My save files have gotten corrupted, twice.

+
Heya guys. This is not a post pointing out a million problems with the game nor is this intended to give CDPR a break for creating an amazing piece of media. I just want to inform you guys that I have had my save files corrupted TWICE since the release. The first time, I had about 10 hours in and received a crash while strolling through the city. No big deal, games crash all the time. However, when I attempt to load any of my saves, the game continues to crash during load. I verify the integrity of my game files and everything comes up good. After many attempts and false hope, I cut my losses and started a new save after reinstalling the game. At about 5 hours in, the same thing happened.

Is anyone else facing this problem? I have not been facing as much of the other issues everyone else has been facing, but this is utterly game-breaking. I can't continue playing the game lest I worry my save will be corrupted yet again. I don't mind starting over a third time, but I'm holding off until this is addressed.

System information: Very normal set up. GTX 1080, 8th gen i5, 16 GB RAM. Running the game on Steam, official copy. Have not tampered with the game in any form nor have I launched any software other than Steam and the game itself since its release.

Top Bottom