My Prop Efforts

+
My Prop Efforts

So I'm an artist and sculptor, and I've found myself more inspired by the Witcher 2 than any other game before it. I've decided, as a little side-project, to make some of the artefacts found in the game.

I started, of course, with the medallion, and have recently moved on to some of the ingredients and harvestables. Some of them aren't quite finished but I've been so anxious to get them on here and see what people think.

The images often show the clay master I sculpted first and then the final cast piece, they're all cast in appropriate materials for the feel of the piece, e.g. for flesh I've used special effects silicone.

I hope you guys like what I've done, I have some big ideas in terms of both props and costume that I will put into action if the general concensus is that the world would benefit from more Witcher props :).

So (although I'd hope fans would know what they are) we have:

The Witcher Medallion (genuine metal)
A Cortinarius Mushroom (foam rubber)
An Endrega Embryo (silicone)
A Nekker Heart (silicone)

Thanks for reading, Ian.

I'm not sure what you mean? They are a little blunted for safety, and sloped at the back so they don't snap off when you remove the mould, do either of those things explain it?

Oh! what a great job! I'm truly amazed. Especially I love the ideo of embryo light LOL
What material did you use for that?

On another note, you may want to share your works with The Witcher community of artists we have on DeviantArt. Named The Witcher DamNation. You find a direct link to the group here below, in my signature. Click on the orange sign :)

Thanks for the comments, means a lot coming from people who are such talented artists in their own right. Believe it or not the Embryo wasn't actually the most complex in terms of materials used.. Just translucent silicone and a few choice pigments, had a hell of a time getting the balance right though I can tell you!

ScaryProps said:
Thanks for the comments, means a lot coming from people who are such talented artists in their own right. Believe it or not the Embryo wasn't actually the most complex in terms of materials used.. Just translucent silicone and a few choice pigments, had a hell of a time getting the balance right though I can tell you!
I betcha. I sucks as sculptor and I can't work anything else except clay. But the result is great. I'd like to have one on my shelf :)

They look amazing. I as well love the glowing embryo. Didn't expect to come across something like that :) Medallion looks great too

Thanks Arosus :), and really secondchildren? I was just making this stuff for myself really, you think it could sell?

ScaryProps said:
Thanks Arosus :), and really secondchildren? I was just making this stuff for myself really, you think it could sell?
If you wish to sell them, you should seriously contact CDP coz it's their own copyright, not yours. Oterwise, I think it's a copyright infringement (or whatever you call it) :)
Have you ever considered to ask them?

secondchildren said:
If you wish to sell them, you should seriously contact CDP coz it's their own copyright, not yours. Oterwise, I think it's a copyright infringement (or whatever you call it) :)
Have you ever considered to ask them?

That sounds pretty sensible! Any idea how a person goes about talking to CDP?

Top Bottom