My idea for a mainquest in Cyberpunk 2

+
The story starts with you being new in Night City (real original I know) and you're a merc essentially doing smaller jobs, you befriend Animal ;), he's a merc like you from Night City so he shows you the ropes. He's your Batou, best friend. As you do gigs together you join a crew headed by Dom oldskool merc , Badger a short angry bearded no-nonsense Solo, Sharona a rockerboy who struggles with her "Fight against the Man" persona and at the same time striving to be upperclass which is what she really wants, to be accepted, brought up by a single junkie mom, had to turn tricks on the streets as a kid to survive, born with one hand one day she snapped and her other bionic hand crushed a client's balls. She ran away from the cops and Dom took her in and she's been part of the crew ever since. And last but not least Fizzy, the crazy netrunner, if this was the Ninja Turtles he would be Michelangelo, womanizer with constant sexual innuendos that Sharona just finds annoying af.
You guys do heists nothing too major. a cargoship there, a hit here. Steal info there.

One day you get a tip from an insider working for Arasaka that a VIP shipment is coming in hot from Japan, you and your crew break in hijack the container and get out. Arasaka is hot on your tail there is a chase scene, but you manage to escape but you gotta lay low for a while. Your hideout is a underground bunker beneath a subway track, its entrance is through an old aqueduct. You open the container and inside all you see is a canister, no cash, no weapons, no gold, its an old looking canister with some sort of yellow fluid inside and a proprietary connector you're not familiar with. Fizzy takes a look and starts going through the interwebs and gets nothing.
Fizzy: "What the hell is this thing."
Badger: "F#¤k!!! We went through all that for this piece of junk".
Dom orders Sharona to scout out for intel, what's the word on the street are they still looking for us?, he orders you and Animal to find out what this thing really is. You take a 3D picture and you head out. First stop, a general store. He takes a look he has no idea what it is but damn this thing looks old lots of rust around the corners and dust. Old?
You remember an old antique shop nearby your apartment. The old man there takes a look, "I'll be damned haven't seen one of these in decades, its an old Bio-Capsule. People use to store animals on this thing, zoos, pet owners. For safe-keeping."
Animal: "So you're saying there's an animal on this chip? We're Rich!"
"Not so fast you'll need a Bio-Printer and even then half the time it didn't even work which is why you don't see these things around anymore. And this thing is really old and rusty, I doubt you'll get anything useful out of this thing.
"Where can we find a Bio-Printer?"
"They stopped manufacturing them half a century ago you won't find any around here, your safest bet would be the Junkistan on the outskirts, you might find one laying around there."

Back at the hideout you tell the crew, Dom orders you and Animal to head out to Junkistan and find a Bio-Printer. You take the AV which looks more like a Blade Runner car than a big helicopter we saw in CP77. Flying overhead the Junk-Scavs are taking potshots at your car and you crash land. (Yes this part is similar to Blade Runner 2049 idc). Junkistan is one big junkyard with huge airships constantly dropping junk and you have the junk-scavs that salvage whatever they find. They don't like outsiders.
Here you need to fight through the "level" while looking for the Bio-Printer. At the end there is a boss fight against the Junk-King. After defeating him you find the Bio-Printer. You call in Badger to come get you.

At the hideout you insert the Bio-Capsule into the Bio-Printer that is connected to a vat. You press start.
Fizzy: "Damn this thing needs a lot of power."
Sharona: "How long will this take?"
Fizzy: "Hard to tell, days weeks, months, it's really old tech."
Badger: "I don't have days or weeks I want to get paid now!"
During this time you do sidequests and other smaller gigs. You get a call its Dom, "You gotta come check this out."
You see the Bio-Printer is hard at work you can see the outlines of a skeleton. It's Human.
The Bio-Printer prints inside out, the skeleton is done, organs and as time passes you see its a .........young Woman.
After two weeks the print is done, the machine bells out "Printing Complete." The vat is drained and the young woman is laying on the blanket naked, she starts convoluting you manage to stabilize her, she wakes up confused. She doesn't know who she is or even what her name is. Who is she? And why did Arasaka keep her in a Bio-Capsule?

This is as far as I've gone with this story. The mystery is who she is obviously and how the story progresses as you try to find her identity and how that plays out in the bigger picture of things.

I don't remember if it's bio-printer it's called in the movie, and to be honest I'm not sure that's where the idea came from first, but it was the first to pop up in mind reading your post.
I like the idea even so by the way :thumbs up:

Well considering that game wont be out in more than 10 years.. probably we all gonna be dead by then...

Top Bottom