My perspective on "needed" gameplay changes after almost 400 hours of playtime.

+
First of all, I obviously enjoy the game. On my 4th playthrough.

Here's the most needed things (I think) for the game to be more fun than I'm already having, these gameplay changes change in how much time it will take to implement, others may be more than others. (And yes, I realize some of these might have already been said a million times and that the dev's are already aware of it)

Let's count em down bois.

1: Wall running/wall grapple. We saw this in the gameplay reveal, and personally I was incredibly excited for this, and so, in turn, incredibly disappointed to see it gone. This would make free roaming even more fun, especially added with the double jump.

It could be implemented as a perk in the athletics tree. Maybe even in the mid to high tier level stages, around level 13-16 in my opinion. But this is where it would be difficult to implement the mantis blades wall-hang feature with it. So, here's another idea.

New legs. This would obviously come as a part of either a free DLC, or a greater DLC expansion. New legs that allow for your feet to grip to the walls, and if you have the mantis blades installed, you could have it work with this. You could even make epic/legendary leg variants of this, like the double jump legs that allow hover and charge jump. So you could get a legendary pair of legs that allow for wall running, and then either charge jump off, or double jump off.

2: Better police. This one has been said to death already, and the devs are aware of this, and I would be surprised if they weren't working on improving this massively. I suggest basic stuff like car chases, and if you get to the max stars point, MAX-TAC could be hunting you down in their MAX-TAC police vehicle, putting up roadblocks, having the police mech stand at roadblocks, stuff like this. Really feel like you're being hunted down.

Adding to car chases, I think it would be cool if we could shoot pistols/SMGs while driving. Just a thought.

3: Multiple knifes thrown. This one is something we should have for the ninjutsu perk tree. Knife throwing has already been improved, but I think it needs a little more work for it to be a 100% viable on it's own method of playing if people want to go the full ninja route. Adding the ability to throw multiple knives at either once, or being able to throw multiple in a row one after another.

I also saw a different take on this one, adding throwing knives to the grenade inventory. So instead of having to equip it as it's own thing, it would be a addon to your arsenal like grenades. So you could in essence be slicing people with a katana, turn around for an enemy that's either far away sniping, or someone starting to rush you with a melee weapon, and just put a fast one between their eyes. And yes, i can see how this could defeat the purpose of the recently implemented knife return feature.

4: Better monowire features. I can think of a few ways this could be improved or add interesting gameplay. The ability to pull enemies perched on up high like snipers. Or pull enemies to make them fall could be an interesting way to use it. I could also see it being a grapple feature, where you could grapple yourself close towards an enemy. Even add a crit damage feature where when you grapple towards an enemy and deal lethal damage while doing it, you could slice their head off.

Here's another idea. Like the remote hacking feature, a remote people hack/control feature. Like jacking into a lower level enemy from a distance, and taking control of them. This would obviously have a cooldown added to it. This could also add a interesting way to play, since if you spec into monowire and snipers (just an example) you jack into an enemy and have to use their weapon, therefor you would also get to use different weapons, as I know from my own playtimes I dont always even equip most of the weapons I pickup, and just take them directly to a vendor or dismantle them. And only keep the ones with the better stats that work for my current playstyle. This way players might see/use unique and cool weapons they'd otherwise just ignore.

5: Vendors, ads and consumables. This was shown in the gameplay reveal. The whole "interactive ads" is something I also thought would be interesting. With this we would need for all the vendors in the world to actually be usable and not just be static vendors like they are currently. I have already seen a mod that allows you to use the vendors around in the open world, so i don't imagine this being a big issue if a modder was able to enable the feature a couple of months after release. With the implementation of interactive ads.

We would need a rebalance of consumables, with better features/stats. Right now I personally just sell most, if not all consumables since they dont give me a drastic boost to my stats, or cool features, like how kerenzikov was a consumable in the gameplay reveal. Just spitting ideas off of the top of my head. A consumable that allows you to enter the net, and like the previously mentioned monowire feature, would allow you to enter the net (like in the scenes in the net with Johnny Silverhand). Walk up to an enemy and enter their body for a short period of time and take control.

Another one could work like second heart. A consumable you ingest, and for 10 seconds, if you take lethal damage, you would be revived with lets say 25% health left.

Third one I can think of would be an illegal consumable that allows you for lets say 30 seconds to jump higher (higher than the boost legs), run faster, faster melee attacks, damage boost, better damage resistance, decreased fall damage, at the cost of lets say, a nerf to stats for the next minute, after it has worn off.

These are just some of the ones I could think of while writing this post. I'm sure gameplay designers or other forum members could come up with more interesting ideas for consumables.

6: Choices in missions. This one was also shown in the gameplay reveal trailer, and I think the game could use this a lot. This would obviously be one of the more difficult ones to implement. Like the different ways to enter compounds etc with either hacking, force, technical ability etc.

I already know some missions have ways of getting through areas in different ways like this, but I feel like more interesting ways of going through missions/compounds are needed.

These are some of the more critical/interesting ones (to me at least). Other ones I could pop off fast would be customizable vehicles, more customizable weapons/attachments, more attachments for cyberware (throwing knife like ability with mantis blades, allowing you to shoot a blade/blades at enemies with them returning after a cooldown as an example).

I hope any of my feedback is useful/interesting to other users or developers of the game. As stated, I am obviously enjoying the game. These are just some of the interesting/needed features I myself see as being interesting or cool.

I hope you all have a great day, and thank you for reading. Post other ideas or critique below in the comments!

Agreed. I also believe that the food you buy shouldn't only be an item. If you go to a restaurant you should have an animation eating the food you bought, or when you go to a bar you could have an animation drinking the item you bought. I also want to be able to pass out when drinking like 500 bottles of alcohol and not just have a drunk effect for 1 minute. Not the most important thing in the world, but is a nice touch.

1: Wall running/wall grapple. We saw this in the gameplay reveal, and personally I was incredibly excited for this, and so, in turn, incredibly disappointed to see it gone. This would make free roaming even more fun, especially added with the double jump.

It could be implemented as a perk in the athletics tree. Maybe even in the mid to high tier level stages, around level 13-16 in my opinion. But this is where it would be difficult to implement the mantis blades wall-hang feature with it. So, here's another idea.

New legs. This would obviously come as a part of either a free DLC, or a greater DLC expansion. New legs that allow for your feet to grip to the walls, and if you have the mantis blades installed, you could have it work with this. You could even make epic/legendary leg variants of this, like the double jump legs that allow hover and charge jump. So you could get a legendary pair of legs that allow for wall running, and then either charge jump off, or double jump off.
As far as I understand, way to difficult to add... It would require to rework all the hitboxes of objects on walls (like ads, bilboards...) and maybe add plenty "invisible" walls to lock some areas. Maybe better to forget that right now ;)

Top Bottom