My Feedback Regarding CP (spoilers?)

+
Hello. I wanted to take the time to give my feedback in various areas of the game. Due to how many topics I will be covering, I felt it was best to create my own thread rather than "hijack" another thread. I am not sure what people would consider a spoiler so I will have the title with a ?. Anyways on wards..

Crafting: I see there are a few other good threads on this. I agree the crafting system is broken. I have seen the Map, EMP/Charr grenade, and Drop Box glitch. In my opinion, it is bad when you create a crafting system where you have to glitch the game to have a good chance of reaching the level required for more schematics. I think CDPR should of kept to something similar to Witcher 3 where the NPC's handle the crafting for you. Schematics are found by exploration or loot

-My alternative suggestion to this, would be have a crafting station where all schematics are available to you. You have to have the perk to craft that tier of item though. That would of made it so you don't have to run to every merchant in the game to see if they have a schematic you want. Perhaps it would of helped with variety too

Perks: On perks, I think it should be mentioned that there is a few bad ones in this game, or they aren't as useful. I forget the name to it at this time but the perk that says it automatically deconstructs junk is a bad one. This is because it will deconstruct the junk that is worth 750 eddies. It is easy for new players to make this mistake because they are looking for convenience. A "deconstructs junk that is worth 4 eddies or less" change may resolve this

-An example of perks that are not useful, are the ones related to 2H Blunt and LMG's. There is more schematics in the world for Pistols, Shotguns and other weapons in comparison to LMG and Blunt

Weapons: I was disapointed to see the lack of variety in the game. It would of been nice to see the equivalent to a Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR). With how many perks there are for stealth, it could be a Special Purpose Rifle (SPR). A lot of DMR's in the world have suppressors as part of their combat kit. It could of been one of many weapons with a suppressor already built in

-While on the subject of suppressors.. I did not like the fact that they all had a damage reduction. Suppressors in IRL can double as flash hiders. It would of been nice to see CDPR encourage the use of them for playing purposes and for people with vision problems (light sensitivity or otherwise)

-Weapon ammo types would of been nice as well. Tech weapons with Super Conductor (I think it is) do a lot of damage thanks to their ability to ignore armor (with that perk). This makes Power weapons inferior in terms of damage. If there was an ammo slot for Less Lethal, and Armor Piercing rounds, I think that would of been a better approach. It would keep the weapons balanced while making you not as dependent on Pax or the Cyberware mod for less lethal

-A category of less lethal weapons would of been great as well. Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided had the Taser, Tranquilizer Rifle and others. That would be a great example to look at for thoughts or guidance

Game Testers: Not directly related to Cyberpunk but still as important to discuss is game testers. I think this is something that all companies are missing. Fantasy Flight Games has volunteer Game Testers for most of their games. Division 2 attempted this with their "squad". CDPR would benefit greatly from a system like this. There is plenty of examples to learn from but I think Fantasy Flight Games has mastered this system. They are organized and have their own sub system specific for Dev to Tester communications

Had CDPR had their own group of 3rd Party Testers I think it would of turned out differently in certain areas. Game Testers are a great way to get opinions or insight

Overall: I think that CDPR is in a position to do something unique. The game will need to be fixed before this can be fully explored though. There was an attempt to do things different than other RPG's. While it may of failed, there is certainly time for CDPR to get it turned around. I can only hope that it does happen

-Before I post this forum, I want to say something about Streamers. This is something that I think CDPR is not aware of. I know some companies aren't (surprisingly). It is important to be aware of. I will do my best to explain

A lot of the Streamers that make it to a position where they are noticed for things like Games and stuff, are ones that do so by stepping over others or "being a leech". It is not uncommon for there to be scummy practices within the Streaming world

Being aware of this is important because of certain factors. Streamers are better than Google Adsense for advertising because there is a person, and community behind it. Usually when a Streamer decides to "signal boost" a game or product, it is because they have a passion for that. That passion is easily seen and spreads around like wildfire

While it is nice to see people with this passion, you have to be careful of who you choose. If you choose someone who has done wrong to others, the industry, or a community, you are "signal boosting" that it is ok to behave like that. You also frustrate people who are aware of what that person has done

There is a reason companies rarely hear of this. It is because any attempt to speak out can get you black listed or have threats sent your way. Or the company can simply ignore you. Any one of these reasons causes the frustration and thus they have no desire to reach out to the company in question

Based on my knowledge of these matters, it is my opinion that it would of been best had CDPR put the Streamers on the website rather than the credits. Should they discover that someone is like that, it is easier to edit the Website rather than a game. Plus if that person is not an issue, it is easier to have something to click on rather than have a bunch of text scroll down a screen. Makes it easier for people to discover that person

I can only hope CDPR sees this post, and people learn from this. Sorry for the long post in advance!

About crafting system I'm not really well informed, but I did 17 lvl in crafting in 4 hours. When you deconstruct rare small items like medicine or weapon modifiers you get more material than you invest in creation. That's lot of clicking, and you must find good scheme, but its very easy. And when I had more than 100 different schemes, I didn't see even one glitch there. Actually in 4 hours I got not only legendary eq, but also skill points and over 200k eddies from selling not needed crafting parts.

Lots of weapons, I'm sure we will see more with updates. Game testers and streamers are CDPR problem.

About crafting system I'm not really well informed, but I did 17 lvl in crafting in 4 hours. When you deconstruct rare small items like medicine or weapon modifiers you get more material than you invest in creation. That's lot of clicking, and you must find good scheme, but its very easy. And when I had more than 100 different schemes, I didn't see even one glitch there. Actually in 4 hours I got not only legendary eq, but also skill points and over 200k eddies from selling not needed crafting parts.

Lots of weapons, I'm sure we will see more with updates. Game testers and streamers are CDPR problem.

That is one way of doing it but there are quicker ways. What I was referring to was not a Crafting glitch. It is a glitch with the game. What you can do with the Drop Box Glitch is sell a crafting material then buy it back in infinite amounts. To make the money for that, you use the Map Glitch

With a modification in the files to change crafting time to .01 seconds, you can make level 18 in 1 hour using the above methods

I think they could of done a better job with how the crafting was handled, and how you earn money. If you got to stoop to glitches to do it the quickest or most efficient, then there is potentially something wrong with the system (in any game)

Okay, now I see your idea. Generally crafting in this game looks very, very powerful. If we all know that everyone will end being a master crafter, so maybe crafting should become sth more? Like there's a minigame in hacking and variety of hacks but not everybody will be a hacker, or lots of weapons and perks and upgrades but not everyone will be a gunner. Maybe crafting should be bigger than hacking and killing methods? Now it was simple for me and even simpler for you

Edit: On second thought I think that personal lab will solve many OP crafting problems. Aside from removing glitches of course, we could have our own lab in one place (our house somewhere, or we get it after a quest?), find some very rare things that will upgrade our lab, it could be very expensive. I think its logical to produce eq in a lab.

Last edited:
Okay, now I see your idea. Generally crafting in this game looks very, very powerful. If we all know that everyone will end being a master crafter, so maybe crafting should become sth more? Like there's a minigame in hacking and variety of hacks but not everybody will be a hacker, or lots of weapons and perks and upgrades but not everyone will be a gunner. Maybe crafting should be bigger than hacking and killing methods? Now it was simple for me and even simpler for you

It is early in the morning my time. I apologize if I misunderstand you in advance

Are you referring to something like Zelda Breath of the Wild? In that game the food and potions system is the crafting. They never tell you what mixes together. It is something you have to discover or find a "cookbook" online. If you are referring to mini games like that, I don't think that would be a way of handling it

I think the game should support various play styles. If people do not want to craft, then they buy the weapons and armor. If people want to invest the time to get every advantage then that should be rewarded

Unfortunately in the game's current state, it is a grind unless you do the methods mentioned in this forum. It should of never been that way. This is an RPG not an MMO

The best idea I can come up with, is they should of had a computer in the main apartment for each category. So there would be one for all armor, one for all guns, one for all melee, and one for all mods. These computers would be your merchant equivalent and all items would level up to your level

That would centralize the equipment for players while giving players who do not want to craft the ability to get nearly as good equipment as the crafters

For Crafters, they should have a workstation with schematics to ALL weapons, mods, and armor in the game

As I edited previous reply, private lab sounds good to me. I don't really have in mind any certain game crafting system. What I see is that we can craft anything anywhere, and that's very convenient but totally not logical. I see NCity as the most logical game world I've seen yet

As I edited previous reply, private lab sounds good to me. I don't really have in mind any certain game crafting system. What I see is that we can craft anything anywhere, and that's very convenient but totally not logical. I see NCity as the most logical game world I've seen yet

I missed that edit my bad. I agree with that. Perhaps that could be a bonus? If you do it with a crafting station it would be higher quality than one crafted without?

Or perhaps cost less materials? Idk there is so many ideas for that

That's synergy my friend.

Happy to see I am on the right track. Now it is a matter of if others think the same. Or if CDPR notices this post. I see so many posts going on right now. I get a feeling my post will be drowned out eventually

If it happens I did try at least :)

Top Bottom