My Gameplay QOL improvements and suggestions.

+
Okay, if I don't talk about any thing related to my personal tastes, the game definitely needs some re-adjustments:
  • Additional Music Settings
    So there are two sources of music in Cyberpunk 2077 - RADIO ( in car or in radio devices around the city ) & AMBIENT which is dynamic (action music during COMBAT) and more subtle out of combat. SO I suggest the following:
    • separate ON/OFF switch for COMBAT music
      How it works: AMBIENT music can be kept on or off during COMBAT ( no RADIO ) but the AMBIENT music is present outside of COMBAT
    • separate ON/OF switch for RADIO ( both in-car and world radio devices )
      How it works: RADIO can be turned on or off game-wide, but doesn't mess with AMBIENT music

With this implementation, player can specify when and what type of music they'd like to hear in any situation given. For example if you play stealth, you may want the music to be completely turned off so you can focus on the noises NPCs produce - if enemies are alerted or you are in direct combat, the music may be overwhelming for some.
  • Weapon & equipment wheel (ALT button) is totally unresponsive, too slow to work with and counterintuitive
    • press ALT (not hold, PRESS) to access the wheel
    • hovering mouse over any weapon will automatically select it - no need to confirm with left mouse click to select a weapon... ( why? just why? )
    • change grenade type with A MOUSE WHEEL ( why do I need to press Q / E ??? totally counterintuitive and takes too much time and the responsiveness is just horrible with keyboard compared to mouse )
  • Press Q/E to lean !!! the automatic lean system sucks, let us do it manually, it will be usable in many more situations than what the currently automated system is capable of
  • DON'T INTERRUPT ME WHILE I AM SPEAKING - HOW DARE YOU?!
    Seriously, there are multiple scenarios where multiple NPCs are talking, even V is talking sometimes at the same time, it's a complete mess.
    For example there was an important chat face to face with a story character, while other important story character called me on the phone, I couldn't hang, couldn't say "hold on, wait a sec" couldn't do anything. Both NPCs were talking their $hit to me like no one cares while I was not able to listen to both. I would expect such situations handled well in a 3AAA game.
If I come with any other suggestions, I will post them for sure. I want this game to become best version possible.

CD PR you are the best.

Honestly I really don't mind the contextual leaning system available integrated with aiming. But I do think q-e lean should be implemented with hipfire to act as like a "blind fire" cause you are leaning and hip firing. NPC dialogue overlap needs to be fixed yes. Also I have re bounded my holster / weapon wheel to g and it works a lot better. With cybernetic upgrade/nade as middle mouse button. You can edit your own controls through the XML code in notepad. But it should be rebindable by default the control key bindings menu is extremely lacking and overall the ui is terrible I wish we had the ui from 2018.

Too much programming work just for the audio just to appease such a small thing

We have 3 weapons and our fists. 1-4. Quick and easy. I do agree that a toggle instead of hold is better for those who like to use the weapon wheel tho.

Leaning is a tough one that no company has properly implemented. The way it works in this is better than an actual Q/E toggle. Our lean adjusts the further we go out instead pressing a button to turn the camera to a 45 degree angle.

The interrupt thing wouldn't bug me so much if it didn't sound like a clip being played over another clip. It's not fluid at all

I have a suggestion. Prone and headlook.

I have vast experience with FPS games.

"Too much programming work just for the audio just to appease such a small thing"

Are you kidding ? I bet there is a boolean stating whether actor (meaning player character) is in combat or not. What is there to program lol? Few lines tops. Speaking as a studied engineer of Cybernetics and AI.

"Leaning is a tough one that no company has properly implemented. The way it works in this is better than an actual Q/E toggle. Our lean adjusts the further we go out instead pressing a button to turn the camera to a 45 degree angle."

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series has the leaning with Q/E implemented the easiest way possible and it works wonderfully. Nothing too complicated is even needed here. Yeah and by the way, Stalker is probably best FPS ever made, so why can't CD PR just take the inspiration from it? It's simple and gets the job done.

I agree that a 'prone' implementation would be great too, though.

I have vast experience with FPS games.

"Too much programming work just for the audio just to appease such a small thing"

Are you kidding ? I bet there is a boolean stating whether actor (meaning player character) is in combat or not. What is there to program lol? Few lines tops. Speaking as a studied engineer of Cybernetics and AI.

"Leaning is a tough one that no company has properly implemented. The way it works in this is better than an actual Q/E toggle. Our lean adjusts the further we go out instead pressing a button to turn the camera to a 45 degree angle."

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series has the leaning with Q/E implemented the easiest way possible and it works wonderfully. Nothing too complicated is even needed here. Yeah and by the way, Stalker is probably best FPS ever made, so why can't CD PR just take the inspiration from it? It's simple and gets the job done.

I agree that a 'prone' implementation would be great too, though.
Heh, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is more of an RPG than Cyberpunk is and it's based off of an RPG lol. It's been a while since I've played it but that fact that is the only game you mentioned just kind of proves my point on leaning in video games is usually done poorly. I have however played some games that have a lean/peek toggle that allows the player to control how they can peek over top of whatever form of cover you're behind or around the corner. Also, where is the ability to wild aim while around corners ala Deus Ex and like the NPC

Top Bottom