My small Wishlist, maybe in Cyberpunk 2078?

+

J'an

Forum regular
First of all thanks for the new patch.

I have some wishes and I don't know (and know) if I will see anything of this in CP77 but I hope maybe in CP2078?

I made my first walkthrough back in Dec. (highest difficulty) and it was fun. But in my second walkthrough (current one) I discover a lot of things that I realized a litte in my first run and now again with much more impact. Please don't understand me wrong. I have had a lot of fun in my first walkthrough (60h) I don't use fast travel and most of the time I'm running through the city maybe I drove a car 1h but not more.

Open World.
I know I wrote something about the open world some days ago in another thread but here a litte bit more detailed.
The Open world looks really nice but you can't do anything with it. Stop: I really don't want a open world like GTA absolutely not. What i mean/ wish is you can discover a lot of cool things or quest etc. Until now you get every quest through the main plot and the side quest through street credits. And street credits are in my opinion a attempt to give the open world a right to exist.
I'm running through the world and end the random assaults (which are all the same). It's really annoying in my second run. And then we have the "?" on the map which are all the same things too "kill the Cyberpsycho"
The main Questline and the big sidequest are really good. Nothing to say it. Really like it.

But what is now my problem? The motivation to play it again.
I really would like to have a open world with the cool mission design from the main mission with cutscenes , decisions etc. I really like it. It's really cool. But please change the open world more to a design like Fallout or Elder Scrolls series with cool storys you have to discover like thieves guild etc. Don't show everything on the map let the players find everything. Maybe show it when they are nearby (option on /off). There are some locations where I can find some small chips with bonus xp etc. but please much much more of this environmental story telling and sometimes please with big stories behind it.
Does this make a difference? Yes absolutely, for me round about 400h and 800h that's the time that I spend in Fallout4 (400) and Skyrim (800). Because I can run through the world and find everywhere something new, from quest trough cool locations etc and that's what I really miss in Cyberpunk. It's a good game and I have had a lot of fun but it's really difficult to play it a second time because the open world is only a big and beautiful shell for the main story but not more.

Locations:
There are a lot of locations, like the maelstrom harbor base which are completely empty. No enemies or a person only the loot is there. Enemies are there if you have the quest, before no one is there.

Roofs:
Maybe I'm the only one who uses the leg/jump cyberware. I walking a lot over the roofs, because I can do it without a problem. But there isn't much, this is how the open world is designed. That is really too bad. (again I really don't use the car or fast traveling)

Enemies:
I really wish a bigger diversity. I mean a little more crazy with tech things. The first thing I thought after I saw the maelstrom sign was when do I see this enemy type in the game, when can I fight it? I mean there was a big war with a lot of cyber ai's etc. None of it went crazy in the dark and produced some crazy tech/human bots or some crazy ripperdocs? It would be really nice to see something like this. Maybe a half Cybersnake. I have too much ideas for this. But I guess you guys too. It think you should add a lot of creepy stuff. It would suit a lot of districts in this game.

Nighttime:
I know the options for changing the daytime, but I really would prefer a option to set it to a specific day time and the time would be frozen. For me at night. Because the night is really to short in Night city. I can say and that's absolutely no lie I play the game only at night beacause it looks so much better at night and the dawn comes much to early. every time back into the menu and again back to night.

Radio Cyberware:
Really a must have. If I would life in Night City I would sell them, because everyone would buy it. Why because they still use 90's Ghettoblaster everywhere but the phones are already implemented inside the bodies. For me as no car user. I stand every time after a fight near a tin can Ghettoblaster and hear my favorite tracks. (it's sound quality is really poor)
I'm every time happy when I meet a gang which has had the money for big sound system. (exp. First game mission, save woman, MaxTac)

Loot:
Difficult. I mean you have really cool fights sometimes and the loot experience after that hmmm otherwise do I find some extreme cool stuff in the world. it's a little bit crazy. Ex: Skyrim you get often a cool weapon or something at the end of a long questline. Here sometimes too but often it doesn't feel right.

Hacking cams, enemies spawn distance:
If I hacking a network and switching between the cams I'm often confronted with the spawn distance. The distance seems to be linked with the distance to the player.
Ex: Pacifica ferris wheel: I'm hacking the network form the distance. I can see some enemies and can quickhack them. I'm switching through the cam net and can go to the end of the enemy area but there are no visible enemies. If I leave the network and move closer and hacking the net again tadaaa here they are.
That happens really often this was only the first location wich I remember.

At least I have to say it again I have had a lot of fun with Cyberpunk 2077 (60h highest difficulty) but Cyberpunks replayability is not so big. If I would have to say why I would my first point "Open world design" I really have to say that I have had the same problem with Witcher's 3 open world too. I wish that your future games will have this great quests and story design etc again and again but please change the other part of the open world more to a world wich invites player to discover cool side quest and places like a Elder Scrolls or Fallout. For me it would be the awesome game of all times.

I agree with most of that, except the loot. I don't need loot drops over the place.

Some of these might happen with the next game, but I don't envision an open world in the style of Bethesda or Rockstar happening anytime soon. Not officially anyway. Mods are working toward this, and hopefully that will start to move more quickly with changes to the game and the evolution of mod tools. Maybe -- as long as people don't lose interest first.

My wishlist:

More in-depth Media-based Gigs
  • N54 or independents probably hire an edge runner or two to plant bugs, tail and possibly get under the covers of political candidates/celebs for a hot scoop, do nightcrawler type photojournalist type work on crime scenes, ambush interview on the disgraced former DA who got caught stooping a client and other borderline legal things of that sort. Starting at the bottom as a nightcrawler for a local scream sheet and then gets recommended and scouted up the ladder until they're working for the person trying to become the next Bes Isis.

Beat on the Brat : Top of the HIll

• You are known as the toughest in your neighborhood , but you get a kid who is up and coming ,who might be corpo sponsored and is calling you out on screamsheets and your friends are hitting you up with info where this kid wants to throw down. Time to defend your title.
  • Due to your rep as a top brawler in Night City you get a lot of sponsorship opportunities , some of those sponsors have scruples about trying to get you to sign. You'll have to navigate this new life of a new kind of corpo BS.
Rivals on the Edge:
  • You're not the only edgerunner trying to become the next Morgan, Johnny, Spider or even V and so you're always potentially going to run into people following the same tips as you from a different fixer, some may be friendly even willing to partner for a good split. Others may be willing to flatline you for a bonus you might not know about due to you killing a fixer's cousin. An extra challenge for those who are willing to explore it.
Murkman Returns:

• "Men shall die for this" you say to yourself surveying a shooting that got a small family on their way to the store for their kibble. You pull the data of a vehicle with the suspected shooters driving off from a camera near by and follow the trial of clues to a burnt out building full of the group responsible. Let them know these killings won't go unanswered, not with Murkman patrolling.

I'm glad you're is coming up with these sorts of ideas. I'm hoping that now CD Projekt Red doesn't have a deadline to meet that they could possibly flesh out the game more and make a No Man's Sky style comback with these suggestions. Besides, anything is possible now that they have officially got community modders on their team, so I think we could begin to see some really interesting things.

my list:

a complete, bug "free", no-graphic nerfed, version of the game with a decent longevity of the main quest and an AI of the crowd/traffic/enemies at least "decent" for the 21th century standards

Top Bottom