My WIP level, some screenshots

+
My WIP level, some screenshots

Hi guys, I have been working with the REDkit since it became open beta and Its been a hard time learning to work with it, but I think I finally came up with something worth sharing, some screenshots of my WIP (Work In Progress) adventure, its only a sixth of the whole level, and It doesn't have any quests currently, just the environment and some NPC's.
I want to hear your opinion, don't be shy to give some constructive criticism, any opinion is welcomed.

Heres a link to the full gallery: http://imgur.com/a/h6wYP#2
* plz forgive the visible GUI thing( dont know its name) in some of the images.

[Update 1]: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/481-My-WIP-level-some-screenshots?p=3091#post3091

Thanks to all the community for helping me with all my troubles while making this level.

Last edited:
You should really rotate those rock cliff meshes, or use another variation the repetition is really obvious.

Where? in the river cliffs?
I have thought about it, but I haven't been able to find a good matching cliffs.

I really like it, good work!

Ps: I think the "GUI thing" is called "Gizmo". Yes, like the little furry Gremlin.

Thanks benze, I'm glad you like it, Currently working on tunning this last area before I continue with the next.

Now I will never forget that name... Gizmo.... that movie scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.

You can just hit space a few times to make it disappear, you don't need to turn it off in the filters. Space cycles through Move -> Rotate -> Scale -> Nothing

I like it, too.

In this pic http://imgur.com/a/h6wYP#11 at the right I would use a tree with a bent trunk (if any).

Missing some deer or wolf.
(Saying this I realize nether meeting one so far in the original game...:D - But I'm at the very beginning in Flotsam.).

There are no wolves, but you can have some deer wandering around and crows that fly away when you approach them. :)

Ps: If you want a bent trunk, you can search for "twisted" with the filter "meshes" in the asset browser. There are a few of them.

There are no wolves
Wow, no wolves in a medivial rpg?
Can't believe it, really. What about werewolves?

Hah, they got a human bearing. Let's try to modify a dog. Giving it a new texture should not be a big deal, maybe the dog can be scaled up.
And I'll try to give him a werewolf head if possible (guess monsters don't have separate heads).

Last edited:
Yes there is a werewolf in the game.
The dog might work if it had attack animations or something like that but unfortunately it does not.

[Update 1] - Rain Environment -

I have been doing some new areas,improving the old ones, and adding dialogues. but what I liked the most (graphically speaking) where the AreaEnvironment changes,the area environment is like a wild stallion, hard to tame and wild, but when rided, you will have see the efforts give great results. This are some screenshots of the rain in the morning.

This first two are from the new areas I've been working on.
View attachment 171
View attachment 172

This next ones are from the WIP lands, all taken with the rain environment in the morning (6 Am)

View attachment 173
View attachment 174

PS: how does one makes the images appear larger?

Attachments

• editor 2013-06-24 00-40-11-52.jpg
    editor 2013-06-24 00-40-11-52.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 58
  • editor 2013-06-24 00-40-21-29.jpg
    editor 2013-06-24 00-40-21-29.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 60
  • editor 2013-06-24 00-40-48-46.jpg
    editor 2013-06-24 00-40-48-46.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 54
  • editor 2013-06-24 00-40-56-61.jpg
    editor 2013-06-24 00-40-56-61.jpg