My game suddenly broke - weird graphics and gameplay glitches

+
Hello. I am new to this forum, but I have spent some time browsing through threads in "technical" section to find if anyone encountered the same issues as I did, but unfortunatelly didn't find anything similar. I am playing on PC, sorry if I posted in the wrong section.

For around 50 hours of playtime I had absolutely no issues with the game apart from little glitches. Played on "ultra" graphic settings and the game was looking phenomenal. Suddenly, around a week ago I loaded my game and it was totally different. I keep seeing blurry textures everywhere, weird triangular shadows and textures, resolution of all volumetric effects is horrible, every smoke cloud is pixelated. The low level of detail of distant objects is also more apparent. I can stand a street away from a skyscraper and the textures are extremely low quality, wich was not the case in my previous 50h of gameplay. The light poles with advertisments disappeared and I can no longer see them above Night City, while they were visible earlier. There is no wheather changes or anything, while eralier I experienced rain and different kinds of weather. Also, when I walk into volumetric effects like smoke I get weird flashing blue and red lights on my screen. Apart from these visual issues my game started to glitch like it never did before. Enemies deal more damage to me, music is not playing while in combat, weird things happen with game physics.

I wonder if anyone here encountered the same symptoms. I really enjoyed the game and then suddenly everything broke, I have no idea what could have caused this. I didn't change any settings, all drivers are updated and I have performed file check on Steam. Is there any chance this is a known issue and might be resolved with future patches? I didn't write to Technical Support because this is such a weird situation where suddenly my game became totally different and everything just broke. Thanks from advance for any help and advices how to solve this issue.

Does this occur in older savegames, too?
I have tried loading a couple of older saves and I have the same issues. Dind't try all of old saves, because they are very far back into the game. Might just check them to see if it works, but I wouldn't like to replay a big part of the game since I usually just overwrite my main saves except for specific moments ;_;

I experience glitches on Xbox a lot. Cut scenes are have a motorcycle without a driver. NPCs are strange. The game seems kind of unfinished. I wish it were less buggy.

Top Bottom