My PTSD is kicking in. Hopefully will be remedied "soon"

+
I hope to share a roadmap soon with you :)

Roadmap coming next week!

Hey everyone,

Like I promised, the roadmap for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is coming! I’ll be dropping some major news soon, but I need to ask you for your patience, as the team needs more time to lock things down. What I can say now is that GWENT is coming home. You’ll soon get to know what that means exactly.

In the meantime, I have two announcements about April in GWENT:

April 17th will bring an update featuring Faction Board Skins and Premium Cards — 35 in total if you count the tokens for Shupe. We’re focusing on bug fixes and stability — especially on consoles.

In the middle of April, we’ll be holding a Premium Keg Weekend, so keep an eye on that and save your kegs!

Talk to you soon! The wait is just a tiny bit longer!

Paweł Burza
Community Manager

April 2018

It's linked to a couple things, more info coming soon. We're also working on a road map and hopefully we can share it soon with you!

November 2019

I remember expecting some detailed news from the april 2018 road map since it had been delayed 2 times. What we got was a single image with like 25 words on it.

It was just this lol:
1573999723548.png

CDPR gave as little information as possible because if they told everyone the truth, that they were deleting the game and changing every single card ability, people would have been upset. I know i would have protested more if I knew what was coming with Homecoming.

EDIT: Also what was with the "RE-focusing on core players" and "Focusing on skill and player agency"?
The game moved in the opposite direction of those things and got dumbed down considerably...

EDIT: Also what was with the "RE-focusing on core players"
I think they meant they were focusing on finding a new set of core players...

Let's face it, as a business, which players are more valuable to CDPR now? Long-term players from Beta Gwent who already spent their money and no longer need to buy anything, or the untapped potential of the new mobile players who don't already have lots of resources?

The new players also have the advantage of not knowing anything about the other versions of Gwent that existed before Homecoming, so complain a lot less.

It's quite possible that the plan was already to re-imagine Gwent in its new form as a mobile based game when they made those announcements back then. Our role was just to keep the game ticking over until the mobile version was successfully released. As such, we have served our purpose and are no longer as valuable.

I knew something was fishy about this "roadmap". I never would have guessed they would literally throw two of their supported platforms to the curb and hardly try to make it right at all. The one time account migration is at least a silver lining for some players but it absolutely does not make this fair to these players. I can't see this as anything other than unethical. To say you are going to support a platform and then after years of players giving you their time and money you just one day say no we are done. You can move platforms or f off. I don't expect this kind of treatment from any gaming company. It's even stranger coming from a company with a supposedly good reputation.

So what's the ethical way here? Bleeding money for console support until the last player stopped playing?

A) Don't abandon the platforms you committed to and players have used for YEARS.

B) Give some kind of adequate compensation to the people you are screwing over. Most other companies would offer refunds. IMO the least they can do is give some amount of kegs/crafting materials since so many players won't be able to play the game for a period of time due to them abandoning their platform on short notice. I for one will not be able to play until the Android release unless CDPR wants to buy me a new PC that can run Gwent just as well as my Xbox did.

Guest 4341922

A) Don't abandon the platforms you committed to and players have used for YEARS.

B) Give some kind of adequate compensation to the people you are screwing over. Most other companies would offer refunds. IMO the least they can do is give some amount of kegs/crafting materials since so many players won't be able to play the game for a period of time due to them abandoning their platform on short notice. I for one will not be able to play until the Android release unless CDPR wants to buy me a new PC that can run Gwent just as well as my Xbox did.
But you can play until the release of Android and then switch.
And if you wanted console to stay active, you - and every other console player - should have bought more stuff on those platforms. It seems like you are not aware what happens to live service games once they stop generating enough income. Expecting a company to bleed money so that a few players can continue to play on that platform, and on top of that as the only acceptable alternative giving out refunds, for a not profitable platform, is quite entitled. CDPR's accountants would rather jump out of a window than finalize a refund like that :D
I mean, what do oyu think will happen, once corporate CDPR doesn't want to carry the expenses for Gwent overall. The game will be shut down entirely, like so many other live service games before it. But instead keeping that simple fact in mind for your spending habits, you spent so much that a server shutdown hurts you. To be honest, that's your own fault :shrug:

But you can play until the release of Android and then switch.

Please don't pretend console players can just play the game for the next six months like everything's normal. Not getting any updates is bad enough but on top of that I don't think you understand how bad the wait times would be with so few players. I tried playing Gwent on consoles only back when they allowed that (and the game was more popular) and the wait times were bad back then. It would be unplayable in it's current state. Gwent on console is dead.

And if you wanted console to stay active, you - and every other console player - should have bought more stuff on those platforms.

Oh yeah blame the players. The fans of the game are the ones at fault here for CDPR choosing to support consoles and then abandoning them a year after release. CDPR have hardly supported consoles and treated them badly most of the time. Homecoming hurt the playerbase bad and I understood why. Sitting around for 7 months sucked just to get homecoming which was terrible at release.

It seems like you are not aware what happens to live service games once they stop generating enough income. Expecting a company to bleed money so that a few players can continue to play on that platform, and on top of that as the only acceptable alternative giving out refunds, for a not profitable platform, is quite entitled. CDPR's accountants would rather jump out of a window than finalize a refund like that :D
I mean, what do oyu think will happen, once corporate CDPR doesn't want to carry the expenses for Gwent overall. The game will be shut down entirely, like so many other live service games before it. But instead keeping that simple fact in mind for your spending habits, you spent so much that a server shutdown hurts you. To be honest, that's your own fault :shrug:

Oh yeah I am sooooo entitled because I trusted a developer to not abandon the platforms they put their games out on. It's my fault that they released on consoles and only a year after release said WHOOPS we don't care about this platform anymore. Move to something else or goodbye. CDPR made many bad decisions which led to their problems with the player base. It's certainly not the fault of the fans they do have on consoles. Now many of those fans won't be able to play Gwent for months. But that's their fault right? It's their dumb fault for trusting CDPR.

I said nothing about spending too much on this game so don't make assumptions.

Let's keep the tone respectful and polite, please. I understand completely why people are upset by this, and there are good arguments both ways. Don't start becoming personal.

Top Bottom