My extreme dissatisfaction of the hotfix.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My extreme dissatisfaction of the hotfix.

I thought I would make my disappointment apparent. Because after the overwhelming sh*tstorm you left the game in before Christmas and the extended season/delayed patch... THIS, is all you could muster?

A handful of text changes that no where near spread the full spectrum of literary issues in the game and removing spies from cards that shouldn't have been added to the game in the first place.

I don't even know what to say. Because yet again more problems have arisen than those you have fixed. We can't even open kegs.

The decline continues CDPR. I hope the 70% of your development team that are working on the mobile ports are doing a better job.

hahah. Look at that. That's funny. You are funny. :p

Seriously, calm down. The Midwinter update was not good, on that we agree but that's where it ends. You don't have to directly insult and use such language towards the devs and the staff of CDPR that actually put hard work on something, even if you don't like it.

What's the point of threads like this one?

Everyone knows there are problems in the game, complaining about them over and over again won't help!

Delivering an update for an online game is hard. Making rash decisions could make the situation worse.

Removing spies from create abilities (that includes Hym, Adda and runestones) and fixing various bugs is a step in the right direction. Just give CDPR time: I am sure a nerf is coming for dwarves. But it's critical not to overdo it.

ser2440;n10214862 said:
hahah. Look at that. That's funny. You are funny. :p

Seriously, calm down. The Midwinter update was not good, on that we agree but that's where it ends. You don't have to directly insult and use such language towards the devs and the staff of CDPR that actually put hard work on something, even if you don't like it.

Being a yes man only encourages mistakes. Yesmen are the reason EA are allowed to be a bad company.

If I invest in a sandwich that I find becomes moldy half way through, I have the option of returning said sandwich, voicing my disgust so it doesn't happen again and getting a refund/replacement.
Unfortunately I can only do one of those things after investing in Gwent. Either way, in both cases you are extremely reluctant to continue to support said company.

Esmer;n10215002 said:
What's the point of threads like this one? =========== Making rash decisions could make the situation worse.

Exactly, you answered your own question.

Last edited:
However, I agree we should be patient of course, it looks a bit unprofessional. That after hotfix (which is supposed to FIX problems) there are even more bugs.
But yes, give them some more time, they'll probably "fix this hotfix" eventually.

Last edited:
Shadow-Stalker;n10214792 said:
I don't even know what to say. Because yet again more problems have arisen than those you have fixed. We can't even open kegs.

It's a hotfix that fixes the most problematic issues, not a balance overhaul. Also, the problem with kegs is likely due to the server being overloaded because everyone and their goldfish is buying and opening kegs now because of the premium weekend.

I can understand the disappointment over the Midwinter patch, but the hotfix doesn't deserve this treatment.

Shadow-Stalker;n10215162 said:
Being a yes man only encourages mistakes. Yesmen are the reason EA are allowed to be a bad company.

Don't be a yesman people.

Gwent has made a series of blunders and delays, broken promises followed by worse and worse issues and decisions since open beta.

Nice strawman there. Where did I even insinuate that being a yesman is good, or that anyone should be one?

No. What I am saying is that you really shouldn't be so harsh on your personal criticism which is almost offensive over something actual people with actual feelings have worked hard on developing. It's not fair to them. If you can't respect their work, respect them. And vice versa. Though you really should respect both.

If I invest in a sandwich that I find becomes moldy half way through, I have the option of returning said sandwich, voicing my disgust so it doesn't happen again and getting a refund/replacement.

you invest with full knowledge that things will keep getting added or removed or changed to said sandwich. So your analogy is void I am afraid. I can understand the frustration. Again, I didn't like a great many things about the midwinter update. And investing in something that later changes direction and becomes worse is a bad feeling. But you don't have to turn your "disgust" into a near personal attack on the sandwich makers, which, try to make said sandwich constantly better by changing bread quality, ham type, adding mayonnaise, removing ketchup, etc, and then thanking you for trying it out for them and taking your feedback into consideration

No Title

Please dont insult and offend devs. They r trying their best at least LUL

Attachments

• photo190692.jpg
    photo190692.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 55
Please dont insult and offend devs. They r trying their best at least

Yes that is what I am saying. Yes you posted a photo that shows the game for how broken it can be (though it's such an extreme scenario I am not even sure how you got there or if it is real). Your point being?

Generally just a reminder:
It is not a hotfix, it is even officially declared as a patch - see the news thread that says: 'Patch and Premium Keg Weekend are live'. A hotfix is called hotfix because it is HOT, being a fast reaction to issues that have been noticed, respectively troubleshooting.

4RM3D;n10215642 said:
[...]I can understand the disappointment over the Midwinter patch, but the hotfix doesn't deserve this treatment.
It is meant to be a patch not a bugfix-fiesta, thus it truly deserves that criticism. Having said that, I don't complain about the bugfixes and while this is something that I assume is hard to figure out and fix - because it is the nature of a bug - it is nothing to be overly excited about; It is the developers duty to fix such, if it occurs at the first place, asap.
Besides the thing that bothers me the most is the lack of honesty. It is not a patch, why would you call it one. Why do you not say - for example with the season end delay announcement - that a player should not a await a patch, rather some of the needed bugfixes.

Esmer;n10215002 said:
[...]Removing spies from create abilities (that includes Hym, Adda and runestones) and fixing various bugs is a step in the right direction. Just give CDPR time: I am sure a nerf is coming for dwarves. But it's critical not to overdo it.

Removing the CA spies from the create pool and seeing dwarves as an issue is something a 1st grader would've been capable of earlier than 1 week of the patch being live. And that chap would've probably react with a nerf of 1 or 2 points on a pivotal dwarf bronze like the skirmisher, instantaneously.

4RM3D;n10215642 said:
...the server being overloaded because everyone and their goldfish is buying and opening kegs now because of the premium weekend.

I can understand the disappointment over the Midwinter patch, but the hotfix doesn't deserve this treatment.

If they're going to have a premium weekend it would have sure been nice if they finished the premiums for the cards released weeks ago, I have no idea if I should be choosing the unfinished premiums or not when I get them in the choices because I don't know what the animation will look like, is it better or worse than the other options for the finished premiums? Who knows! Not only was the midwinter update pushed out to early but they couldn't even finish one more premium out of the ones left unfinished before the premium weekend.

TV_JayArr;n10216112 said:
It is not a hotfix [...] It is meant to be a patch not a bugfix-fiesta

Semantics, really. A patch can be anything, from a hotfix/bugfix to adding new content. The distinction is arbitrary. Same goes the other way around. The Midwinter patch could have even been labeled as an expansion with +100 new cards (and a complete GUI overhaul).

Anyhow, the point I was trying to make in my previous post, was that players complain way too often (or, at the very least, it not being a proportional response). Then CDPR releases a bugfix to correct most issues and players start complaining about that too.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. CDPR cannot live up to everyone's expectations.

vidokas;n10216152 said:
[...][D]o you ever worked as software developer or as IT stuff? do you ever created games? no? that means you don't have idea how they are made and how balancing works.[...]

The classic no-brainer argument as a reaction to criticism.
'You can't criticize something if you are not capable of doing it better!'

'A:Jesus, that striker needs to score right there. B: Wait what?? He does not need to score, did you ever play football on such a high level? Are you a professional football player? You can't even jog for 20 mins, don't dare to judge professional players messu-ps.'

vidokas;n10216152 said:
[...][O]n every game forums there's a lot of cry babies who cries because that developers don't say what will come next and when. but when they say and some stuff is delayed they cry even more[.] [...]
You make ONE person out of a whole community, that does not work well. The fact that there is a loud minority that is really abusive in their feedback and irrational does not mean that any kind of criticism is. The original post for example is far from being unfounded or verbally abusive.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. CDPR cannot live up to everyone's expectations.

My thoughts exactly. People complained about having to wait ONE day to get their ranked rewards yesterday. If they were released earlier they'd probably whine about the drop rate (they still do), the fact that we could have been informed of premium weekend before the rewards because they went ahead and opened all their kegs already, etc.

The original post for example is far from being unfounded or verbally abusive.
Calling the Midwinter update a ****storm and insulting devs, even indirectly is definitely not verbally abusive at all, yes. Unfounded, maybe not. There are some legit concerns. But no, it's still way more insulting than it should be. Unless it got edited and I didn't notice which with the intervention of mods here, it might have

*EDIT* No it didn't. We are talking of the same OP in its current form

Last edited:
4RM3D;n10216422 said:
Semantics, really. A patch can be anything, from a hotfix/bugfix to adding new content.[...]

A hotfix is something I expected weeks ago, I see a huge difference in those 2 terms. Thats the reason there are different terms in the first place.
Anyways my personal issue with this is not that they fixed a bunch of bugs; Again that is great, I dislike the fact that I expected balance changes - with a crude patch being live since 19th december if I remember correctly - and there was no reason not to expect such. The last part is the major annoyance.

TV_JayArr;n10216612 said:
A hotfix is something I expected weeks ago, I see a huge difference in those 2 terms. Thats the reason there are different terms in the first place.
Anyways my personal issue with this is not that they fixed a bunch of bugs; Again that is great, I dislike the fact that I expected balance changes - with a crude patch being live since 19th december if I remember correctly - and there was no reason not to expect such. The last part is the major annoyance.

Other than them explicitly stating that there would not be major balance changes. Some people might have considered that a hint.

4RM3D;n10216422 said:

It's not about living up to everyone's expectations at all. It's about adjusting to the expectations of the majority after they increasingly announce their disapproval over a course of time.

Can't hang a guy for his phraseology and dialect.

Sure you can. Internet etiquette is a thing, as is real etiquette. Some things, are actually offensive, and for the sake of respecting people who don't share your views on what qualifies as such, it's usually better to just avoid using them. I mean, feel free to but then don't call mods fascists for changing the wording of your posts.

Anyway, off topic, and no point in making this our personal (heated) debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom