My laptop shuts down around the time I have to look for the reverand

+

Guest 2088595

My laptop shuts down around the time I have to look for the reverand

my log: PC Wizard 2009 Version 1.90------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Owner: MicrosoftOrganisation: MicrosoftUser: CjOperating System: Windows (TM) Vista Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2Report Date: Wednesday 16 September 2009 at 02:07------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> > Platform : Intel Centrino > Mainboard : Quanta 3610 > Chipset : Intel PM45 > Processor : Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2666 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M > Hard Disk : Hitachi (250 GB) > Hard Disk : Hitachi (250 GB) > DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L ATA Device > DVD-Rom Drive : UZAP 6JGHQJKT6VK SCSI CdRom Device > Monitor Type : SAMSUNG - 19 inches > Network Card : PRO/Wireless 5100 AGN [Shiloh] Network Connection > Network Card : RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter > Operating System : Windows (TM) Vista Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2 (x64) > DirectX : Version 10.00 > Windows Performance Index : 5.4------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------***** End of report *****I play with my screen resolution at 1920 by 1080 and the game shuts down as if I performed a hard system reset. I tried running in compatibility mode with xp sp2 and with the ticks checked for the dpi, and the game is running the 1.4 patch I believe with the eax blur fix. I can play fine until I reach act 1 where you are at the new town and you fight the dogs by the gate, after that the game tends to shut down when it feels like it.

gojemba said:
I play with my screen resolution at 1920 by 1080 and the game shuts down as if I performed a hard system reset. I tried running in compatibility mode with xp sp2 and with the ticks checked for the dpi, and the game is running the 1.4 patch I believe with the eax blur fix. I can play fine until I reach act 1 where you are at the new town and you fight the dogs by the gate, after that the game tends to shut down when it feels like it.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that FULL PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )update your game to 1.5, remove TAGES, retry

Guest 2088595

1.5 wont install on my system, I get the invalid cant identify your installed version error. I have the Twee and EAX blur patch installed already so I dont know whats wrong. Everything is running as admin as well.Edit: No errorlog.txt is present in the folder.

gojemba said:
1.5 wont install on my system, I get the invalid cant identify your installed version error. I have the Twee and EAX blur patch installed already so I dont know whats wrong. Everything is running as admin as well.Edit: No errorlog.txt is present in the folder.
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 see the missing menu registry fix, check out your registry settings

Guest 2088595

I have the game patched up to 1.5 but unfortunately it still shuts down my system after I fight the first set of dogs by the village door to save the girl outside.

Guest 2088595

How would I go about running that memory test? Is 4gb of ddr3 ram with 2gb of video ram not enough for the game?

Guest 2088595

What is done after the iso file is burned on a disk? just a regular boot to cd?

Guest 2088595

I have burned the files to a disk and have been trying to boot from cd for a few days so far. Theres just no image file to boot from, its more or less a data cd because the folders inside or a linus folder and 2 zipped archives. the archives themselves have no image files inside so how can I boot to cd and do a mem test?

gojemba said:
I have burned the files to a disk and have been trying to boot from cd for a few days so far. Theres just no image file to boot from, its more or less a data cd because the folders inside or a linus folder and 2 zipped archives. the archives themselves have no image files inside so how can I boot to cd and do a mem test?
get ImgBurn select "Write image to disc", at Source select the memtest.ISO file, select the burning device, press to burnthen reboot, select to boot from CD, wait to test

Guest 2088595

I only have memtest.bin.ids and memtest.ids files, everything else is like a readme which doesnt help much and a ton of other files marked as file type LDS, h file, c file, h file, and s file. no memtest.iso

Guest 2088595

finaly got it right, I booted to disk and everything was pretty much on auto, it seemed to have been running, I saw the black screen and then my system restarted after a minute or so. what happens next?

gojemba said:
finaly got it right, I booted to disk and everything was pretty much on auto, it seemed to have been running, I saw the black screen and then my system restarted after a minute or so. what happens next?
so did you burn the ISO after all ?ok, so, did Memtest started to test your memory? did a blue screen with text from Memtest appeared ( like this: http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/OCZ4200DDR2/DSCF1063.JPG )the test runs on indefinitely, so an automatic reboot does not sound right

Guest 2088595

Im sorry helping me is a pain in the rear, I also thank you for having the patience you have. I saw the blue screen but where you see "pass % " for me it raised a bit and then boom, restart like out of nowhere. I tried running again and the system is avoiding booting to cd, and I did set the boot priority to cd then internal HD but it still boots normally from internal. I will try a few more times to boot into the cd image.

gojemba said:
Im sorry helping me is a pain in the rear, I also thank you for having the patience you have. I saw the blue screen but where you see "pass % " for me it raised a bit and then boom, restart like out of nowhere. I tried running again and the system is avoiding booting to cd, and I did set the boot priority to cd then internal HD but it still boots normally from internal. I will try a few more times to boot into the cd image.
i guess you did not correctly burn the ISOretry, you must write the ISO file ( not it's contents ) as a CD image to the disk ( i've explained in my previous post how to do that with IMGBurn )

Guest 2088595

I did use img burn to burn the image file, my system booted to cd when the priority was changed and it did begin the process the iso is intended to do, however it stopped prematurely and rebooted.

gojemba said:
I did use img burn to burn the image file, my system booted to cd when the priority was changed and it did begin the process the iso is intended to do, however it stopped prematurely and rebooted.
oh...i hoped the memtest disk was an issuebut, if memtest stops then memory might be at faulthow many memory stick do you have?if one, do try to borrow one similar from a friend and test it alone on your motherboardif more than one, do leave only on single stick in and retestafter a test is completed put the next stick by it self and test it too..and so on

Guest 2088595

im running intel duo 2.66gz with 4gb ddr3 ram on my laptop. the amount of mem sticks I have I do not know, I just know I have 4gb of ddr3 ram on a laptop thats about a month old or less.

Top Bottom