just living out 6 months and dying in pain.

I don't trust Arasaka, especially with how they torture and interrogate engrams in Mikoshi. Living in Cyberspace felt too depressing to me since you're alone. Would rather spend the rest of my days with family.

If we're not getting some sort of DLC that let us save V and give him some real closure, I'm going to riot and burn CdProject HQ to the ground :oops: 😂 EXPECIALLY if that doesn't include Panam

soo pissed about arasaka ending, will not elaborate to much but i straight shit on the face of johnny the whole time in hope to keep my body ( kinda like fighting your ''demon'' till the end will be rewarding) fuck it. yea.... slave or die... fuck it

Top Bottom