My list of Suggestions, Ideas and Additions (updated when I come up with something new)

+
So I compiled a list of things that I want to be added into Cyberpunk 2077. It's a bit ambitous, but now that the game is actually released I assume the developers have a lot more time to polish the game and make it a lot more enjoyable. I believe this game can make a No Man's Sky style comeback with whole new features, mechanics and the lot! Anything is possible, espeically now that they have hired modders to give this game a little extra spice!
So here's my crappy OneNote list that I stayed up till 1:30 am making! If I come up with more I'll probably add them here. Feel free to tell me your suggestions and wishlists too!

NOTE TO THE DEVELOPERS:
I hope you guys take this into consideration. I know how difficult game development is, trust me I've tried it, so I know how releases like this happen. But now that it is released you guys have all the time in the world to fix the game and turn it into something absolutely beautiful! I believe that you guys are able to do it! I have faith!

PS:
If there is a problem with the image below tell me and I'll manually rewrite it.
1630682510120.png

Some more points I thought of:
Civilians:
  • More civilian reactions with combat
  • Armed civilians that shoot back
  • Civilians that will fight using fists if provoked and may run once a gun is pulled
  • 'Almost' random NPC appearances (almost random so that we don't get weird clothing combinations, like a bright pink shirt with a black leather coat. I think that it could be a good remedy to the 'twin NPCs' that always spawn)
  • Civilians interact and talk with each other
    • It is really immersive in games where you pass by a few NPCs talking to each other. I like to just listen in on them sometimes. I think it could really bring out the themes of the setting and give insight into life in NIght City
HUD:
  • Change HUD colours?
  • Option to remove red outlines and enemy markers (arrows over enemies heads)
    • EDIT: I think there is an option to turn them off with the 'target marker' setting, but it doesn't seem to be working on my end
Graphics:
  • After a sudden change in the colour of a light (from say a billboard) the light that it casts onto other surfaces will slowly fade into the new colour rather than change at the same speed at the same time
Bugs:
  • I turned off additive camera movements one time and played without realising it. When I turned it back on for some reason I still don't lean and weave passed NPCs like normal
Here are the other posts I have made where I go into detail about some of these points:

Last edited:
I feel like perks and weapon mods should be the main mechanic for how our weapons get better, and just do away with the weapon level scaling. It's totally unnecessary and frustrating to deal with. It's not rewarding, we just disassemble or sell useless stuff we're never going to try so why give us so much of it?

It's not rewarding, we just disassemble or sell useless stuff we're never going to try so why give us so much of it?
"Maybe" to dismantle for have enough components to upgrade your favorite weapon until level 50 if you pick up it at level 20-30.
Or "Maybe" to sell for have enough money to buy all the cars (or components for upgrade your favorite items) or whatever you want to buy.
But it's just guesses...

"Maybe" to dismantle for have enough components to upgrade your favorite weapon until level 50 if you pick up it at level 20-30.
Or "Maybe" to sell for have enough money to buy all the cars (or components for upgrade your favorite items) or whatever you want to buy.
But it's just guesses...
OR- and hear me out here, this is pretty mind-blowing -they could not waste our time with busy work, and just streamline the process by leveling the playing field and letting us decide how to modify things and relying our our build instead of RNG and level-scaling to make our stuff better.

In Fallout, all the weapons behaved the same at their base-level, it was how you chose to modify them and which weapons you were proficient in that got you the effectiveness you wanted. It was fast, straight-forward, and kept you in the game instead of forcing you out of it to break everything down and put it all together. Best of all, you were never hoping to get a lucky roll with the RNG associated with your gear.

OR- and hear me out here, this is pretty mind-blowing -they could not waste our time with busy work, and just streamline the process by leveling the playing field and letting us decide how to modify things and relying our our build instead of RNG and level-scaling to make our stuff better.

In Fallout, all the weapons behaved the same at their base-level, it was how you chose to modify them and which weapons you were proficient in that got you the effectiveness you wanted. It was fast, straight-forward, and kept you in the game instead of forcing you out of it to break everything down and put it all together. Best of all, you were never hoping to get a lucky roll with the RNG associated with your gear.
I absolutely agree with that idea. I definitely prefer the more immersive and realistic approach by upgrading weapons than just finding a gun with better statistics based on level scaling. A more hardcore and complex example of this is Escape From Tarkov, where it's crucial to use upgrades to turn a basic gun with it's base normal stats (that don't change with leveling) into something more useful as you progress through the game, you could even change upgrades depending on the situation (an idea which I think could work in Night CIty).

I feel like perks and weapon mods should be the main mechanic for how our weapons get better, and just do away with the weapon level scaling. It's totally unnecessary and frustrating to deal with. It's not rewarding, we just disassemble or sell useless stuff we're never going to try so why give us so much of it?
I think you are onto something here. I have made 3 playthroughs and less I fiddle with gear the better the experience has been. Part of the problem is that scaling target makes it difficult to estimate how strong your endgame weapons should be and how much components are needed to upgrade them and even finding out current level of gear. I guess this sort of thing came into games with the Borderlands, but I never played that series, so I don't know what's the background here.

I just finished my (Don't Fear) the Reaper run couple of days ago and when upgrading weapons before meeting Hanako run out of components. Narratively moment is important and how it looks like CDPR wants to people play the game is, that we feel come connection between fiddling with menu and enhancing our gear. Well, no it's not fun, it's not keeping me in story, I ended wasting quite a bit of time fast traveling from shop to shop to buy whatever components they had, fiddle more with menu, buy more components. It totally took me out of the moment, I was doing something more suitable for automated process. On production lines people keep pushing the button because they get paid for that, in game, I'm not getting paid for doing something banal and boring, which is wasting my time for something uninteresting.

Mechanic has its fans and while I'm not exactly on top of things what is happening in gaming space, there were some Game Pass games whom had this sort of stuff, artificial problem and I recall something that had sound effects included for upgrading something to give feeling that it's like achieving something and that had some comedic value it was also very clear signal that it's time to uninstall, whatever that was. Overall when playing on normal I have been happy that I don't need to get that involved with gear, I can play this practical mercenary but I hope they would find a way to streamline it more for those who don't like it. I have suggested having weapon shops to have feature where they would do the process and bill that from player character, components included if needed. Perhaps there could be a perk that would upgrade gear automatically, something like those at least.

I don't know, maybe :)
But for me (just my opinion),
- In fallout (4) in the base game (without mod), weapon system is boring as hell... Mostly, looting weapons is "only" useful for dismantle them to have component for upgrade your camp/favorite weapon.
- In Borderland (3), it's worse, weapons become useless (very) quickly because you can't upgrade them (my stash is full (400/400) of "useless" legendary weapons).

But in Cyberpunk, you can ignore all the weapons on the ground (if you want), your favorite one could stay "leveled" (if you want), you also can buy/craft a good one if you want (at each 5 level, to stay "good"). So there is many ways other than count on RNG to have good weapon ;)
(It also maybe I love looting, even useless thing... If you don't like that, could be not fun... but in fallout, looting is also a quite important part of the game)

(It also maybe I love looting, even useless thing... If you don't like that, could be not fun... but in fallout, looting is also a quite important part of the game)
There was this Youtube video I watched, I think Jan or Feb and they used this term "Looter shooter" and I'm not sure where my association to Borderlands comes from but I have understood that it's feature set really and that's why I wrote that it has its fans and it's not going anywhere.

But there is other side too, it just doesn't work for everyone and better alternative paths for different kind of gamers would be important.

But there is other side too, it just doesn't work for everyone and better alternative paths for different kind of gamers would be important.
I think you can in Cyberpunk. You can leave everything on the ground, since in most cases you can either buy or craft almost any weapon/item in the game.
You don't really need money/components ? You can leave all the "useless" items on the ground.
You don't need new clothes (and keep the ones that you wear) ? Buy components (buy > skip 24H > buy > insane amount in few minutes), and upgrade your clothes.

I think you can easily "ignore" all the looting part of Cyberpunk ;)

I think you can in Cyberpunk. You can leave everything on the ground, since in most cases you can either buy or craft almost any weapon/item in the game.
You don't really need money/components ? You can leave all the "useless" items on the ground.
You don't need new clothes (and keep the ones that you wear) ? Buy components (buy > skip 24H > buy > insane amount in few minutes), and upgrade your clothes.

I think you can easily "ignore" all the looting part of Cyberpunk ;)
I addressed this in my post earlier in this topic. How the heck I'm supposed to know that before going to hardest challenge game can offer ATM?

I addressed this in my post earlier in this topic. How the heck I'm supposed to know that before going to hardest challenge game can offer ATM?
Yep, I totally agree. The game really lack of "real/clear/precise" explanations/tutorials about most of the functionalities :(

Edit :
Because technically, it's possible to keep the same weapon from start to end (or almost). If you don't like "looting", you can keep for example Dying Night (or Satori), and use them until the end. All while keeping them efficient by upgrading them (and buy components hence the lowered cost at sellers since release).

Another example, I'm level 48 now, and I always have my Moron Lab (iconic Ajax) since level 25. So I dismantle all ajax I loot, but it wouldn't change anything if I left them on the ground (maybe, I would have to buy more components, that's all) :)

Edit 2 :(
In my opinion, Cyberpunk is halfway (in the "good" way) between the two examples :
- Fallout 4 where looting become totally useless from the time that you have a fully upgraded and good weapons set.
- Borderland where you must loot because there is no way you can facing higher level enemies with the "good" weapon you have loot few level before (you can't upgrade them).

Last edited:
Yep, I totally agree. The game really lack of "real/clear/precise" explanations/tutorials about most of the functionalities :(

Edit :
Because technically, it's possible to keep the same weapon from start to end (or almost). If you don't like "looting", you can keep for example Dying Night (or Satori), and use them until the end. All while keeping them efficient by upgrading them (and buy components hence the lowered cost at sellers since release).

Another example, I'm level 48 now, and I always have my Moron Lab (iconic Ajax) since level 25. So I dismantle all ajax I loot, but it wouldn't change anything if I left them on the ground (maybe, I would have to buy more components, that's all) :)
What you are not getting that what is that it's the combination of things. You can use starting weapons IF you invest in crafting and ignore the loot IF you use eddies to buy components and what @gakusangi @DeathDiamond720 and me are saying is that we don't care about that either. Thankfully though you can pick up a weapon when you find say a better shotgun and just use that till you find something better and that's actually big factor why my experience on my first playthrough was so good, even my end game gear was rather weak, but I had pretty decent character.

Like I wrote above: I have suggested having weapon shops to have feature where they would do the process and bill that from player character, components included if needed. Perhaps there could be a perk that would upgrade gear automatically, something like those at least. And CDPR could do that and those who like crafting and looting, it's not that it would take any of those features away.

Like I wrote above: I have suggested having weapon shops to have feature where they would do the process and bill that from player character, components included if needed. Perhaps there could be a perk that would upgrade gear automatically, something like those at least. And CDPR could do that and those who like crafting and looting, it's not that it would take any of those features away.
Yeah, maybe :)

But upgrading items doesn't require any skill at all, components yes obviously.
Protoype mark V is looted in legendary, you can upgrade it to level 50 without any tech/crafting skill. Or even overwatch in base version (rare) remains really powerful if you simply upgrade it. But you need components obviously.
Or you can buy good legendary weapons from weapon sellers if you really don't want deal with "crafting" at all.

Buy components in mass (it take 5 minutes at max), like I said, and clic on "upgrade" button at each level (50 times during the whole game at max), it's not "game breaking" nor the most annoying thing, I think at least :(

What would bother me more would be if the vendors could improve the versions of the weapons.
Like pass Dying Night from uncommun to legendary for money, even if you don't have any skill. It would make having the benefits of crafting completely unnecessary (it could break all the crafting system).

Edit: And I don't think CDPR changes that, because now in 1.3, weapon and clothing mods are only craftable in higher version if you have the required skills (you can't craft epic armadillos without any crafting skills, but you can buy them. Rare and annoying, but you can)

Last edited:
Also doing away with all the dimantling and need to upgrade weapons to keep them relevant into end-game would end all of those complaints that the Tech attribute and Crafting Skill are essential to most builds. I mean seriously, if you want to help yourself in this game, you'll power Tech to level 18 and just keep dismantling and crafting and upgrading so that you'll have overpowered stuff LONG before end-game and keep the weapons you actually like to use. Well, there should never be an instance where ONE attribute is favored over all others because of its utility, and let's face it, this one is only regarded that way because of how the level-scaling and RNG work for our loot. It'll also end all the save scumming when it comes to crafting. How many people have seen or been in this scenario:

I really like this jacket, let's upgrade it to epic... shoot, it doesn't have a new mod slot, well better re-load that save and try again until it randomly does.

That's all because of the RNG and level-scaling, it's caused us to adopt habits we never should have. We shouldn't be powering Tech to max right away over any of the other attributes because better weapon stats out-paces our build progress with Attributes and Perks. We shouldn't be re-loading saves just to try and get the stats we want with a random crafting roll. This is actually quite terrible. Think of how much more agency you have over your character as far as looks and playstyle if this was all taken out.

I really like this jacket, let's upgrade it to epic... shoot, it doesn't have a new mod slot, well better re-load that save and try again until it randomly does.
A little detail :)
About crafting, this "problem" only concern Johnny clothes set, maybe the witcher clothes (reward) and maybe also the 2 new jackets added by the DLC. So few items (12 in total at max).
For everything else, like iconic weapons or any random clothes/weapons who you can craft, they always (I said "always") have the max mod slots possible (1 for rare, 2 epic and 3/4 for legendary). It's totally useless to reload a save if you decide to craft weapons and almost all the clothes... In short, it have nothing to do with "crafting". The same if you buy clothes/weapons, they always have the max of mod slots.

But about RNG for "loot" (and a few clothes when you upgrade them), the system of "random" mod slot is bad... But it have nothing to do with the "crafting part" of the game ;)

A little detail :)
About crafting, this "problem" only concern Johnny clothes set, maybe the witcher clothes (reward) and maybe also the 2 new jackets added by the DLC. So few items (12 in total at max).
For everything else, like iconic weapons or any random clothes/weapons who you can craft, they always (I said "always") have the max mod slots possible (1 for rare, 2 epic and 3/4 for legendary). It's totally useless to reload a save if you decide to craft weapons and almost all the clothes... In short, it have nothing to do with "crafting". The same if you buy clothes/weapons, they always have the max of mod slots.

But about RNG for "loot" (and a few clothes when you upgrade them), the system of "random" mod slot is bad... But it have nothing to do with the "crafting part" of the game ;)
I had wondered that, because I noticed it a LOT less than it used to be. And yes, that happens with the Witcher clothes and the new Jackets for sure, because that was the most recent offender. Why that isn't applied across the board... I don't know. Also, I would like this extended to Rare and Epic clothing as well, because it's a chore to have anything not get those slots and you'll be making them over and over again to try and get them or just pray for them to drop or show up in a shop. Like, Rare should just have 1 slot by default, and Epic should have 2... I suppose it could be a little different considering not all items come with 4 slots at legendary, so I hope that becomes more clear in the future.

I know that, it had to do with the RNG part of the game. I'm not sure what you mean here?

Yeah, maybe :)

But upgrading items doesn't require any skill at all, components yes obviously.
Protoype mark V is looted in legendary, you can upgrade it to level 50 without any tech/crafting skill. Or even overwatch in base version (rare) remains really powerful if you simply upgrade it. But you need components obviously.
Or you can buy good legendary weapons from weapon sellers if you really don't want deal with "crafting" at all.
Doing some upgrades was what I did on my first playthrough but upgrading doesn't give more mod slots. Thankfully they are not that necessary but for stealth builds handgun without a mod slot is useless as you can't then install silencer and sight mods also help with headshots. My end game build had crafting 7 or 9.

On my third playthrough it was combination of upgrades, finding good weapons and buying items from shops and those two playthroughs were both way better experiences than my second where I tried to get on this crafting thing.

Buy components in mass (it take 5 minutes at max), like I said, and clic on "upgrade" button at each level (50 times during the whole game at max), it's not "game breaking" nor the most annoying thing, I think at least :(
Sure as heck took more than 5 minutes from me on my last playthrough before meeting Hanako / (Don't Fear) the Reaper to upgrade two sniper rifles, one handgun, one shotgun and with my light machine gun I simply gave up. I was running around city buying components and looking for good light machine gun for almost half an hour. Really destroyed momentum I had going narratively.
What would bother me more would be if the vendors could improve the versions of the weapons.
Like pass Dying Night from uncommun to legendary for money, even if you don't have any skill. It would make having the benefits of crafting completely unnecessary (it could break all the crafting system).

Edit: And I don't think CDPR changes that, because now in 1.3, weapon and clothing mods are only craftable in higher version if you have the required skills (you can't craft epic armadillos without any crafting skills, but you can buy them. Rare and annoying, but you can)
No it wouldn't make crafting redundant, like I wrote and suggestion I made earlier in other topic, components + work would still billed from V unless V had those components. Crafting would have economical benefit over that.

But in the end it's about psychology. I fucking hated crafting build but it allowed me to do make some observations.

1. Loot and in game context, randomized loot enables positive experiences from time to time for some players. Getting something, being surprised about something, enables dopamine reaction in brain associated with pleasure.
2. Dopamine secretion is further extended by connecting loot mechanics to upgrade mechanics, user can craft in-game item, weapon or clothing for (uncertain) practical value, there are many items and gameplay reasons for user to keep in the loop (loop resets, but user stays in loop, cycle starts again, and it's possible that it may feel even more rewarding to user)

The problem with this mechanic is, that it's not universal. It doesn't do jack shit for us, we don't get on dopamine trip, and it's just frustrating banal boring repetition of task, running to stand still. Some users put it on other words, "feels more like work than fun". etc. We give different kind of feedback, because we are wired differently. It's story driven game, shouldn't be a surprise that there are quite a few of us that play it for story. Narratively it's beyond anything accomplished in a video game before, even though the Outer Worlds was very good too in that regard.

For product that needs to cover many bases, streamlining the process would do a lot of good and as psychology goes, no it wouldn't take anything from people who enjoy certain mechanical aspects, even if option there way take that path if that would be unsatisfying.

Health insurance... – This would be good for a survival playthrough, What happens when you run out of eddies? I feel this sort of death would not be viable in normal gameplay and if you cannot actually die due to lack of eddies, what is the point of health insurance.

Unfortunately I am not keen on GTA so many of your ideas I am not keen on but I hope modders can help provide many of your alternatives.

Anyway,.. my suggestion for a massive game improvement would be... 1 armadillo mod per piece of armour

I think CS554 is onto something here. The mechanics involved with loot and crafting are just too clunky and unrefined to carry much satisfaction. It's between two extremes: getting absolutely nothing (which can only result in components or eddies which just isn't exciting enough to merit that kind of disappointmet) or getting something so good that can make efforts of maintaining gear you like or made yourself worthless depending on how much you invested in your Tech.

If you get at least to Grease Monkey, which is level 7 if you had your starting Tech at 6, then rush through the first act, the first thing you can do is run right for Comrade's Hammer, and the game is essentially over. That gun will one-shot most things on a basic critical hit build, it can hit multiple opponents and shot through cover. There's also the Ashura, and in its legendary form it's a smart rifle that automatically targets heads with a high headshot damage amount and crit chance. It also sells for more than its component cost, turning it into a perpetual money machine as you make it, sell it, buy back the parts to make it and still come out with 800+ in profit.

On the other side of spectrum, if you don't put hardly any points in Tech, you're entirely at the mercy of RNG and level-scaling. Legendary items you find will always start below your level, and mods you can place in them must be bought from shops or found, and will rely on your Street Cred for how effective they are.

In both instances, this becomes a bit of a grind, and the results of the work really don't feel good to play around with. You're either breaking the game or dealing with it's random mess to try and get something decent out of it. Not to mention, we would expect loot to behave this way in a looter-shooter like Borderlands, or a very loot driven game like Diablo. This wasn't really marketed that way, we expected a system that wouldn't be so dependent on luck or a heavy investment from us outside of the skills we saw relevant for our character. A gun fighter wouldn't always know how craft weapons and armor, they'd just be good with guns. The fact that our guns are less dependent on our Perks and skill level as much as they are the level-scaling takes that entire concept away, we're not really picking our stuff for roleplay, we're picking it almost out of necessity. That's where it all falls apart.

@CS554
@LeKill3rFou

No it wouldn't make crafting redundant, like I wrote and suggestion I made earlier in other topic, components + work would still billed from V unless V had those components. Crafting would have economical benefit over that.

But in the end it's about psychology. I fucking hated crafting build but it allowed me to do make some observations.

1. Loot and in game context, randomized loot enables positive experiences from time to time for some players. Getting something, being surprised about something, enables dopamine reaction in brain associated with pleasure.
2. Dopamine secretion is further extended by connecting loot mechanics to upgrade mechanics, user can craft in-game item, weapon or clothing for (uncertain) practical value, there are many items and gameplay reasons for user to keep in the loop (loop resets, but user stays in loop, cycle starts again, and it's possible that it may feel even more rewarding to user)

The problem with this mechanic is, that it's not universal. It doesn't do jack shit for us, we don't get on dopamine trip, and it's just frustrating banal boring repetition of task, running to stand still. Some users put it on other words, "feels more like work than fun". etc. We give different kind of feedback, because we are wired differently. It's story driven game, shouldn't be a surprise that there are quite a few of us that play it for story. Narratively it's beyond anything accomplished in a video game before, even though the Outer Worlds was very good too in that regard.

For product that needs to cover many bases, streamlining the process would do a lot of good and as psychology goes, no it wouldn't take anything from people who enjoy certain mechanical aspects, even if option there way take that path if that would be unsatisfying.
I'm not going to go that far in the analysis... For it to be "pleasant" for some (like me), it must be "useful". And it seems difficult to me to get both at the same time. If it's not "useful" like in Outer Worlds where Obsidian was clearly inspired by the Bethesda system, the loot system falls completely flat (for me anyway). In short, you look in the inventory of enemies if there is a weapon in "excellent condition" or "unique", if not, you leave everything on the ground (except at the beginning where you need a little "stock" of weapon/armor parts). So the vast majority of times, looting is totally useless (if enemies did not drop any loot, it won't change the game, finally).

So if you could "just" pay instead in Cyberpunk, that would break the point (for me at least). Basically, why bother picking up, dismantling, crafting, upgrading and investing perk points if you can just pay instead.
In the idea, this is > "Why climb the thousand steps of a staircase if you can take the elevator"

So in Cyberpunk, it's "useful" but not as "essential" as it can be in Borderlands. It's why I said, Cyberpunk is a bit halfway between "totally unnecessary" and "mandatory".

But yeah, I understand it could be a pain for some players, but you can't please everyone. I think, like many things :(

Top Bottom