My hope for the future...

+
Things have not been going great lately for CDPR and Cyberpunk, but it's not all doom and gloom... yet. My hope is that CDPR takes a few pages out of Hello Games book, and takes this opportunity to keep their heads down and focus on making major improvements and additions to the game. And in a few months, maybe even half a year, come back and make a big splash in the news once again, coinciding with the re-release of the game on the PSN store. I can only speak for my self when I say that a move like this would reinvigorate my faith in CDPR and their business strategies, whereas moving on and working on two new parallel projects would only increase my scepticism.

For me CDPR would be great again if it adds what is vital in the current state of the game:
Add Artificial Intelligence to traffic, NPCS, enemies and police.
Add public transportation systems to Night City (subway).
Add interaction in the city.
Allow and increase the possibility of customization of V.
Decrease minimap zoom as speed increases!

Myajha

Forum regular
CDPR needs a top down re-focusing on one thing, and one thing only, their mission statement. https://en.cdprojektred.com/our-mission/

They lost site of it recently in the pursuit of the all mighty zloty. CP2077 is what it is, without a major rewrite of the engine, it's not going to get much better, and it is what it is.

For the future though, the board needs to sit down with the executives (many are the same people) and remind them of their mission statement, and decide what is more important, their mission statement or the zloty. They're not necessarily exclusive, but one needs to be the focus over the other.

CP2077 is what it is, without a major rewrite of the engine, it's not going to get much better, and it is what it is.

I would agree with this if the issues with the game related to physics & mechanics that seem out of the realm of what the game engine can currently do, but I think it's more about rushed/half-baked programming, which I very much feel can be improved. The vast majority of the things players say they want to see changed/improved seem reasonable and realistic.

As a fresh new PC player who's in mainly for the immersion (rather than the combat, etc...), once the bugs are fixed enough i'd like very much an expansion on interactivity of the world and things that enhance immersion, so yeah : Animations for mundane things like buying and eating food, a really simulated subway system, being able to sit on many chairs and benches, more intractable food/drink street vendors, more connected things to interract with like lamp posts and traffic lights, alternative homes to buy, ability to display inventory content (like vinyls) in some places of the appartment... and maybe a little procedurally generated fedex quests, because I like to pretend I'm just a delivery man. Of course, many of the things I'd like are futile or unlikely, its just that night city is simply put the best environment I've ever seen, I'd rather have CDPR expand this marvelous world to make it interesting outside of main quest and side quests, rather than just make us wait 10 more years for a sequel.

Edit : Oh I forgot : I just tested the game in VR with VorpX. This is the best VR experience ever, even with all the bugs and clunkyness etc..., the feeling when you are just walking in the street with all the npcs circulating around you is priceless. So a proper VR mode would be fantastic, and VorpX proves it can be done and be good.

Last edited:
As a fresh new PC player who's in mainly for the immersion (rather than the combat, etc...), once the bugs are fixed enough i'd like very much an expansion on interactivity of the world and things that enhance immersion, so yeah : Animations for mundane things like buying and eating food, a really simulated subway system, being able to sit on many chairs and benches, more intractable food/drink street vendors, more connected things to interract with like lamp posts and traffic lights, alternative homes to buy, ability to display inventory content (like vinyls) in some places of the appartment... and maybe a little procedurally generated fedex quests, because I like to pretend I'm just a delivery man. Of course, many of the things I'd like are futile or unlikely, its just that night city is simply put the best environment I've ever seen, I'd rather have CDPR expand this marvelous world to make it interesting outside of main quest and side quests, rather than just make us wait 10 more years for a sequel.
I think everyone wanted/would want this sort of things, unfortunately at the moment I think there were more important things to do/fix.
But I have no doubts that it will be added one day or another. It seems impossible to me, that with such a beautiful city, there is not more interactivity added in the future :)

Edit : Oh I forgot : I just tested the game in VR with VorpX. This is the best VR experience ever, even with all the bugs and clunkyness etc..., the feeling when you are just walking in the street with all the npcs circulating around you is priceless. So a proper VR mode would be fantastic, and VorpX proves it can be done and be good.
Yeah, that must be something :)

Top Bottom