My Suggestions after 70+ hours and beating the main game + HoS

+
My Suggestions after 70+ hours and beating the main game + HoS

I just finished the HoS expansion and it was phenomenal and totally worth it for those still on the fence about it. But I digress, we are here to discuss the suggestions I have. Most of these are QOL (Quality of Life) meaning that they're are more of wants rather than needs. Since this game is almost flawless and doesn't really have much game breaking features or bugs (aside from the odd glitch or two). So without further ado lets begin!
Base Game

• Add a fast travel point at the top of Crow's Perch: Like I said, pretty trivial but to me personally the zig zag trek to the armorer hurts every time. If CDPR can't add a fast travel point at least add a flight of staires leading straight to the top.
  • Change the "Magic" name for item rarity: When I first Started when I first received a magic item I thought it would give a boost to my signs, well after a while of confusion I was wrong and realized that the word "Magic" had no meaning and that it was only a name for the rarity level, I would recommend maybe changing it to "Elite" or something of a similar nature. Also make "Relic" items red in the inventory the yellow and orange are to similar.
  • Random Encounters: Wouldn't it be nice to be walking peacefully down the path and have a Griffin attack you from nowhere? Probably not, but it would still be cool. Maybe at the easier difficulties (easy and normal) that wouldn't be a thing. but at the harder difficulties (hard and very hard) it should be implemented. But, I guess if people really don't want it it could be toggled of and on in the settings.
  • Combat arena: Witcher 2 had it and it was great. I love fighting in this game it's very fluid and just feels right. I think it would be nice to have a battle arena similar to Witcher 2 where we can battle humans and monsters alike to win coin and maybe some rare loot.
  • Main quest levels with you: If you're anything like me you love doing side quests and this game is so beautifully crafted that you enjoy them even more, but in the game you can easily outlevel the main quest and make it boring due to the lack of challenge. I suggest that only the main quest should scale to your level. I say only the main quest since I feel that it would be nice to see your superiority when going back to low level areas.
  • One life difficulty (insane): For the truly insane who love intense challenge.
  • Main characters stay post beating the main quest: It's a common complaint that it feels lonely once they all disappear after beating the main quest. So bring them back CDPR so we can enjoy their company once more.
  • Faster loading post-death) One redditor posted that "I'm more scared of the loading screen rather than death" which is true, I have a feeling that when you die they reload the whole world which makes no sense since you already loaded the world. There has to be a more efficient way to quickly get back in the game after you die.
  • Tabs in inventory start closed: What's the point of tabs if they're already open?
  • Have stats comparison while in inventory: They do it when your crafting something in the blacksmith why can't they do it when in your inventory? Let's say you pick something up and want to see if it's worth replacing your current loadout instead of having to mouse back and forth they should just give you the stat comparison. (EX: Change of bleeding 15% + 5%)
  • Crafting symbol while talking to a blacksmith has the armorer symbol Self explanatory
  • Sign for banks so we can find them easier when I first started I was really confused since Vivaldi bank had just a merchant icon give him like a coin icon or something.
Hearts of Stone

• Viper Armour: I get that people wanted the return of the Khaer Morhen armour but I feel CDPR did it wrong. So here's some points I believe will make it better:
  • * Make separate quest for mastercrafted Khaer morhen armour with a whole new quest line (Swords to go with it are optional). Make it have some gold or something. (Also call the warrior leather jacket enhanced Khaer Morhen armour so so it goes better with the rest of the witcher armour sets (and make a full set of "enhanced Khaer Morhen armour as well).

• * Redesign the viper armour (give it the prefix venomous as well just so it goes together with the swords )
  • --
  • Venomus Viper silver sword diagram: We need to be able to find a digram for this sword since for now you can only pick it up. Now I know what you're thinking. Hey that's awesome! NO it's not, what if you disassemble it by mistake or something, don't realize and just go about spamming F5 and then you realize you're screwed. So not so awesome anymore. Just place the diagram where you found the steel sword one and we'll be fine.
Other

• REDkit: Modders need love to, and with what we have so far modders can't really go crazy yet. The only viable counter argument is that if they release it now, future expansion packs might break the mods if the modders don't update it anymore. And I get that, so I'm willing to wait until Blood and Wine come out and then after CDPR will release REDkit. But if they don't release it after BaW then I'll start to get worried.
So that's my list if I missed anything or there's something you would like to add, don't be shy and post your own comment with what you would like to have added in The Witcher 3.

+1 on the random encounter, maybe some bandits / assassins attack you out of nowhere, cuz our Geralt got lots of haters too :D
New game++, I still messed up at some part during new game+, and add a new difficulty for only new game+ and new game++, maybe just way harder without changing levels ?

+1 for everything really and especially bringing main characters after completing main storyline!

jj284b

Forum veteran
one thing i would like to see are - cooking recipes - plenty of food in game, yet 99% of players if using food, usually end up using raw meat and honeycombs.. even old games like Gothic had ability to cook raw meat, why cant W3 do the same? plus, Witcher books are full of detailed descriptions about food, eating and drinking, yet in game this plays almost no role at all..

Top Bottom