My Penis Disappeared!

+
Like almost everything else with regards to communication about the state of the game prior to release it seems, CDPR have done a poor job at addressing this. CDPR did not have to add full nudity into the game but they chose to, and they told the community that it was going to be there. Now that the game's actually been released, and after a comment from a CDPR representative, it's clear that it's been censored. If they hadn't been the ones to make a point of it to begin with I wouldn't care that it is missing, but they did and I do.

Did CDPR communicate that this was going to be the case before release? No.
Have CDPR given any explanation as to why this change was made? No.
Is the censorship even subtle? No. Big pants.

What the hell is the point of being able to customize your character's genitals and pubic hair if they're always covered with underwear, and not only underwear but uncustomizable and quite conservative underwear? See, this is part of my problem with this; if the censorship had just been something like a subtle blur, at least it wouldn't have been immersion breaking when you use the shower or a mirror, for characters with female genitalia at least. Nope, can't do that though. Big, obvious, pants.

This stinks of ratings board or console manufacturer interference and puritanism, but it also stinks that CDPR have stayed quiet about it.

The question is why don't they give some explanation why they took the FEATURES that was meant to be in game and first person view.

I am wondering why?
Who's responsible for this decision and the reason?

Nudity was a not a driving factor for me in purchasing this game. I have loved the concept of cyberpunk since the old sega and snes days of playing Shadowrun so there was literally no chance that I would not get this game on launch since I LOVE cyberpunk themes.

HOWEVER with it being officially stated that nudity would not be available during free roam however, I am trying to figure out how this would not be considered fraud on the CDPR's marketing campaign. It is clear false advertisement on the part of CDPR for perpetuating the news articles that were clearing saying nudity would be a BIG important factor to the game. This seems to not be the case. If there is no nudity in free roam how can it be considered a big important part of the game? Even though the nudity factor was not a big purchasing point for me I am sure it was for others since that was literally a huge part of the in new articles and reviews released for the game...

If nudity was never mentioned in their marketing I would not be angry, but I feel like we need to be mad about this otherwise people will keep getting away with false advertising. CDPR needs to be held accountable for their fraudulent actions here...

It's confirmed by the Red that it's intentional and not a bug. So much for full nudity, why do you have the toggle then? Feels so pointless.

It does seem to make the nudity toggle kind of pointless. And the decision makes no sense giving that there's plenty of nudity elsewhere in the game, even in your face during one of the early missions. Forcing it on your character seems more like an oversight rather than a deliberate decision. If they really did decide to force underwear on purpose I just don't know what to say.

Nudity was a not a driving factor for me in purchasing this game. I have loved the concept of cyberpunk since the old sega and snes days of playing Shadowrun so there was literally no chance that I would not get this game on launch since I LOVE cyberpunk themes.

HOWEVER with it being officially stated that nudity would not be available during free roam however, I am trying to figure out how this would not be considered fraud on the CDPR's marketing campaign. It is clear false advertisement on the part of CDPR for perpetuating the news articles that were clearing saying nudity would be a BIG important factor to the game. This seems to not be the case. If there is no nudity in free roam how can it be considered a big important part of the game? Even though the nudity factor was not a big purchasing point for me I am sure it was for others since that was literally a huge part of the in new articles and reviews released for the game...

If nudity was never mentioned in their marketing I would not be angry, but I feel like we need to be mad about this otherwise people will keep getting away with false advertising. CDPR needs to be held accountable for their fraudulent actions here...
I wish there'd be something to do to ASK FOR WHY and HOW to return it (if possible).

It was a dick move. Why can't they just answer and give some explanation.

Even the prostitute in witcher 3 is WAY MORE than in cyberpunk.

You know, the first time I heard about this game going full nudity, I was awed. There never has been a game bold enough to offer this... feature. That's why I pre ordered and even patiently waited for more than A YEAR with delays after delays. *sigh*

I knew it's too good to be true. :shrug:

And now we can't even refund this game, nice.

Seeing this topic being addressed a second time now. I love how openly this gets addressed - finally the world is moving forward. Am I just too old? I remember how cramped up the world got when GTA had some sex scenes in the data that didn't even appear within the game without mods :D

+1 for genital freedom. Wohoo \o/
Yeah, too bad they bent the knee to the ESRB...

You know, the first time I heard about this game going full nudity, I was awed. There never has been a game bold enough to offer this... feature. That's why I pre ordered and even patiently waited for more than A YEAR with delays after delays. *sigh*

I knew it's too good to be true. :shrug:

And now we can't even refund this game, nice.

From what I can tell it seems to allow refunding still on my steam account. Since I do not want to refund I do not what to see what happens with I hit the last button though (perhaps it will get shot down but I imagine false advertising/fraud would allow for a bigger window of return options than other reasons)... if you bought on steam and feel that strongly I say see what happens if you refund it (worse that can happen is it gets rejected and you then go directly to CDPR to make them make run in circles). I am looking into the best avenues in properly reporting the false advertisement claims so might get back when I find something there. Is this something that we just go straight to the FTC on and see what comes of it or is there a better avenue. guaranteed that CDPR made a significant amount of money based on their overhype of nudity claims and they really need to answer for it.

There's plenty of nudity elsewhere including the inventory screen so I don't think it's an ESRB issue.

Ah, but there's a difference there. The camera's quite far from the character on the inventory screen, and all you can do is rotate the model. In photo mode you have full camera control though, and can zoom right in there. This is exactly the kind of petty thing ratings boards get their panties in a bunch about. Not all nudity is the same as far as ratings boards are concerned.

Top Bottom