My take on the problem with Nilfgaard

+
How could it be a good buff? It plays 6 for 4 (which is just an outdated value) and gives your opp a tall removal target. There is nothing good at all about this card.
Post automatically merged:

But how long we will wait for this, that's a question. :)
An immediate, almost unconditional 6 for 4 provisions is not bad. The ability to move a unit outside the range of thunder or rockslide offsets playing into tall removal, and the option to play a cheap bronze tall might protect a more important card from tall removal.

ya1

Forum regular
6 for 4 immediately with no condition is absolutely respectable and playable, mate.

Sure, it's like a Pact with possible spying payoff and possible clogging. Totally a-ok. An ok mulligan fodder, like Tempering in ST. Gonna do absolutely nothing for NG.

Also the Coup buff is huge

Wouldn't say huge but definitely something. Coup still in the bottom half of the 6 echo cards. AA, Eagle and Irae are still way better for their respective factions and playstyles.

The best NG deck which is deemed to be the Enslave Ball was buffed somewhat with that. But I'm not seeing the return of spies and Enforcers despite the Enforcer buff. That bridge was burned when they made Imperial Formnation into a meme (and Pawel Burza "totally agreed"). Enforcer Ball needs protection for those 4 power engines when so much value rests on their survival.

Did you play Assimilate enough? I mean if you did you should know that it often happens that you forced to play Braathens into damage or boost. So if you don't want to brick your "new" Braathens you should place at least 1 more spy in your deck which steals an important slot. I don't think it's a good trade.
If Informants would able to copy units any time, then yes, it would seem like a buff for Assimilate.

I think for assimilate it's actually a buff. One prov and one body is huge. I think it's actually worth the huge nerf to funtionality. But talking about Assimilate... can't help it but notice that there is no Portal anymore... :coolstory:

Coup will be very good now; even just the Provision buff would have made a difference, and the extra damage is sweet. It wasn't bad in the first place, its current version just requires actual strategy unlike the tutor Echos.

The ability to move a unit outside the range of thunder or rockslide
There is a window to kill a unit before it will be boosted anyway. And if that is a good strategy the card would play before, 1 point means nothing in this case. But no one played it, except Braathens.
So it's just a card. Yeah, it's better than before, but it changes nothing. I mean, I wouldn't pay attention to it and called it a "good" buff. Yeah, +1 point, whatever.

There is a window to kill a unit before it will be boosted anyway. And if that is a good strategy the card would play before, 1 point means nothing in this case. But no one played it, except Braathens.
So it's just a card. Yeah, it's better than before, but it changes nothing. I mean, I wouldn't pay attention to it and called it a "good" buff. Yeah, +1 point, whatever.
It's a 4 provision card, what do you expect it to do? It's filler and now it's good filler. Nobody played Emissaries in NG decks, but now if you have only space for a couple 4p cards it's a good option

ya1

Forum regular
Mate, Coup literally just won Masters

The reason Pajabol took NG to the tourney is the same as why almost everyone took Keltulis. Both these decks are bottom tier on the ladder. The reason they find success in the tournament is because in the tournament you know your coin, and they excel at abusing red and blue coin respectively. I can assure you most of those players climbed with OH not Keltulis on the ladder. And NG is crap that almost none of them played on the ladder.

Coup was mostly used on Joachim where it was just 10 points on the average (because NG average base power is 4). Now it's 11 for 9. Good. But nothing to write home about. The utility of 3 dmg and unit replay when missing your Joachim is great, though, and the rare instances of actually using Joachim on a non-random card... It's a good card now. But still at least 3 other echoes are better.

Guess what, NG is super good rn, probably one of the best imo (but hey, it's the beginning of a new expansion so it's definitely too early to say; still, NG is looking pretty good

Guess what, NG is super good rn, probably one of the best imo (but hey, it's the beginning of a new expansion so it's definitely too early to say; still, NG is looking pretty good
NG is always good when there is chaos in the ladder.

For me, only Ivar is a viable card from the expansion.

Depends, really.
As I was trying a few deck options in casual today, I had 2-3 matches with said NG deck manipulation archetype. Sure, as soon as I see NG I try to keep all the cards in my first mulligan that are risky for Warrit - but in the end, you cannot avoid getting swarmed with less-than-optimal cards and having one of your more valuable assets stolen.

However, and that was somewhat odd, out of those 3 matches I won 2 without relative easy and a good point lead, even though the opponent totally messed up my deck - and the one where I lost was 4-5 points difference too.

Definitely an annoying dectype, but they also suffer from a generic lack of points to win their games, as I see it.

Mi_V

Forum regular
The new NG card: Viper Witcher Mentor is very easy to brick in R3, and it doesn't synergy with Joachim.

Viper Witcher Mentor: Set power of this card to match provision cost of top card.

Joachim: Play the top non-Disloyal unit from your deck and boost it by 8. ---> play card first, boost it after.

If I pull Mentor with Joachim, he doesn't get boosted by Joachim because of the set power keyword.
Mentor only boosted to 6 powers, that means 4 body Joachim disloyal in opponent deck, 6 power mentor in my deck --> 2 points Joachim play.
Dev please look at this Joachim - Mentor interaction. Thanks.

Last edited:
Depends, really.
As I was trying a few deck options in casual today, I had 2-3 matches with said NG deck manipulation archetype. Sure, as soon as I see NG I try to keep all the cards in my first mulligan that are risky for Warrit - but in the end, you cannot avoid getting swarmed with less-than-optimal cards and having one of your more valuable assets stolen.

However, and that was somewhat odd, out of those 3 matches I won 2 without relative easy and a good point lead, even though the opponent totally messed up my deck - and the one where I lost was 4-5 points difference too.

Definitely an annoying dectype, but they also suffer from a generic lack of points to win their games, as I see it.
That's a surprise for no one. It was expected to be a meme deck so it's.

Its main problems are not the points it is that it lacks control over oponents board. You have felt your deck with meme cards and as soon as oponents puts 2 engines on board that you wouldn't be able to answer, because you have meme cards instead of actual control, you are done.

Viper in particular is a black joke that backfires as a XVI centurie black pwoder weapon.

I dislike playing NG and hate playing against NG. Reason probably same as everyone. NG stop you from executing your plans and make it unenjoyable for you.

However at rank 1 when I play other decks ( and I play every faction except SY), I tend to lose mostly to NG. So finally after a few days of losing, I make use an NG deck ( with Ball/Joachim/Yennifer/Ivar/Warrick/Cantarella and bronze thinning and artiscocrat. Won 5 out of 6 games and got to pro rank just an hour ago. I beat ST, Monsters and NG. That 1 lost was to SK.

SK is strongest still but NG is not very far behind. People will still hate SK more as I mentioned, it make your games very unenjoyable.

Warrick makes Cantarella better and the new cards make Mill win rate higher ( Mill probably the most hated deck). You play mill last season mostly for fun, now u can actually win lots of games.

I dislike playing NG and hate playing against NG. Reason probably same as everyone. NG stop you from executing your plans and make it unenjoyable for you.

However at rank 1 when I play other decks ( and I play every faction except SY), I tend to lose mostly to NG. So finally after a few days of losing, I make use an NG deck ( with Ball/Joachim/Yennifer/Ivar/Warrick/Cantarella and bronze thinning and artiscocrat. Won 5 out of 6 games and got to pro rank just an hour ago. I beat ST, Monsters and NG. That 1 lost was to SK.

SK is strongest still but NG is not very far behind. People will still hate SK more as I mentioned, it make your games very unenjoyable.

Warrick makes Cantarella better and the new cards make Mill win rate higher ( Mill probably the most hated deck). You play mill last season mostly for fun, now u can actually win lots of games.
Mill as in "remove cards from the opponent's deck" is still hot garbage. Reverse mill with Kolgrim seems solid

Mill as in "remove cards from the opponent's deck" is still hot garbage. Reverse mill with Kolgrim seems solid

Mill can be used with Kolgrim too. Kolgrim is the difference in cards. When he has zero and you have 7, you still gain 6 points per turn.

Mill can be used with Kolgrim too. Kolgrim is the difference in cards. When he has zero and you have 7, you still gain 6 points per turn.
Yeah but that's not great, plus many decks can thin really well.
Reverse-mill Kolgrim is waaaay more reliable, both in terms of damage to your opponent's deck and your own points.

Top Bottom