My rocky road to a getting a CE(Would you have done the same?)

+

Could you give away your own coveted Collector's edition of Cyberpunk 2077 to keep a promise?

• I honestly do not know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was going to post an answer to a thread, but thought, hey, this would be a nice poll about character strength. :D

Preordering and getting hold of Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's edition has been quite a rollercoaster experience for me these last 18 months.
Why two collector's you ask?
Well, my nephew turned 18 and has followed his uncle's footsteps and like games as much as I do.
It would have been the perfect 18th birthday present for him.

So I managed to preorder two, don't ask me how, as I don't know myself.
First, Gamestop went belly up in Nordic countries. I lost my two preorders.
Then, the most thorough search ever was conducted.
Not only did I have to avoid dodgy suppliers, but also make sure if they could be delivered safely to my country.
All seemed lost as all collector's editions from viable sellers seemed to have been booked.

Then, suddenly, just browsing one day, I found two copies I could preorder. From two different household appliance stores no less! :coolstory:
My two collector's editions were within reach again!
That is, until one preorder was annulled by one of the stores, as they had done a wrong estimate or something. Hogwash. Someone got a hold of my CE! :(

Thankfully, a friend got hold of another one for me.

Then CDPR pushed the release date several times, we all know the story, and my nephew eventually turned 18.
So I gave him a big empty box with a printed page of a Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's edition inside of it. :giggle:

But now there was no going back. I had given a promise.
And a troubling thought was forming in my mind:

What would I do if I only got one Collector's Edition delivered?

I mean, it could happen, right?
Hell, it was BOUND to happen going on previous experience, and my rotten luck!
Would I man up and give my nephew his birthday present anyway?
Or would I keep my CE for myself. Hell, I've been waiting seven years! Much longer than my nephew anyway!

What would you have done?

Well, know that I manned up and kept my promise, and at least my nephew got his birthday present from the nicest uncle ever(me :sneaky: ).
To think that I had a Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's edition in my hands yesterday, only to give it away.

And no good deed goes unpunished.
Heard the phrase? It's true.
Someone in Denmark botched my delivery and Coolshop ****** up. But they don't care. Why would they?
They even switched off their phones and customer chat to avoid negative feedback.
I took two days off from work for this experience. Nice!

So here I am, knowing how everyone else(including my nephew) is playing Cyberpunk 2077 right now. A game I've waited seven years to play. Fun.

My question to you: Would you have done the same?
Would you have had the strength to give away a Collector's edition of a game you very much would like to have yourself?

Best regards and take care! :giggle:

I dont really need a statue V on a motorcycle for $150... mighta been cooler if it was a statue of keanu reeves

I preordered from bestbuy and my shipment was delayed, but I dont mind if it takes a week or 2 to get here cuz I'll probably have a better experience if I wait for more patches and possibly even a DLC... thats how it goes with games these days, the Witcher 3 had a rocky launch too and that game grew over the course of a year with all the DLC... preordering is hardly ever worth it

I cant get CDPR to answer me at all I bought the CE and I am missing the V part of my statue. Ive been trying and trying since a week after launch and get nowhere so if you got the statue congrats because their are some of us who get shafted an no one in CDPR cares that im out the reason to buy the CE

Attachments

• EqHOI4dUwAAPZCZ.jpg
    EqHOI4dUwAAPZCZ.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 62
At the time of this posting a few months after release, the CE nowadays is everywhere and won't be sold out for a good few months probably. Best Buy and Amazon had sales on the console versions for $199 recently.

But yeah, I would have kept my promise too.

Top Bottom