My "finished" graphics mod setup. What do you think?

+
My "finished" graphics mod setup. What do you think?

4K video:
- mod list in description

4K/8K/12K/15K Screens: http://br34kss.deviantart.com/gallery/

Based around essenthys STLM with a few tweaks, and assorted texture mods.

Can't get the gamma quite right due to playing on a 144hz monitor, unfortunately (anyone have tips for this?).

This "gaming" monitors with high refresh rate used to have very, and I mean very high brightness. Means autor of this topic may have darker quality.
Brightness and gamma too different things. And frequency is unrelated to it. Yes, TN panel (generally the cheapest high frequency ones) tend to have an improvable colour setup, but you can have a high frequency monitor with a good colour balance, accurate gamma, and a wide range of brightness.

Generally, any monitor capable of high brightness can do lower too. Too poor brightness value is the offender there. Any monitor who can do 300cd/m2 can do 50.

As for global game darkness, the best you can do if you don't have an accurately calibrated monitor is to follow the in game "gamma" slider to make sure it's really as they say "barely visible". This should provide the right balance the developer intended.

STLM and extended view distance don't work together. Evd overwrites STLM soooo not sure why you have it in your mod list.

Maybe...but still...some of the footage is definitely not in Toussaint and he says his setup is based around STLM when it clearly isn't. Is it possible that he thinks stlm works correctly in that footage? If that's the case someone needs to tell him I think...

I am well aware that stlm doesnt work correctly. However, if you install STLM, then Extended View Distance over it it actually looks fucking sick. It's a way darker version of stlm, and you also eliminate a lot of fog. I recommend trying it out. I don't much care for the "E3 look". - some of the footage in the video is STLM alone, but the Velen footage is using both.

This is a terrible way to compare three screenshots, but here goes: Left side is extended view distance alone, right side is STLM and the middle is both of them conflicting. https://gyazo.com/09061884912ef1b7beca2a1213ab708f

I don't expect many to agree, but then again modding is all about making the game fit your own taste. STLM alone no doubt looks more real, but I like the middle one better.

Last edited:
I am well aware that stlm doesnt work correctly. However, if you install STLM, then Extended View Distance over it it actually looks fucking sick. It's a way darker version of stlm, and you also eliminate a lot of fog. I recommend trying it out. I don't much care for the "E3 look". - some of the footage in the video is STLM alone, but the Velen footage is using both.

This is a terrible way to compare three screenshots, but here goes: Left side is extended view distance alone, right side is STLM and the middle is both of them conflicting. https://gyazo.com/09061884912ef1b7beca2a1213ab708f

I don't expect many to agree, but then again modding is all about making the game fit your own taste. STLM alone no doubt looks more real, but I like the middle one better.
It's overwriting STLM, if you want to tweak view distance and reduce fog then use ULM by KNGR.

Top Bottom