My thoughts and changes.

+
My thoughts and changes.

Hello, I'm a big fan but I've noticed a few things that don't really incentivise playing the game. It's a possibility that this has already been thought about and/or will be changed for the full release but here are a few things that would be an added benefit.

1). Incentivise practise mode: Gwent games are not necessarily quick to complete even against the AI, give practise mode some reward for participating and taking part. Possibly 1-2 Orens for a win, 0-1 for a loss. You could hand out a small amount of EXP. Gives the newer players to the game a reason to bother practising.

2). Mini-quests or challenges or daily challenges: For example beating the practise mode with a final round win of more than 30 points, x5 times rewards you with 30 orens.

3). I hope more cards will be added to decks because I haven't been playing the game for very long, maybe 20 games or so. I milled the Sco / Skellige decks and crafted stronger cards, seems I don't have any progression in that particular deck anymore.

4). Increase the cost to craft hero and silver cards: Some hero cards, are only 200 to craft. I made 4 gold heroes to interchange between, I've been winning every game with this tactic. Yes this will balance when others do the same but it was far too easy to populate the deck with a winning formula.

5). Give experience for losing a match, and/or a small reward: Yes you can say you will get a reward for GG'ing but losses really deflate the experience when you get a lack luster reward.

6). I think you should get rid of the "?" options as you level up: Just give a set amount of orens per win or loss with exp to reflect the outcome so you can't get rarer bonus cards just for leveling up.

7). If the company is worried about giving away too many rewards win or losing in the game, increase the cost of the kegs slightly and decrease the output for a win or loss. 10-15 for a win, 3-5 for a loss. Keg costs 130-150. Like I had previously stated it keeps people interested whether they win or lose.

8). Xbox one, controller vibration after the game: I'm not sure if you can control the intensity of the vibration after the game, but the vibration is horrifyingly strong and could be reduced if possible.

Just the thoughts from my experience. I'm really enjoying the game WHEN I manage to connect to a game properly. The team has done a great job on the art and UI, my only gripe is the loading scene between major menu selection. Admittedly this might not be avoidable.

Top Bottom