My save file got corrupted due to a mod.

+
Hello. I was using a mod called DLC-Events. It is written in the description of the mod that it will not be deleted in the middle of the game. So I opened a new NG+ save and removed the mod. That save is also broken. I am getting the attached error. I sent a ticket to CDPR but it takes a long time to look. We're talking about 800 hours of Witcher 3 labor and I don't want to lose this save file. Please help me. How can I fix my save file?
1678618938249.png

Not sure that CDPR can help about an issue due to a mod anyway :(
As noticed on the mod description (in big in red, two times^^), you can't remove the mod and still playing on a save in which it was... So I guess, you have to install it again to continue to play on this save (even NG+ started with this save).

Not sure that CDPR can help about an issue due to a mod anyway :(
As noticed on the mod description (in big in red, two times^^), you can't remove the mod and still playing on a save in which it was... So I guess, you have to install it again to continue to play on this save (even NG+ started with this save).
I don't want my 800 hours of work to go. Because of a mod! I'm super angry right now. Can't I go into the save file and remove the dlc_event requirement?

I don't want my 800 hours of work to go. Because of a mod! I'm super angry right now. Can't I go into the save file and remove the dlc_event requirement?
I don't have enough knowlegde about TW3 modding nor how DLC/mods requirements work to answer unfortunately :(
So maybe by editing the save or game files it would be possible (but I doubt...). If the mod autor himself can't help, I don't know who could.

I don't have enough knowlegde about TW3 modding nor how DLC/mods requirements work to answer unfortunately :(
So maybe by editing the save or game files it would be possible (but I doubt...). If the mod autor himself can't help, I don't know who could.
The mod maker doesn't help because "I was using vulgar language and downloading the mod was my responsibility."

Yes, I saw that.
But I think that he can't help too... I search a little and even with official DLCs/expansions on a vanilla game, you can't load a save without all the DLCs/expansions previously installed.
If there is a solution, I don't know it or I don't find it :(

Have you tried to delete the mod BEFORE launching NG+ using your save of interest?

It is not clear for me how you put it. I understand that you launch NG+, save, and only then you delete the mod and so obviously can't load the save again.

If launching NG+ using your save AFTER having deleted the mod doesn't clear the mod data, there is nothing you will be able to do about it, and you must accept it as it is your fault, and yours only.

It could be possible to fix the problem by editing the save file but it would be extremely complicated and time consuming, and nobody will do it for you, even more by seeing the tone you use.

And CDPR will not help you, because they have nothing to do with it.

Method 1 : Completely reinstall the game with 0 mods, then create a new NG+ Save.

Method 2 : Try finding a save file before Mod was ever installed and continue from there.

Method 3 : If all else fails, Just reinstall the mod and keep continuing to play.

Top Bottom