My last words to CDPR and Witcher team

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My last words to CDPR and Witcher team

I definitely quit ...
The game now run like shit on my xbox, a lot of bugs appeared with 1.07, not one word from the dev, nor the support since one week...
I spent 150€ for this game, i was happy during 1 month (from 1.03 to 1.05), never been disapointed like that...
Concerning butchered framerate we don't know if it's a bug, a mistake or else... I tried to ask everywhere, every twitter, forums even the support... never got a response...
Stop now, the game could have been my fav ever, but instead it became my biggest disapointment in gaming, and i game since 1983 (msx).
I'm in fact disgusted from gaming industry, their practice, their lie...
The most annoying is that i had a good product, which i was very happy with, and it had been butchered, we don't know why, how, and what was the purpose of downgrading a game which ran fine... in fact i'm pretty sure CDPR don't know either... That's why we had zero answer, they simply don't know what they've done, how they've made such a downgrade and even less how to fix it...
The lack of communication is for me a proof of that...
As i said since 1 week i try to have answers, which never came, so writing on this forum is totally useless.
I'll come back to gaming for Fallout 4 release, but be sure that now, never buy again on day one, and also i'll never let a patch being installed before i've checked what it brings and what it breaks, and that's new to me.
For those who are not framerate sensitive, enjoy, if you can with all these quests bugs, it's a good game, but technicaly it became a mess, and i shouldn't have to wait for another fix, which could ruin the game even more...
And the fact that is not a game breaking problem, make me think that it will be the last thing they want to fix, most of people don't notice, they already sold a ton of TW3, so there is no need for them to fix it...
One of my worst experience in gaming, really!

If I had the game on consoles I'd be pretty pissed too tbh. Playing with 30 fps is horrible enough, but 20? That's unplayable. Even PC players are reporting fps issues with 1.07, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Still love this game, but one has to admit CDPR did drop the ball a bit.

I spend more than 150 euro for this game with upgrade for my pc and i still play at solid 50 fps.And I was thinking to buy a console ps4 but I changed my mind.Is not the case for desparity now . I am sure they gonna fix it.

Last edited:

Guest 3841733

Drama queen much?

If you wanna quit just quit.

gtfo with that tweeny 1990s speak.

OP I completely agree. But it's too be expected. The witcher 3 team is young and inexperienced. The witcher is a great IP, but it's run by monkeys. Look at Blizzard for instance, they know how to put code together, they know how to deliver a working patch, they know how to communicate, etc... whether you love or hate their games. Bioware too. The difference is, the management and operations at the field office for companies like Bioware and Blizzard are vastly superior to CDP Red.

I definitely quit ...
The game now run like shit on my xbox, a lot of bugs appeared with 1.07, not one word from the dev, nor the support since one week...
I spent 150€ for this game, i was happy during 1 month (from 1.03 to 1.05), never been disapointed like that...
Concerning butchered framerate we don't know if it's a bug, a mistake or else... I tried to ask everywhere, every twitter, forums even the support... never got a response...
Stop now, the game could have been my fav ever, but instead it became my biggest disapointment in gaming, and i game since 1983 (msx).
I'm in fact disgusted from gaming industry, their practice, their lie...
The most annoying is that i had a good product, which i was very happy with, and it had been butchered, we don't know why, how, and what was the purpose of downgrading a game which ran fine... in fact i'm pretty sure CDPR don't know either... That's why we had zero answer, they simply don't know what they've done, how they've made such a downgrade and even less how to fix it...
The lack of communication is for me a proof of that...
As i said since 1 week i try to have answers, which never came, so writing on this forum is totally useless.
I'll come back to gaming for Fallout 4 release, but be sure that now, never buy again on day one, and also i'll never let a patch being installed before i've checked what it brings and what it breaks, and that's new to me.
For those who are not framerate sensitive, enjoy, if you can with all these quests bugs, it's a good game, but technicaly it became a mess, and i shouldn't have to wait for another fix, which could ruin the game even more...
And the fact that is not a game breaking problem, make me think that it will be the last thing they want to fix, most of people don't notice, they already sold a ton of TW3, so there is no need for them to fix it...
One of my worst experience in gaming, really!

All this is due to the lobby of sony . The game simply can not run at 1080p/30fps on PS4 , but Sony insists make it run at 1080p , although the framerate becomes horrible (next to 20fps at some locations). The version of XboxOne was perfect at 900p (dynamic) and locked 30fps, even better than the ps4 unstable version, and suddenly the producers decides leveling down , making the version of xboxone be as bad as the version of PS4 . The CDprojekt Red simply destroyed the version of XboxOne . Disrespect. Shame on you , CDProjekt Red . I am a PC gamer, but I follow the course of events dumbfounded . That's the biggest disrespect I've seen. Xbox one is an important part of the market, and you should show a little more respect .

Last edited:
All this is due to the lobby of sony . The game simply can not run at 1080p/30fps on PS4 , but Sony insists make it run at 1080p , although the framerate becomes horrible (next to 20fps at some locations). The version of XboxOne was perfect at 900p (dynamic) and locked 30fps, even better than the ps4 unstable version, and suddenly the producers decides leveling down , making the version of xboxone be as bad as the version of PS4 . The CDprojekt Red simply destroyed the version of XboxOne . Disrespect. Shame on you , CDProjekt Red . I am a PC gamer, but I follow the course of events dumbfounded . That's the biggest disrespect I've seen. Xbox one is an important part of the market, and you should show a little more respect .

so that's why my game crashes so much...

This game is technically a mess. The bugs and glitches are numerous and only seem to be fixed if your start a new game, but who can afford to do that when you've wasted 150 hours, certainly not me. That's not even mentioning the mini-games, ha what a joke. The horse racing is fucking atrocious, roach still stops at narrow passageways and even more he can't negotiate any terrain other than flat, it's pathetic. The fist fighting is god awful downright horrid, and could literally piss of the pope. It's just terribly designed and no fun at all. I'm not even going to mention the platforming, if you've played 1 hour of this game you know what I mean. The story was enjoyable and the monster contracts were a blast, very fun. But overall I'm left thinking this game had more potential that was left on the table, perhaps due to no real direction, which is a shame, certainly won't be game of the year.

Edit: Forgot to mention that apparently then changed certain level requirements for armor and swords, leaving players without gear, way to fuck your players out of their loot, that'll make them happy. Oh and insult to injury they nerfed igni, Hahahahahaha! Get it?

Last edited:
I am sure they gonna fix it.

Yea maybe it'll only take them another month like last time. Can't wait to see what they'll ruin then *rolleyes*. I still wonder how gamespot could give this game a 10/10. It would be good if it weren't for all these bugs, graphics pop-ins, etc.. I would describe the current state of the game as late beta phase and us paying customers the public beta testers..And to think that this was supposed to be a polished product. It's laughable, really. It really has all the hallmarks of a game having been rushed out of the door (and that after pushing it back by half a year to deliver a "polished" product. Well we all know by now how that worked out).

And even though I wrote this in another post already I want to seize the opportunity again to thank the devs to ruin the game (I'm on PC btw). I've sent them a picture of visible texture pop ins (like an entire building popping up in the distance after doing a single step towards a village or the entire roof texture changing by doing just one step... This is not streaming, this is bad programming, plain and simple).

Many ppl obviously don't pay attention to this as I doubt that I'm alone in this (and I'm running the game on SSD with a rig by far exceeding the recommended system specs so it can't be that either). Obviously I received no response. So I sort of agree with the OP. The lack of official feedback leaves me with the impression that they have no clue whatsoever what they did to ruin it like that. To think I waited a month for a patch that promised to fix everything and then still see the same immersion breaking pop-ins that made me stop playing in the first place. All for nothing *sigh*..

So again I want to thank the devs: I bought the expansion pass and always wondered if I would really have the drive to pick the game up again once the first expansion was released (don't know about you, but when I haven't played a game for a long time I start to lose interest). I've waited more than a month now for them to fix these issues and apparently they have no intention (or clue) of doing so. So all in all my interest in this game has already greatly diminished.

So considering I never finished Witcher 3 now (out of the forlorn hope that they might actually fix their graphics issues... and again this has even been mentioned in official games magazines so I can say for sure that it is not just me or that I'm a member of a negligible minority and that the game is running fine for the vast majority of players) now I at least have an incentive to put it back on my virtual games shelf and wait for the expansion to hit (hoping that they will get around to actually fixing the game for PC players)

Last edited:
>fatalframes
I understand your frustrations, I'm on PC and I didn't find major problems with1.07 but it seems that for consoles it's different.

CDPR made a great game, but they really lack informations and communications. A lot of complains in the forum, but no answers, that's not the best way to show a little respect to the people who bought their game.
But all gaming companies are like that in fact it seems (?), I thought that CDPR would act differently, but no.
They should've hired someone just for that, I suppose they earned enough money to do that. But no. Sad.

The only information we have is the release patch infos, and things like that no real dialogue. "Mechanical" answer nothing more.

Last edited:
I'm on PC and I didn't find major problems

Thanks for your understanding.. As far as wether these are "major" issues or not.. Everyone sets their priorities differently. If you don't mind the occasionalt texture pop-in or NPCs appearing out of nowhere you obviously will not be bothered as much by it (you might not even notice as you may not be paying attention to such details).

Also, all in all I do find the graphics great but when I see something pop in out of nowhere this simply has nothing to do with streaming anymore. This is ugly texture pop-in. Streaming would be a gradual increase in detail as one comes closer to an object and not to take a single step and *plop* the entire roof texture of a building has been exchanged (or an entirely new building pops up, just to give 2 examples).. And once you start paying attention to stuff like that you simply cant stop noticing these issues anymore (as much as I would like to). I even notice it on clothing now. When you walk towards a guard and pay attention you will notice that the textures get exchanged in "chunks" and not in a sort of "seamless" transition.

I'm unsure if this is simply a technical limitation or plain bad programming (and the total lack of official information doesn't help here either) but I don't recall it being so bad when I first started playing the game. So I either did not pay so much attention to it then or it simply got worse over time with each successive patch.

Also it kills immersion for me when the "wanted" posters on some walls (in Novigrad) pop up out of nowhere and will disappear if you take just a few steps back (so clearly in sight of me). Again this is not streaming, it's ugly texture pop-in.. Like I said, for some people (like me) stuff like that is important and for others it is not (and those are also the ones who are least likely to even notice it).

I know for a fact that it has nothing to do with RAM or graphics card memory as neither are even remotely used up (not to mention that the game would probably crash if it were to try and exceed the limits imposed on it by the hardware :p).

And even though I am repeating myself now. These issues have also been reported by games magazines in my country whio probably run the games on far superior rigs than mine (which is - like I said - also by far exceeding the recommended systems specs). So I can't be part of a vocal minority and the vast majority of PC players does not have these issues. I find it far more likely that PC players who say everything is fine simply do not pay so much attention to these things

Last edited:
Drama queen much?

If you wanna quit just quit.

Must be great still being so you and not having any responsebility or working to support you and your family. Tell us in 10-15 years when you're working 40+ hours per week how it feels to waste money in the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom