My Review - The good parts

+

Pufty

Forum regular
So I've spent every free minute of my time for nearly two months to get this out and would appreciate feedback. I'm very small in the Youtube scene, but I try hard with quality, so I think that someone will find some entertainment value from this. I'm stepping in some hot water in terms of calling the writing good and impactful, but I'm ready to discuss :D

Without getting into the deep-dive right now (during work at the moment) - one thing we can agree immediately.
Yes, the writing is good and impactful. Without a second of doubt. It has it's holes, it could use some polish here and there, but both the story and the main characters have a truly fascinating depth all around the game.

Pufty

Forum regular
Without getting into the deep-dive right now (during work at the moment) - one thing we can agree immediately.
Yes, the writing is good and impactful. Without a second of doubt. It has it's holes, it could use some polish here and there, but both the story and the main characters have a truly fascinating depth all around the game.
With all the holes it usually just ends up being that even if the writing is good, something is bad and that will be brought up. Was very difficult to separate the game's good from bad, because so much of it is a mixed bag, where the bad usually overshadows the good, but for the moments it works, had to capture that feeling and make sure I represent it well.

My 'deep dive' was meant to be much more, but after rewriting and rewriting, I just said screw it, I already animated the 'deep dive' logo, no going back as I cut the additional hour of paragraphs :D

So I've spent every free minute of my time for nearly two months to get this out and would appreciate feedback. I'm very small in the Youtube scene, but I try hard with quality, so I think that someone will find some entertainment value from this. I'm stepping in some hot water in terms of calling the writing good and impactful, but I'm ready to discuss :D

Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the best games I've ever played. I can't stop thinking about this game, about what comes next in the half dozen side-gigs I'm still planning to go back and do, or about how I might tweak V's abilities for the next few levels UPSers

Last edited:

Pufty

Forum regular
Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the best games I've ever played. I can't stop thinking about this game, about what comes next in the half dozen side-gigs I'm still planning to go back and do, or about how I might tweak V's abilities for the next few levels.
I can agree to an extent and where the video only came about the positives. Everyone pretty much is well-informed how bad a chunk of the game is, but I was so interested in the things that made it great for me.

I think the punishment is fair, but I wouldn't want CDPR and Cyberpunk to tank and die. Rather let hem learn their lesson and continue housing talent for incredibly impactful writing... AND they better house this talent with care and health in mind, not overworking with this toxic management.

Damn great job on the editing, I'm just starting the vid up rn I can already tell you put a lot of effort into it and it looks amazing! What program do you use to edit?

Pufty

Forum regular
Damn great job on the editing, I'm just starting the vid up rn I can already tell you put a lot of effort into it and it looks amazing! What program do you use to edit?
I use Davinci Resolve. It's a relatively free tool as long as you don't go for the studio perks etc. The soft itself is very neat and barely has any restrictions, but when I had some spare money, I did use After FX additionally. Rendered a huge chunk of animations on top with transparent channels to use later in Davinci.

I try my best with the quality, so if other topics other than CP interest you, I've got a bit more to offer on the channel (Witcher 3 DLCs, Minecraft and Generation Zero). Idk how else to let people know I exist :D

Top Bottom