My personal works

+
My personal works

Since everyone here is shamelessly plugging themselves, I thought I would jump in :p
Important note is that I didn't model the terminator head( was provided by the course I was attending), I did do the shading however( in Renderman)

By day I have an office job and by night I like doing character sculpting ( digitally), although I am not yet where I would like to be skill wise, it is presentable.
I just put some of my work in a collage
C&C is welcome
View attachment 529

Here is a turntable of a character(Auron):

Attachments

• compiledwork_scale.jpg
    compiledwork_scale.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 76
Really good quality stuff! Although you could do better on presentation. Paint/texture that auron guy, and take closeup shots from it and do little color enhancing by photoshop or something.

Thanks guys
@ adtrb: I just chucked some stuff together I wasn't really looking at the composition, I also have a hard time finishing stuff ( to me it is never good enough ;) ), I have done some shading/textures on Auron ( which you can see in the image I posted, here is some preliminairy shading I did on the model earlier:
View attachment 533

Attachments

• AURON_WIP_01.jpg
    AURON_WIP_01.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 207
I believe, that fanart should be related to the theme, in our case - cyberpunk. If you want to share your art with the world, visit ConceptArt.org, GameArtisans.org or Polycount.com. There's difference between plugging yourself and posting fan art.

As for that character... I feel, that colorscheme mostly wrong, colors do not complement each other well. Textures are quite dull, and I can't tell for sure if it's actually prepared and refined asset or unretopologized polypainted zbrush model. Probably the latter. The inital mesh was promising. Also it's hard to define materials, such as his' shoulderplate. If you want to depict metal, use large strokes and a lot of trimming brushes in zbrush for hard surface, and small-sized brushstrokes to show cracks and rough edges. Also his flask is just hanging there, with no straps on the last image. Wish you luck in further practice.

@Seraph:

I respect your opinion about where to post your art, but obviously I have had a slightly different opinion Auron is slightly cyberpunkish though :)

The last image I posted was just a quick test, the one in my first image is a screengrab from MARI ( orthographic view), character I created is based on this one:
http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2424/20534/wallpaper-final-fantasy-x-auron001-1024.jpg
So blame the conceptartist on the colormix :)
The last one is retopologized, but I redid some stuff because just like you I didn't like it.
I forgot to import a lot of small stuf, when I did an initial test so that is why the flask is hanging out there.
For metal I mostly use hpolish and trim dynamic brushes ( sometimes a clipping box)

You also know ( since you work in the games industry) that the high poly sculpt 9-10 looks better than the final normal mapped endresult ( especially silhouette so of course the high poly looked better.

I do agree that I need more practice, but any artist would say the same ( you're never done in this line of bussines :p )

Thanks for the comments though

Top Bottom