My Reaction to the Cyberpunk trailer and The Witcher 3 speculation

+
My Reaction to the Cyberpunk trailer and The Witcher 3 speculation

This was me reacting to seeing the cyberpunk trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw&sns=em

Anyone have videos of "your" reactions?

My initial reaction was a holy fucking shit, but due to the music ( fitting but not electronic-y enough) and the fishing basket Psycho Cop is wearing on his thigh...wtf?, it was downgraded to a meager holy shit. I'm quite satisfied though. Any reservation about the art design have been quashed. It looks really good.

I loved it. So until we have more TW3 news to talk about, this forum is going to go more quite now with having Afterlife.

but due to the music ( fitting but not electronic-y enough)
I do not agree. The music was perfect, I love the fact that it was not just pure noise. Futuristic theme does not mean that music is dead.

Has anyone noticed CDPR's trailers/teasers are the best?

P.S. The second it is available for preorder, I'll order it. And The Witcher 3. HOLY S*IT! Can't wait!

arkblazer said:
Was more excited with that hidden message than with the trailer.

Still good though.

The trailer got me giddy with excitement for Cyberpunk, but then the hidden message pretty much confirming the announcement of The Witcher 3 was the cherry on top. It is going to be exciting times for the next couple of years in anticipation of these titles.

At first I was sceptical, but I watched it for the first time on my phone while driving through a little snowstorm deep in the Masurian forests with the car sliding on icy road.

Then I watched it in HD at home. I wasn't convinced about the music as many others. Then I read more about cyberpsychos and MAX TAC squads:

Night City’s Psychosquad (MAX-TAC) is a special police unit that responds to situations involving cyborgs that go crazy (cyberpsychosis). They often “recruit” from the pool of cyborgs that go crazy, by reprogramming them to serve in the Psychosquad and save people to pay for their former crimes. That’s what you’re seeing in the trailer. It’s playback of how a female MAX-TAC officer became part of the squad.

and then I read the lyrics for the trailer's song:

Come touch me like I'm an ordinary man
Have a look in my eyes
Underneath my skin there is violence
Got a gun in its hand
Ready to make sense of
Anyone anything

Black holes living in the side of your face
Razor wire spinning around your blistering sky
Bullets are the beauty of the blistering sky
Bullets are the beauty and I don't know why

Personal responsibility

Confine me let me be the lesser of a beautiful man

Without the blood on his hands
Come and make me a martyr
Come and break my feeling
With your violence with the gun to my head
Ready to take out anyone anywhere

and then it all came together and blew my mind. The whole song clips the trailer together, first part describing the uncontrolled violence of the cyberpsycho girl that happend a few moments before, while the last paragraph describes the process of drawing her into Psycho Squad forces, trying to pay off the guilt and the crimes she committed.

"Confine me let me be the lesser of a beautiful man
 without the blood on his hands" - she augmented herself to the point where she's beautiful and powerful, but she feels guilty about the killing the cybernetics bring when cyberpsychosis takes control. It's so cyberpunk-ish, describing where technology and upgrades can get you.

Also, the "personal responsibility" line repeated over and over...is she responsible? Or was it the cyborg in her that did this? How is she supposed to live with it?I think it all touches the kind of ambiguous moral themes that CDPR is famous for. I can't wait how they expand it.

gregski said:
Then I watched it in HD at home. I wasn't convinced about the music as many others. Then I read more about cyberpsychos and MAX TAC squads:
[...]

and then it all came together and blew my mind. The whole song clips the trailer together, first part describing the uncontrolled violence of the cyberpsycho girl that happend a few moments before, while the last paragraph describes the process of drawing her into Psycho Squad forces, trying to pay off the guilt and the crimes she committed.

Also, the "personal responsibility" line repeated over and over...is she responsible? Or was it the cyborg in her that did this? How is she supposed to live with it?I think it all touches the kind of ambiguous moral themes that CDPR is famous for. I can't wait how they expand it.
Well, finally!
I wanted to describe that from the very begining when I red your post "bitching" a little about the trailer (both forums:p) ;] now I dont have to
See, you solved the puzzle!

Nie strzelać do pianisty!

thanks for posting it mate! I liked the initial music but not the track as much, but now after reading your post I might have second thoughts

All that butthurt over the "blatant fanservice" by the fucking whiners, and it turns out she's not showing one inch of skin. It's just synthetic illusions draped over hard metal and a broken mind. All that fuss and fury shows the whiners weren't willing to look any deeper at that preview art, their own closed minds couldn't spout anything but their usual response to the usual image. They're objectifying, we're looking past the initial image, good on cdpr for fucking with the boring prudes perceptions and prejudices.

Blothulfur said:
All that butthurt over the "blatant fanservice" by the fucking whiners, and it turns out she's not showing one inch of skin. It's just synthetic illusions draped over hard metal and a broken mind. All that fuss and fury shows the whiners weren't willing to look any deeper at that preview art, their own closed minds couldn't spout anything but their usual response to the usual image. They're objectifying, we're looking past the initial image, good on cdpr for fucking with the boring prudes perceptions and prejudices.

Haha. Bravo Bloth.

Well, I just love people talking bull.hit, just because they overimagining ;0 The music is song "Bullets" by British band called Archive. It's got 3 or 4 years now (from album "Controlling Crowds", which has been relased in 2009, I believe). The song's got nothing to do with cyberpunk themes. It's just fitting the images of the teaser good. You don't need to search some crazy theories or interpretations, like some nerd-freaks ;0.

(GT)

I like the song. In addition, I really like the use of this song in the teaser.

I see some comments saying that this music does not fit into cyberpunk. But when I look at the threads of the proposed music that fits the cyberpunk, I must say that the music in the trailer is much better.

I do not like the style of music, which (according to many) fits into the world of cyberpunk. I do not like such a boring techno.

Well - I was not a fan of sci-fi. I do not know Cyberpunk. But when I watch the teaser, I prefer the atmosphere of cyberpunk's teaser, than the electronic music that fans want ..

Generally I do not reject electronic music. I like some electronic music genres, but the more aggressive. Which is something going on. Pure electronics, but also mixed with the metal, and other rock.

Music that fans identify with the cyberpunk atmosphere, for me it is not. Cyberpunk reportedly first referred to the year 2020. This year is approaching, and the "cyberpunk music" is not the only existing music genre, nor is it the most popular. People still listen to pop, metal, rock, jazz, blues. Likewise, it may be in the year 2077.

Besides ... Probably in 2077, more than 1 billion people will listen to something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

If we take into account the trend in the degradation of the human mind - in 2077 year will be even more shit. :)

The teaser didn't do anything for me, probably because I have no knowledge of anything from the cyberpunk universe.
But I can imagine that they have their hands full atm and just wanted to share something with the world

nocny said:
If we take into account the trend in the degradation of the human mind - in 2077 year will be even more shit. :)/>

There was a film about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmRCixQrx8

The intro summarizes it real well.

Top Bottom