My save wont show up when i launch the game

+
alright gents i fell like a moron, totally new to pc gaming, been playing cyberpunk without internet access for like 5 days, its been saving and everything,. it worked completely fine. now my internet is back up and running and suddenly my save wont show up when i launch the game. i can find my save if i look into the game files but I'm clueless about how to get it to work? i'm fairly sure its an easy fix but ya boi aint computer savvy. helppppppppp got days worth of progress on the line lmao

alright gents i fell like a moron, totally new to pc gaming, been playing cyberpunk without internet access for like 5 days, its been saving and everything,. it worked completely fine. now my internet is back up and running and suddenly my save wont show up when i launch the game. i can find my save if i look into the game files but I'm clueless about how to get it to work? i'm fairly sure its an easy fix but ya boi aint computer savvy. helppppppppp got days worth of progress on the line lmao
On which platform ? (Steam/Gog/...)
Have you downloaded and installed an update after to be "online" (like the 1.23) ?

i just let the game autosave, never hardsaved. im on pc and ive only got the bug fix mods installed?
Post automatically merged:

i just updated it today to 1.2.3 i believe

i just let the game autosave, never hardsaved. im on pc and ive only got the bug fix mods installed?
i just updated it today to 1.2.3 i believe
So you are not on 1.3 and you use mod (one at least). Good to know.
Your save files are in the right folders and but don't appear in the "save menu" ?
So for test :
Copy/Paste your save files in another folder (to be sure to not loose them).
Start a new games and save manually to see if it work normally.
(Save 1.2 with mods could have problem on 1.23 game with also mod).

And another detail, the mod who you used, you have reinstalled it on 1.23 ?

Last edited:
did the test you mentioned. everything worked correctly. i used "engine tweaks " and yea the save files are in the right folders I'm very stumped. i could swear its got something to do with the steam cloud. because the only saves it slows is the ones that are in the steam cloud :/

Not sure if this helps, but might be worth a try:

1. Press the Windows Key on your keyboard
  2. Type Windows Defender Firewall
  3. Press the Enter Key on your keyboard
  4. Select Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall
  5. Scroll down until you find Cyberpunk 2077
  6. Check all boxes named Cyberpunk 2077
  7. Click the OK button
If you do not see Cyberpunk 2077 in the Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall list, you will need to add it:
  1. Click the Allow another app… button in the Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall window
  2. Click on the Browse button
  3. Locate Cyberpunk2077.exe
    • Steam Path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\cyberpunk2077.exe
    • GOG Path: C:\program files (x86)\gog galaxy\games\cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\cyberpunk2077.exe
  4. Check all boxes named Cyberpunk 2077
  5. Click the OK button

just did that, cyberpunk was already checked. I've reinstalled, tried everything i can come up with from my limited knowledge of pc gaming. any other ideas gents?

Honestly, my knowledge are probably weaker, so for now, if you haven't already did it, you can report it and "Ask help" (CDPR Support must be way more helpful than me, for sure). It's the closest category I think.

just did that, cyberpunk was already checked. I've reinstalled, tried everything i can come up with from my limited knowledge of pc gaming. any other ideas gents?
You may need to wait for an updated version of the bugfix mod -- it could very well be conflicting with changes made by the studio to fix certain things in different ways. If the saved game is not showing up, even yet, it's probably because the game is not recognizing it as a valid save file. Not uncommon when using mods. Hopefully, an updated version of the mod will correct it.

Very important to have multiple saves and to back them up before making any big changes to the game (installing / removing mods, updating the game itself, verifying or repairing, reinstalling, etc.)

You can try sending the save file into CDPR, but there is very often nothing that can be done if it's a modded game. Still, might be worth a shot if nothing else is working.

Top Bottom