Crashing when using scanner/quickhacks

+
Hello,

i'm often crashing when using he scanner seemingly completely at random. Sometimes when scanning a random object, sometimes when deploying a quickhack. Sometimes it'll work for a while and other times i'll crash when scanning a rando npc/object withing the first 10 minutes. Game works fine-ish otherwise, finished my melee playthrough in several long sessions with maybe 10-15 crashes in 80h.

Any ideas what specifically affects the scanner or how to try and fix it? I really wanted to do a netrunner playthrough.

Hello All, I don't know if I am the only one, but every time I use my scanner with in a few minites I crash to desktop. I do have to run the game on medium for the most part and use no more than 8x AA, but is this game such a memory hog or so unoptimized using my scanner crashes my game completely? All I know is if I made a netrunner build I would be screwed since nine times out of ten I have to say screw it and tank everything solo style or have my game crash every time I use my scanner. It is ruining my experince since the scanner is a main mechanic of the game. I am really disapointed and never thought CD Project Red would ever release a game so bugged I can't even enjoy playing it to the point I am angry. I would ask for a refund, but I played to much of it trying to find some redeeming points to even get one now. So please fix this so I can get my $60 worth at least.

Hello,

i'm often crashing when using he scanner seemingly completely at random. Sometimes when scanning a random object, sometimes when deploying a quickhack. Sometimes it'll work for a while and other times i'll crash when scanning a rando npc/object withing the first 10 minutes. Game works fine-ish otherwise, finished my melee playthrough in several long sessions with maybe 10-15 crashes in 80h.

Any ideas what specifically affects the scanner or how to try and fix it? I really wanted to do a netrunner playthrough.

Sorry to necro and you may never see this, but did you ever find a fix? I am crashing almost every time I use the scanner and it's really pissing me off. No crashes otherwise.

Hello All, I don't know if I am the only one, but every time I use my scanner with in a few minites I crash to desktop. I do have to run the game on medium for the most part and use no more than 8x AA, but is this game such a memory hog or so unoptimized using my scanner crashes my game completely? All I know is if I made a netrunner build I would be screwed since nine times out of ten I have to say screw it and tank everything solo style or have my game crash every time I use my scanner. It is ruining my experince since the scanner is a main mechanic of the game. I am really disapointed and never thought CD Project Red would ever release a game so bugged I can't even enjoy playing it to the point I am angry. I would ask for a refund, but I played to much of it trying to find some redeeming points to even get one now. So please fix this so I can get my $60 worth at least.

Sorry to necro and you may never see this, but did you ever find a fix? I am crashing almost every time I use the scanner and it's really pissing me off. No crashes otherwise.

Which platform ?
PC, I suppose, so you don't use mods ?
Anyway at first you can try these steps provide by CDPR (if it's not already done)

If you happen to play without mods, you can consider to file a bug-report here.

Top Bottom