My old witcher 3 1.60 saves are not recognised by the 4.00 ps4 version.

+
I wanted to use cross-progression in order to get my old saves on the ps5 version of the game. The problem is, all my old saves are 1.60 so I literally can't use these saves because they are not compatible with the current ps4 4.00 version of the game. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to wait for a patch?

In theory, you should load a save that you want to transfert on the PS4 version of the game, save again to create a new one in 4.0 version, then you should be able to transfert it on PS5 version of the game.
But as far as I understand, there are some issues about saves on Playstation :(
So if you can't even load a PS4 saves created on the previous version of the game (on PS4 version 4.0), I highly suggest to report it to the support ("Contact Us" button).

Just like me it stuck on v1.62 (Region 3 Asia) I don't know if CDPR will release a patch v4.00 for some affected region or just ignoring us. I already sent an email about this issue but no answer.

I have the same issue. I Saved my Witcher 3 on PS4 (vanilla disk version) in 2020 which I No longer have. Saves are in the stored on my PS Plus account, but when I download them to the PS5 they are not recognized and they end up in a different folder than the downloaded data from cloud. I’m using another vanilla disc version, so it should be compatible. How to use the ‘Contact Us’ button.

How to use the ‘Contact Us’ button.
On the page, at the bottom, in red ;)
(both come from the same region and are the same game version "base & base" ? not base & GOTY ?)

On the page, at the bottom, in red ;)
(both come from the same region and are the same game version "base & base" ? not base & GOTY ?)
Thank You.
Definetly both „base”. Region 2. The Saves were made on a version of the game i bought on Day One. The box was in Polish, but the one I’m using is in English. Shouldnt be an issue though No?

Definetly both „base”. Region 2. The Saves were made on a version of the game i bought on Day One. The box was in Polish, but the one I’m using is in English. Shouldnt be an issue though No?
No, I could be wrong, but languages are set and "saved" in the game.

Still showing 2 game folders and no saves are seen within the los menu in the game (pod menu doesn’t even come ip/ Help please.

I am playing in N.American region. After updating to 4.00, linking GOG and enabling cross platform, none of my manual saves are present. The only saves available are auto saves and checkpoints. 100+ hours on Death March for a platinum trophy on PS4 and poof, nothing.
My PlayStation cloud luckily has my recent manual saves though, but even after downloading them, they don’t show up in the Load Game menu.
Additionally it crashes when going through the saves

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 111
I am playing in N.American region. After updating to 4.00, linking GOG and enabling cross platform, none of my manual saves are present. The only saves available are auto saves and checkpoints. 100+ hours on Death March for a platinum trophy on PS4 and poof, nothing.
My PlayStation cloud luckily has my recent manual saves though, but even after downloading them, they don’t show up in the Load Game menu.
Contact them and send them a message with these pictures attached. They might not respond now because Christmas

I wanted to use cross-progression in order to get my old saves on the ps5 version of the game. The problem is, all my old saves are 1.60 so I literally can't use these saves because they are not compatible with the current ps4 4.00 version of the game. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to wait for a patch?
Keep deleting old saves until the latest one appears. This happened to me. It seems the game keeps stacking saves and checkpoints endlessly.

Keep deleting old saves until the latest one appears. This happened to me. It seems the game keeps stacking saves and checkpoints endlessly.
That's not the issue. My witcher 3 game of the year (ps4 version) 4.00 isn't recognising my 1.60 saves. When I downloaded the ps5 next gen update and also downloaded the ps4 version of the game, I opened the ps4 to use cross-progression but the saves didn't show up. That's because CDPR fucked up and made it so the old 1.60 saves are not compatibile with the 4.00 version the game. So I had to play the whole witcher 3 on the ps5 from the beginning again. Now i ran into another game breaking problem which is being unable to talk to Avallac'h in the final preparations quest. CDPR really needs to learn what play testing means because they keep ruining their games with stupid bugs. Unless you made a mistake and replied to me instead of faultyplans
Post automatically merged:

Check what Monstaser94 said. Make sure you back them up first because who knows what might happen to those saves. Use a USB or if you have ps plus then upload it do the cloud storage. Delete all the save datas that are not 4.00 and especially the user settings save from the old version. That's what causes the errors. Back them up incase CDPR fixes them so you won't lose them.

Last edited:
Same problem. I solved it by deleting old saves and checkpoints and the latest manual save eventually appeared and adjusting screen border finally disappeared. Still, you'll need to delete old checkpoints from time to time. It's annoying.

hi all, i have the same problem since the 4.0 update which took place on december 24th. I can't manually save the game and when I die the checkpoints don't work and I have to repeat missions countless times hoping that an autosave will appear. Having said that in the Ps4 settings my manual saves appear but the game is unable to load them. I'm desperate.
I will now try what Montaser94 recommended and update you. Have others solved it in other ways?
I've also tried cross-progression, but I get a single save slot that I would have to continually overwrite. I don't understand how I could use it.
Thank you

Update:
after backup I deleted all 1.60 saves, but the problem persists.

I only found this and no updates.

Latest update: as suggested by Montaser94, I reluctantly deleted all saves except the last one. for now the problem is solved. I wait for cd project to solve the problem in a definitive way and to be able to reload my saves cause I am used to time jumps and this solution tears me apart inside. Thanks all

Attachments

• Schermata 2023-01-01 alle 16.47.48.png
    Schermata 2023-01-01 alle 16.47.48.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I've also tried cross-progression, but I get a single save slot that I would have to continually overwrite. I don't understand how I could use it.
In theory, cross-progression is only useful to transfert your progression between different platforms.
It only allow you to upload the most recent save, whatever the platform. It's only to continu your playthrough on another platform and not to transfert all of your saves (GOG provide a little server space to host your very last save for free).
In short, you can start playing on PS4, then switch on your PC to continu to play, then return on your PS4 to continu to play (it's not a "Cloud" to backup your saves and settings as Steam Cloud or Xbox Live)

In theory, cross-progression is only useful to transfert your progression between different platforms.
It only allow you to upload the most recent save, whatever the platform. It's only to continu your playthrough on another platform and not to transfert all of your saves (GOG provide a little server space to host your very last save for free).
In short, you can start playing on PS4, then switch on your PC to continu to play, then return on your PS4 to continu to play (it's not a "Cloud" to backup your saves and settings as Steam Cloud or Xbox Live)
Thanks for this clarification, I didn't realize it was just for this. In the situation I found myself in, I tried all possible methods to try to load the saves. :')

Thanks for this clarification, I didn't realize it was just for this. In the situation I found myself in, I tried all possible methods to try to load the saves. :')
When you click "load game" do you get a lot of checkpoints, like every 10 minutes there is a checkpoint? In my case I deleted unwanted checkpoints even from 4.00 as well so latest saves appeared for me. If you have a lot of saves and checkpoints, I think you'll have to delete some saves regardless of the version to make space for new saves. I found all my saves that never appeared when doing this. Make sure you delete the oldest checkpoints.

When you click "load game" do you get a lot of checkpoints, like every 10 minutes there is a checkpoint? In my case I deleted unwanted checkpoints even from 4.00 as well so latest saves appeared for me. If you have a lot of saves and checkpoints, I think you'll have to delete some saves regardless of the version to make space for new saves. I found all my saves that never appeared when doing this. Make sure you delete the oldest checkpoints.
I tried initially deleting only the 1.6 saves to no avail. Later I alternately deleted many saves, reducing them to the very minimum, but even that didn't help. I solved it in the end by deleting all the saves, except the most recent one. In this way the possibility to make manual saves has reappeared to me and also the various checkpoints have reappeared in the save screen. (Before I only saw checkpoints through the ps4 main menu, I didn't see them in the game menu).

I still have problems with my saves from version 1.6, I'm on newgame+, platinuming the game, after the update, as I progress through the campaign, my saves are getting corrupted, as shown in the attached photo, automatic saves are overwriting manual saves. I'm very dissatisfied with this update, it's been almost two months and a simple bug like that still hasn't been resolved, absurd!
IMG_20230204_082122472.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Top Bottom