My Witcher 4 idea [Spoilers]

+
I just finished one of my many play throughs of the Witcher series and something struck me this time around.
With Vesemir dying, Geralt running off with Yen or Triss, and Lambert off with Kera the only practicing witcher
is Eskel. (forgive any spelling mistakes with names.)

Kaer Morhen is abandoned and will be ravaged by time as Vesemir was the only witcher keeping the tradition
of wintering in Kaer Morhen alive.

When Avallac'h opened the portal for Ciri to face the white frost thousands of portals opened letting all types of
creatures into the world. On top of that no witchers means there would be massive amounts of monsters that
are over running towns and cities with no one to stop them.

Enter Ciri finding a way to make the trial of grasses more successful and less painful. You either play Ciri or her the first
Witcher she helps make and your purpose is to rebuild the school of the wolf.

It makes sense seeing as Ciri wants to be a witcher regardless of her being an empress or not. I can see her missing Geralt
and the witchers so much that she rebuilds the school for the comradery.

Since I'm pretty sure CDPR wouldn't want to make Ciri the main protagonist (as much as we all love her), the protagonist could
be a sorcerer that Ciri paid to research the mutagens used for the trial of grasses making the potions useable on men and women
with a much higher success rate and less pain.

You then set off into the northern and southern realms in saving villages and cities from the monsters and recruiting new witcher volunteers and rebuild
Kaer Morhen.

My ideas so far.. go with Two Main Character and drop all side quests. Two different kind of combat. Hire professional Fantasy Writer like Tracy Hickman. Damn, I had one more put I forgot it, one or two innovation wouldnt be bad idea for sure, but in the end I would keep it as same old good Witcher. Maybe Music could work as one innovation? Usually Fantasy Music tend to be boring, now they have it going with Cyberpunk. I think second innovation should have something to do with Monsters, TV-show had pretty good stuff.

Last edited:
Now I remembered what I had forgotten, what if Witcher was 100% Urban? Just one massive big city, a bit of outside for sieges and stuff. We could see how Medieval Cities survived years, when seasons changed from Spring to Winter etc and the city was different each Season etc. Maybe Plague could hit the city? Sieges? Festivals?

I figured its kinda hard to find monsters in cities as its Witcher Job, but sure there gotta be enough Monsters for Big Cities too.

Love the witcher games.
I brain stormed my own idea, so I thought I'd share it with you all

They jump into the future a little bit...
You start off as an unknown orphaned child with the eyes of a cat (weve created the adult version at the beginning)
At the earliest point of the game, our character is getting taunted by the other kids at the orphanage and accidently sets the place on fire with some kind of magic.
Our character runs away from the orphanage scared of what had just happened.
The game cuts the scene.
Its a number of years down the line and our character is now roughly 20yrs old.
Our characters been struggling with who or what he/she is and has been living on the run since the orphanage burnt down. Youve sort of learnt how to use a sword, throw fists, pickpocket etc.

Our character meets some old npc who knows about a clan of unnatural mutant warriors, known as "witchers" who had the same type of eyes as our character does and how they could use magic...

The game is a path of self discovery...you spend a bunch of missions looking anywhere and everywhere for someone who might have information about where to find these witchers. Their few and far between obviously.
You learn how to craft armor, weapons, how to hunt, etc etc etc.
Then once you've followed the quests through, all the questions you've been asking have made you a target for some powerful people. They've heard whispers of a young kid who has the eyes of cat and can use magic to set people on fire...
Turns out people are starting to suspect that you may be the first ever "Natural" born Witcher/Mutant.
This means a ritual is no longer needed to create witchers and it sends the powers that be into panic mode. The last thing they want is the witchers becoming vast in numbers again by being able to have children.
You could meet one or two characters from the previous titles who have aged a bit.
Set the story line up to suspect geralt as being your characters father. That's why old faces have shown up to find you.
The mother of our character turns out to be which ever woman you chose to have sex with in the witcher 3 🤷‍♂️.
You could possibly be a target by the wildhunt again.
We could get to use a character creation system.
Maybe even drop a short, cut scene at the end of the game with geralt in it.

Here is how I envision it

Story is set 5-10 years after Witcher 3. Ciri is the main playable character

Prologue: Emhyr dies and Ciri becomes Empress of the Nilfgaardian Empire

With the help of the last remaining Witch at Crookback Bog, who has Vesemir's Wolf medallion, the Nilfgaardian Nobles plot to assassinate Ciri and take power. Enter Geralt who gives his life to save Ciri fulfilling his destiny as a Witcher to not die in his bed. Ciri flees and teams up with Yennifer and Triss who also recruit Keira, Lambert, Eskel, and Dandelion and they all go out to avenge Geralt's death, destroy the Witch, get back Vesemir's medallion and restore Ciri as Empress. You could also bring back fan favorites like Roche and Ves, Zoltan, Cerys and Hjalmar.

Here is how I envision it

Story is set 5-10 years after Witcher 3. Ciri is the main playable character

Prologue: Emhyr dies and Ciri becomes Empress of the Nilfgaardian Empire

With the help of the last remaining Witch at Crookback Bog, who has Vesemir's Wolf medallion, the Nilfgaardian Nobles plot to assassinate Ciri and take power. Enter Geralt who gives his life to save Ciri fulfilling his destiny as a Witcher to not die in his bed. Ciri flees and teams up with Yennifer and Triss who also recruit Keira, Lambert, Eskel, and Dandelion and they all go out to avenge Geralt's death, destroy the Witch, get back Vesemir's medallion and restore Ciri as Empress. You could also bring back fan favorites like Roche and Ves, Zoltan, Cerys and Hjalmar.
great vision

I like the idea of geralt going out in a blaze of glory, I think the only problem with ciri being a main playable character is just her being too powerful but they could say she lost that power defeating the white frost, then maybe have yen and triss(or the lodge since i doubt yen or triss would) help her recreate the witcher trials to fully take up the mantle of witcher for power against a bigger threat than the crone not wild hunt level though , maybe a resurface of monsters across the continent that are too much for armies or magic wielders to handle but doable for witchers

I'd have the witch of Crookback Bog use Vesemir's medallion and it's ties to Ciri to control Ciri's power because that's just how witches do things. That's why it's important to the story and important to get it back.

The fact the witch lived and even got away with Vesemir's medallion was always a loose end that bothered me and also led me to believe it was no accident. They must have done it for a reason related to the overall arc of the series although granted plans change. I also think they should implement the changes made to the game engine in the Witcher 3 Complete Edition and use that to build the new game and concentrate mainly on stories and quests and not so much on world design from scratch which I think was a big problem with Cyberpunk. They were so busy creating this huge new world and new combat systems that the stories and quests suffered.

I'd have the witch of Crookback Bog use Vesemir's medallion and it's ties to Ciri to control Ciri's power because that's just how witches do things. That's why it's important to the story and important to get it back.

The fact the witch lived and even got away with Vesemir's medallion was always a loose end that bothered me and also led me to believe it was no accident. They must have done it for a reason related to the overall arc of the series although granted plans change. I also think they should implement the changes made to the game engine in the Witcher 3 Complete Edition and use that to build the new game and concentrate mainly on stories and quests and not so much on world design from scratch which I think was a big problem with Cyberpunk. They were so busy creating this huge new world and new combat systems that the stories and quests suffered.
it bothered me too, after my last 100% playthrough(which i had set up so i could reload to the near end of the campaign and make a different decision to get the "bad ending" just to do that quest where geralt goes back to the bog for the crone

amazing quest, its a shame you have to get a whole different ending to experience it

I could imagine that The Witcher 4 has Ciri as controlled Protagonist. I would like the setting to take place in Zerrikania for some reasons:

1. It`s a realm you don`t know a lot in canon and other "The Witcher"- franchise (primary the books) so the developers would be relatively free to create what they imagine.

2. It`s a new geographical setting, from what we know mainly ruled by deserts, steppes and tropical jungle regions. Of course this would need new graphic models, meshes, textures etc. but at least in my opinion, the full size of the world map is not primary necessary. So it could take up maybe 2/3 of the world map size of "The Witcher 3" or even less, perhaps little more than half of it.
Most important in one of these cases is of course that the world map is (maybe more than) well filled with interesting locations, quests and so on.

3. DRAGONS AND MAGIC! :D Zerrikania is said to be the retreat of most of the surviving dragons on the entire "Witcher"- Continent and (at least one of the) most magic-filled places of the world. On her adventures Ciri could explore prehistorical ruins in deserts and jungles, reveal secrets of long lost myths (or help doing this), find magical treasures, runes and powers and could even fight with some dragons.

In my opinion though these possible dragon fights should be at most rarely against "real" dragons because on the one hand it would break the codex of witchers to kill real dragons and on the other hand even in Zerrikania there souldn`t be much real living dragons left and the Zerrikanian citizens (especially the priestesses of the dragon cults) wouldn`t like it at all to kill one (maybe only if the dragon is a real threat to humanity and there`s no other possibility). But in my optinion, the biggest part of Zerrikanian dragons Ciri would fight should be "lesser" dragons, so for example wyverns or kind of drakelings.

4. (Maybe) a certain resemplance of "TES: 5 Skyrim"-feeling
Traveling through such a mystical and high magical place should be kind of ideal for a character like Ciri and can suggest players of doing really heroic adventures of worldwide importance. Especially if there would be a main storyline during which Ciri has to find the entrance point of all magic on the Witcher- continent who is rumored to lie somewhere in (or under) Zerrikania. So in short she would need to find the "center" of all magc and the place where it first appeared during the (first) conjunction of the spheres. Or maybe even travel to the original realm of all magic (for finding a weapon or fighting an arch enemy)?

During the quests Ciri should visit (at least some of) the most important and interesting places in Zerrikania (surely not the entire realm) and meet prominent and versatile NPCs from previous "Witcher" games (and books) and of course new ones from Zerrikania (for example the sorceress queen of Zerrikania when Ciri travels to the capital of the realm or/and the high priestess of all zerrikanian dragon cults).

These are my thoughts on it, feel free to comment. :)

Last edited:
Prequal to the series when all Witcher schools were in their prime. Game will have character creator. Lock it in.

I love Ciri as much as everyone else, but I really hope she does not become a main protag in the next game.
I hope for a new protag either 10-100 years after the main events of the game and a new conjuction has occured making the needs for Witcher arise again, or a prequel in the golden age of witchers

I have changed my mind. I think CDPR are not ready for Witcher 4 (yet) & I prefer if they make Witcher 1 Remake as a way to coming back to its roots, reorganized themselves, while also doing a much more manageable project in this unpredictable & post/not pandemic time.

A project like Witcher 4/sequel would imply that such project MUST BE BETTER than Witcher 3. Such a thing is a very big & downright stressful expectations, especially after CP2077 disasters.

I have changed my mind. I think CDPR are not ready for Witcher 4 (yet) & I prefer if they make Witcher 1 Remake as a way to coming back to its roots, reorganized themselves, while also doing a much more manageable project in this unpredictable & post/not pandemic time.

A project like Witcher 4/sequel would imply that such project MUST BE BETTER than Witcher 3. Such a thing is a very big & downright stressful expectations, especially after CP2077 disasters.

Ive a feeling that CDPR's backs are pushed against the wall, no Cyberpunk Expansion will save them either. Thats why I think totally new direction like God of War 4 is the way to go. Alot is riding on Witcher 4.

Hi guys, I don't know if suited to be posted here but I have suggestion for next game.
BTW it can contain spoilers so beware.

Wouldn't be sick if we could be playing as Geralt's child? It W2 we met two scholars that gave us something and if Geralt have time he should take notes if something is changing. In W3 we can find notes about this and it's saying Geralt should have be able to have a child and as we knoe Geralt there should be at least one if not dozens of his children. So what if in W4 we create character of that child and he/she will be looking for Geralt to find his/her farther. In the end they met but with tragic events and new enemy, Geralt will die in the end to save his true child with epic climax of Geralt story. Child will became witcher with help of Ciri as Last Witcher. Ciri will help child finish training as Geralt trained her. They will go to avenge their farther.

That's it. Thanks guys if you are reading this as I have this idea for long time and finally I posted it somewhere and I'm sorry if it's something wrong, English isn't my first language so please be benevolent. Thanks again and wish you all great day.

Top Bottom