My suddenly revised thoughts on Yennefer vs. Triss

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My suddenly revised thoughts on Yennefer vs. Triss

There's probably been plenty of threads like this and it might be a bit arrogant to start my own just because I feel like talking about it, but hell, it's not like one more will hurt anybody and I really really need to share this with someone. Sorry.

Looking at some of the polls there seems to be a nearly even split between players who prefer each sorceress over the other as Geralt's LI, and having read the first and third books a long time ago I was in Yennefer's camp, mostly because I thought she was a deeper and more interesting character and that the genie promise and the substitute parents dynamic with Ciri were lovely. And I also happen to like brunettes. And who doesn't love epic, over-complicated romance?

Then I read the second book a few days ago, wherein we get a rare glimpse of how Geralt and Yennefer work as an actual couple instead of basically estranged divorcees passing their "daughter" between them with occasional, brief rekindling of their relationship. I'm not going to spoil it, but anyone who's read it knows that neither Geralt nor Yennefer come out of it very well, with the overall impression being that they both suck at relationships and excel at making each other absolutely miserable, an observation that Triss makes in the third book as well but which isn't really demonstrated anywhere else in the series because we never see them spending much time together.

This particular short story didn't just convince me that Geralt and Yennefer are actually horrible for each other, it changed my entire view on the whole epic romantic love-hate relationship both in fiction and in real life. Suddenly those kinds of connections seem more like curses than anything else, making people who consistently and profoundly hurt each other just keep trying because of infatuation instead of cutting their losses and looking for happier, healthier prospects.

From this point of view Geralt's amnesia is almost a blessing in disguise, at least when it comes to his romantic life, allowing him to experience a healthier, less complicated and more stable relationship with Triss without the self-destructive obsession with Yennefer interfering. An experience that can maybe inspire him to finally make a clean break when his memories do come back, so that if he gets nothing else out of the whole run of the franchise then at least he learns to let go and focus on his own long-term happiness to some extent. In any case, that's the mindset I intend to take into my next playthough of the series.

Last edited:
Thats a fair point of view, but I dont think Triss imo is better for Geralt.
I know a lot of people love the fact that Geralt occasionally does witcher work in the triss ending slide but this says to me that he isnt fulfilled in her ending.
She keeps him like a pet, all he has wanted for years and years is to hang up his swords. Its what he desperately wants, us as players might think witcher work is fun but he's done with it.
I think it reveals a lot actually that he still does witcher work about how content he is in this ending with Triss. Which is to say, not.
Think about it for a second, with Yen he never goes back to that life.
They talk, make love go on walks and he never feels the need to pick up his swords again. He is content. Triss is full swing into politics, which Geralt hates more than portals.
Stuck in her fairy tale house playing the husband. My personal opinion on the triss/geralt relationship is that most of the feeling between them is sex/lust and not much else.
Fun getting banged for the first while but what a bore it would become. Yen challenges geralt, intrigues him, excites him. The thing i liked in the update was when you ask Ciri about something to do for Yen, and she says go to a roadside inn and lock yourself in for a week.
Thats it. Shes actually not complicated or hard to keep happy at all. They are at a stage once everything is taken care of that they both want to settle down and all they need is each other.
I love yen in the books. Shes a difficult character sure, but she is willing to sacrifice all for geralt and ciri. What was triss willing to sacrifice?
Her fingernails in the game? So? I know that sounds heartless, but if we are comparing the two, (which is what this thread is about) yen sacrificed herself to vilgefortz for months of torture, her life and her heart. Giving up her heart was probably the most difficult of all for her, but she does.
I think the fighting is over between them by the time tw3 ends. Im more than happy to let Geralt go off and retire with her. Alot of her snarkyness in game can be boiled down to people shuffling their feet and being too proud to do as she asks when shes looking for YOUR DAUGHTER insteadof actually bloody helping.
Swallow your pride people. The reason geralt gets Ciri in the end is because Yen did this did that pushed for this blah blah.
So because she handles it in a "wrong" way she's a bitch??? Ok then. What way should it have been handled then.
With puppydog eyes and a cutesy voice? Not how our girl rolls.
Hope people can talk about this without getting....upset. I think these are interesting discussions. But this is probably going to be locked by page 3.

Edit to say that if Fringilla Vigo was an option I would have done a PT where I went for her. Now theres competition....alas. I dont see my geralt with any feelings outside of friendship for triss. She's tto "young" But thats my geralt.

Last edited:
I think there is always going to be arguments for and against which particular woman is right for Geralt, i mean i imagine some of us project what we want to find in a partner when playing the game and making the choice......i was Team Triss before, now i think what Geralt wants most is someone very close to challenge him but also get to understand her and for her to understand him.....in which case i believe that both Yen and Triss do make suitable companions for Geralt in regards as to who can live with and grow old with.

I actually see the benefits for him and Yen to be together....i might be completely wrong when i say this (maybe someone will correct me) but i imagine that both Geralt and Yen are introverted people while Triss may in fact be more on the extroverted side, that may not be a make or break argument....but i think Geralt and Yen would understand each other a bit better (my knowledge on the books is hazy as i was in high school when reading them)....on the other side Geralt may learn to enjoy the lifestyle he and Triss have if they end up together. Personally as AtlasMouse said, Geralt wants to retire so the chance to do that he will take and if he is going to retire he would do it with someone he is most comfortable with and someone that will challenge him and excite him - so i do tend to lean towards Yen as a 'canon' choice (i don't like using the word canon but in this instance i will use it), while personally someone like Triss or Shani would have the traits many guys playing the game would want.

I was actually going to decide to have Geralt end up with neither but then he wouldn't retire and would do the same thing he would come to despise.....so i do tend to just play around and romance both (including Shani when possible) and see what come out of it....but yeah i think Geralt would be happy with either women and it is a question of which is the 'ultimate' (or more suitable) choice for Geralt....but like i said there is always going to be good arguments for both woman and people have different views on this subject, so when these topics are discussed without negative arguments and splitting people off into teams and being at each others throats, then i think it would be a good conversation to have and to see if people change their minds or stick to their choice.

Personally as AtlasMouse said, Geralt wants to retire so the chance to do that he will take and if he is going to retire he would do it with someone he is most comfortable with and someone that will challenge him and excite him - so i do tend to lean towards Yen as a 'canon' choice (i don't like using the word canon but in this instance i will use it)

Yeah I dont like using canon for RPGs as well. Personal canon sure. I was reading the comments under a lets play of someone doing a yen romance and the amount of people "losing respect" for people not choosing triss because "triss and geralt have been through so much they must not have played tw2 so arent real witcher fans" and so on and so forth made me want to shoot myself lol.
Id have answered but then I would be on the same level. There are NO superior witcher fan. Its ridiculous.
I have strong opinions and might come across like an ass sometimes, but it'd be cool if people could talk about the game fully and the fave ladies without flame wars.
At the end of the day they arent real people. Its academic. We are "character studying" Its cool to talk about peoples PoV experiences what have you. So we all do a disservice to shut other people down and lose respect, *flippin eyeroll.* or say my way is the only way.
What people do in the game is up to them. It isnt "wrong"
Im still right though, lol.

But this is The Witcher, not some fairy tale or chick-flick. NOBODY is completely fulfilled, ever, and Triss and Geralt pursuing their respective areas of expertise while staying together is certifiably a whole lot healthier than Geralt and Yen's model of cutting themselves off from the world to suffocate each other until they bitterly split up again for the hundredth time.

Remember that Geralt potentially has another century or more of health and hardiness left before his age really starts catching up with him, Triss and Yen have much much longer, and both Geralt and Yennefer have a notable tendency to get restless when it feels like they're stagnating, which has already resulted in them cheating and running out on each other - and others - on multiple occasions after brief periods of "happily ever after". Any combination of the three living peacefully and blissfully together for the rest of their lives just isn't realistic, to say nothing of in character. And Geralt has been fighting monsters for over seventy years without anybody ever forcing him to take a contract, if he really wanted to hang up his sword for good then he could have done so and found another way to make a living a long time ago. Triss and Yennefer aren't responsible for forcing or allowing him to continue or stop witchering, he isn't a child.

I'd also like to point out that in the books Yennefer is the one who keeps Geralt as her pet, that she "challenges" him by making demands and belittling him when he isn't happy with just following her like a puppy, that their relationship is almost entirely sex and bitter longing with very little actual affection on either side, that everything she sacrifices she does for Ciri, not for him, and that in TW3 she's searching for her out of her own desire, not to do Geralt a favor. In Yennefer's mind he's helping her, not the other way around.

In contrast, Geralt and Triss are a lot more open and vocal about their feelings for each other when they're together, she is equally capable of calling him out on his failings and telling him that she loves him and wants to spend her life with him and vice versa, and she does consistently leave her power, status and responsibilities at court and with the Lodge behind to help and spend time with him.

It's true that Geralt and Yennefer have a longer and more exciting history than the one he has with Triss, but that in and of itself clearly isn't conductive for a fulfilling relationship.

In my mind, rather than switching his affections back and forth from one to the other, Geralt instead using his experiences from having amnesia to grow out of his obsession with Yennefer pays suitable homage to their "canon" feelings for each other, incorporates the whole amnesia debacle into Geralt's character development instead of treating it as either a convenient or inconvenient plot device, and ends Geralt's tale with an additional theme of personal growth and focusing on what actually works for you instead of what you feel compelled to do without also breaking the ingrained cynicism of the setting. That, to me, is a tale worth roleplaying and a respectful take on the characters.

I'm not in touch with the online Witcher fandom at large and this is my first discussion about Triss and Yennefer. Obviously everybody has their own opinion which deserves at least polite respect, but I don't see what that has to do with this discussion right here. Am I throwing stones without realizing it or something? I just wanted to talk about this because I read the book and the demonstration of Geralt's and Yennefer's relationship affected me a lot, not to start a fight.

Last edited:
@Thomas999 - your posts are fine.
There HAS been a history of highly-charged posts on this topic, and if you want to continue this discussion, it's probably best for EVERYONE in the thread not to start making prophecies, as they may be self-fulfilling.

Okay. It feels a bit like this is coming out of nowhere, but if you guys think these things need to be said...

sorry if my post seemed aimed at you thomas999 or rubbed anyone the wrong way. Thing with internet is you cant tell how its meant. And re-reading my post I can see why people might think im being a tart.
Carry on.

I'd also like to point out that in the books Yennefer is the one who keeps Geralt as her pet, that she "challenges" him by making demands and belittling him when he isn't happy with just following her like a puppy, that their relationship is almost entirely sex and bitter longing with very little actual affection on either side, that everything she sacrifices she does for Ciri, not for him, and that in TW3 she's searching for her out of her own desire, not to do Geralt a favor. In Yennefer's mind he's helping her, not the other way around.

Yennefer loves Ciri as a daughter. That is the only incentive she needs. Why would it be better if she went looking for Ciri because of Geralt? Both of them are bound to help Ciri because of their individual connection with her. It's just a stronger bond that they share, stronger than whatever feelings they harbor for one another.

The Yennefer-Geralt relationship is problematic, especially before Ciri's appearance, which generated a change in both of them and ultimately makes them more capable of engaging with one another in less mutually hurtful ways. Ciri and the effect she has on them individually might just make it possible for them to be together like relatively normal, or at least less fucked up, folk. Ultimately, however you look at the relationship, we are talking about two extremely difficult people trying to make something out of a lot of shitty baggage and even shittier attitudes. They remain compelled by one another because, despite it all, they do love each other. The results of their constant clashing are not always nice. But a tumultuous relationship has just as much right to exist as a peaceful one. And let's be honest, a classic happily-ever-after existence is not in the cards for characters such as these, unless you really want to stretch the fantasy, in which case, more power to you.

In what concerns Triss, personally, I think she'd just be better off with someone else. Just let the damaged mutant get it on with the damaged sorceress. The Geralt fixation is extremely unhealthy for her and I see her character growing by actually putting a stop to it and moving on to greener, less troubled pastures.

PS: Oh, and the sex vs affection thing. These two are not mutually exclusive. Yes, many of their tender moments are, even in the later books, interconnected with sex, but that's fine. Intimacy is a way to communicate, especially if the participants are willing to explore it properly. And the author goes to great lenghts to show that their sexual connection is not simply animalistic but always considerate and loving. It works for them, it brings them together. It's not just blind lust, like the Fringilla episode.

Last edited:
@ Thomas999:
I had the same feeling about Yen when I was reading the second book for the first time. I thought that they were a horrible couple and Geralt deserves someone better. After startig the third book I hoped for Triss but this did not survive a specific moment in the following books.
After reading all the books I loved Yen. Such a great character (with great problems to show her feelings). And it is not like Geralt is good in relationships either. The two of them needed fifteen years to say I love you to each other :clap:

Yennefer loves Ciri as a daughter. That is the greatest incentive she needs. Why would it be better if she went looking for Ciri because of Geralt? Both of them are bound to help Ciri because of their individual connection with her. It's just a stronger bond that they share, stronger than whatever feelings they harbor for one another.

The Yennefer-Geralt relationship is problematic, especially before Ciri's appearance, which generated a change in both of them and ultimately makes them more capable of engaging with one another in less mutually hurtful ways. Ciri and the effect she has on them individually might just make it possible for them to be together like relatively normal, or at least less fucked up, folk. Ultimately, however you look at the relationship, we are talking about two extremely difficult people trying to make something out of a lot of shitty baggage and even shittier attitudes. They remain compelled by one another because, despite it all, they do love each other. The results of their constant clashing are not always nice. But a tumultuous relationship has just as much right to exist as a peaceful one. And let's be honest, a classic happily-ever-after existence is not in the cards for characters such as these, unless you really want to stretch the fantasy, in which case, more power to you.

In what concerns Triss, personally, I think she'd just be better off with someone else. Just let the damaged mutant get it on with the damaged sorceress. The Geralt fixation is extremely unhealthy for her and I see her character growing by actually putting a stop to it and moving on to greener, less troubled pastures.

PS: Oh, and the sex vs affection thing. These two are not mutually exclusive. Yes, many of their tender moments are, even in the later books, interconnected with sex, but that's fine. Intimacy is a way to communicate, especially if the participants are willing to explore it properly. And the author goes to great lenghts to show that their sexual connection is not simply animalistic but always considerate and loving. It works for them, it brings them together. It's not just blind lust, like the Fringilla episode.

AtlasMouse made it sound like the horrific torture Yennefer went through was for Geralt's benefit, and so an argument for her and Geralt as a couple, and that he should be humble and grateful to her for helping him get HIS daughter back. I just pointed out that both are actually done out of love for Ciri, Geralt is barely even a factor in Yennefer's motivation.

I largely agree with you, although just because a tumultuous relationship has a right to exist doesn't mean that it's in a person's best interest to pursue that relationship. From reading the books and playing the first two games I just observe that Geralt and Triss' romance seems a lot more stable and mature and a lot less bittersweet than what he eventually remembers that he had with Yennefer. A classic happily-ever-after scenario isn't in the cards for anyone, but Triss promises a more certain and more consistent happily-short-to-mid term than Yennefer does by Geralt's experience.

You can definitely argue that Triss' interest in Geralt is unhealthy, at least initially, and that her arguably taking advantage of his amnesia is questionable, but if he gives her a chance in the first two games then the result is undeniably a mutually happy relationship without unnecessary drama, barring all the rescues, and when they're together it's pretty clear that she doesn't put him on a pedestal or has unreasonable expectations of him. She's also comparatively young, and by her own reckoning still in the stages where she's entitled to experiment. With several hundred years of "sporadic" and "predictable" relationships with other sorcerers ahead of her, you can't exactly say she's frittering away her youth on Geralt.

@ Thomas999:
I had the same feeling about Yen when I was reading the second book for the first time. I thought that they were a horrible couple and Geralt deserves someone better. After startig the third book I hoped for Triss but this did not survive a specific moment in the following books.
After reading all the books I loved Yen. Such a great character (with great problems to show her feelings). And it is not like Geralt is good in relationships either. The two of them needed fifteen years to say I love you to each other :clap:

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that reaction, although I didn't come away with the impression that he was much better for her than she was for him. Several comments between them made it clear that she had plenty to be angry about as well. And I love her too, I just really don't think they work together.

Last edited:
Well, Geralt and Triss never had an actual relationship in the books and most of their relationship in the games took place when Geralt was not himself, so I'm not sure I buy into the stability of such an enterprise. But anyway, in fiction as in real life, love often comes with its unique set of challenges and conundrums. We all have our own ways of interpreting its language and pulling from it whatever works for us. Opinions are fantastic things to have, and it's even better when you can express them in an engaging conversation.

Well, Geralt and Triss never had an actual relationship in the books and most of their relationship in the games took place when Geralt was not himself, so I'm not sure I buy into the stability of such an enterprise.

He was himself, just did not remember the past with Yennefer. But at the beginning of the second game, it is shown - and it does not even depend on player choice - that the relationship can "work" and is stable without the memory of Yennefer; amnesia cannot magically make the witcher love someone who he would be inherently unable to love, so the relationship from the first two games does mean something. Also, he does not blame Triss for "taking advantage" of his amnesia, as shown by conversations - again, no player choice is involved - in both TW2 and TW3. Thus, it is ultimately a matter of how strong his feelings towards Yennefer still are, and how much that relationship is damaged by his "adventures" in the first two games. If he breaks up with Yennefer and can really let go of her after all, then Triss is a valid option again. Otherwise, it is back to the situation from the books. It is the player's choice.

Remember that Geralt potentially has another century or more of health and hardiness left before his age really starts catching up with him

Yes, Geralt is not exactly old for a witcher, Vesemir is like twice as old and still active until his death, so Geralt's full retirement at "only" about 100 years feels a bit forced. So, I do not see him taking the occasional witcher contract as a negative, nor was it probably intended as such by the game's writers.

Last edited:
Having had personal experience in dealing with people who have suffered memory losses, I believe very strongly that someone who is an amnesiac is not, in fact, a complete person. One's memories and experiences and the awareness of those memories and experience are an intrinsec part of one's identity.
But in any case, yes, I agree that falling in love with someone else other than Yennefer is perfectly possible for game Geralt, amnesia or no amnesia. Which is why I believe both romantic choices are viable and can be argued for in TW3.
Personally, I would also have liked the third option, ending up single, to have been fleshed out beyond making Geralt look like a stupid loser (unless you go for both women, in which case it is to be expected).

Last edited:
AtlasMouse made it sound like the horrific torture Yennefer went through was for Geralt's benefit, and so an argument for her and Geralt as a couple, and that he should be humble and grateful to her for helping him get HIS daughter back. I just pointed out that both are actually done out of love for Ciri, Geralt is barely even a factor in Yennefer's motivation.

I largely agree with you, although just because a tumultuous relationship has a right to exist doesn't mean that it's in a person's best interest to pursue that relationship. From reading the books and playing the first two games I just observe that Geralt and Triss' romance seems a lot more stable and mature and a lot less bittersweet than what he eventually remembers that he had with Yennefer. A classic happily-ever-after scenario isn't in the cards for anyone, but Triss promises a more certain and more consistent happily-short-to-mid term than Yennefer does by Geralt's experience.

You can definitely argue that Triss' interest in Geralt is unhealthy, at least initially, and that her arguably taking advantage of his amnesia is questionable, but if he gives her a chance in the first two games then the result is undeniably a mutually happy relationship without unnecessary drama, barring all the rescues, and when they're together it's pretty clear that she doesn't put him on a pedestal or has unreasonable expectations of him. She's also comparatively young, and by her own reckoning still in the stages where she's entitled to experiment. With several hundred years of "sporadic" and "predictable" relationships with other sorcerers ahead of her, you can't exactly say she's frittering away her youth on Geralt.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that reaction, although I didn't come away with the impression that he was much better for her than she was for him. Several comments between them made it clear that she had plenty to be angry about as well. And I love her too, I just really don't think they work together.
I see where are you coming from, and have to say this is the best conversation about this topic so far. Kudos.
Anyway Yen-Geralt is a very complicated relationship at the beginning, with blunders on both sides, paradoxically these errors are, say, caused by the fact that they are too similar (and then commit the same mistakes with others and with themselves) but... fail to understand it. So you're right when you say you didn't come away with the impression that he was much better for her than she was for him. However, from the novels on, or better, from some flashback of the second book - Sword of Destiny - onward, the story changes.
Selfishness, and being unable to express her feelings, I agree. It's also nice to see in novels how this character evolves thanks to Geralt and Ciri (especially Ciri). Geralt later becomes as important as the girl though, you will see.

He was himself, just did not remember the past with Yennefer. But at the beginning of the second game, it is shown - and it does not even depend on player choice - that the relationship can "work" and is stable without the memory of Yennefer; amnesia cannot magically make the witcher love someone who he would be inherently unable to love, so the relationship from the first two games does mean something. Also, he does not blame Triss for "taking advantage" of his amnesia, as shown by conversations - again, no player choice is involved - in both TW2 and TW3. Thus, it is ultimately a matter of how strong his feelings towards Yennefer still are, and how much that relationship is damaged by his "adventures" in the first two games. If he breaks up with Yennefer and can really let go of her after all, then Triss is a valid option again. Otherwise, it is back to the situation from the books. It is the player's choice.
Geralt was not himself, amnesia was a plot device to give the player the chance to get "used" to Geralt without knowing his past. Still, some dialogue options are not in the player's hands.

Last edited:
From this point of view Geralt's amnesia is almost a blessing in disguise, at least when it comes to his romantic life, allowing him to experience a healthier, less complicated and more stable relationship with Triss without the self-destructive obsession with Yennefer interfering. An experience that can maybe inspire him to finally make a clean break when his memories do come back, so that if he gets nothing else out of the whole run of the franchise then at least he learns to let go and focus on his own long-term happiness to some extent. In any case, that's the mindset I intend to take into my next playthough of the series.

That's pretty much how i play it. Geralt freed by amnesia is able to see through fresh eyes and feel things for Triss that he would have never been able to because of the legacy of Yen without the amnesia. As you say from reading books my feelings regarding Yen/Geralt relationship aligns with yours. Once his memories return there's a confused period before he realises that that happiness and love with Triss is what he desires.

Last edited:
That's pretty much how i play it. Geralt freed by amnesia is able to see through fresh eyes and feel things for Triss that he would have never been able to because of the legacy of Yen without the amnesia. As you say from reading books my feelings regarding Yen/Geralt relationship aligns with yours. Once his memories return there's a confused period before he realises that that happiness and love with Triss is what he desires.

I'm sorry, but... freed by amnesia? Amnesia is a traumatic event that steals from you a great part of who you are and leaves you vulnerable in more ways than one. It's a convenient plot device that allows for a different romantic path to be easily traced, certainly easier than building a new relationship for a character who is fully aware of his history and feelings, but it's not a blessing, however you look at it. If losing the memory of one woman is the only way in which you can fall in love with another, then fine, but it's still a very problematic way of going about a relationship.

Last edited:

Did I? I meant that with people believing yennefer is selfish are wilfully overlooking the fact that most shitty thing she does (in game especially) is out of love for her family. Which includes Geralt. And he should be grateful?? So should Ciri...if not for her being no nonsense nobody would have got anything done. I was saying that most of her snarky attitude would have been non-existent had people not been so prideful and done as she asked instead of fighting her at every turn. Eskel, lambert, vesemir even mousesack. Emhyr.
Im not excusing her rudeness, sometimes it irks me too. Hope that made sense.
As for geralt being young enough to continue being a witcher, of course he is. But "canon" geralt in books and somewhat in game does not want that life anymore.
Im of the opinion that when you get sucked back into habit or what have you that you arent completely satisfied with life. Minds wandering. Bored.
Fine if you (and by you i mean people in general) dont feel that way its my interpretation.
Its also just my opinion that, if we are going to talk beyond what the ending slides give us.... Geralt and Triss wont last either.
Because of what I said above and also because I think the shine of nabbing her witcher will wear off. She's infatuated with him in large part because he's so unobtainable.
And losing your memory absolutely matters. I wouldnt go into a hospital and sleeze on to someone who didnt have full awareness of their life. Its gross.
Its not the fact that Yen was left out of geralts decision, ("but yen could of been dead, yadda yadda") its that Ciri wasnt even mentioned by Triss. Or anyone else for that matter. Id flip if someone failed to tell me I had a kid that was out there. Especially a kid that everyone wants to capture/ kill/ impregnate.
Triss being one of those people....so thats why I dont like her.

I'm sorry, but... freed by amnesia? Amnesia is a traumatic event that steals from you a great part of who you are and leaves you vulnerable in more ways than one. It's a convenient plot device that allows for a different romantic path to be easily traced, certainly easier than building a new relationship for a character who is fully aware of his history and feelings, but it's not a blessing, however you look at it. If losing the memory of one woman is the only way in which you can fall in love with another, then fine, but it's still a very problematic way of going about a relationship.

As a concept amnesia frees character of the assumptions and prejudices they have built up via memories and experiences. Stripping bare these does leave one more vulnerable but along with it comes along opportunity for growth. Obviously it helps that Geralt's amnesia is very specific to his life and he still has his intrinsic skills and basic understandings without which he would. I don't disagree that pursuing someone in this state as Triss does is problematic. Triss takes advantage of the situation to see if this fresh start might allow Geralt to feel for her what she feels for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom